Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A portrait with the SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: A portrait with the SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5 Reply with quote

Old lady 96 years old, but the lens is younger... SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5 from the late 1970. The light conditions were not ideal, but even so the lens has captured every detail of the old lady's face.

Technical data:
SMC Takumar 135m F2.5 on Sony A99, ISO 1600, speed 1/50s, aperture F2.5 (not sure)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flattering capture of a lovely lady.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

You should have stopped down a little bit as I can see the octagonal shape of the iris on the right side of the photo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
:You should have stopped down a little bit as I can see the octagonal shape of the iris on the right side of the photo.

I think this is a pleasing portrait. Would altering the shape of the iris improve its qualities?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A portrait with the SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5 Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
Old lady 96 years old, but the lens is younger... SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5 from the late 1970. The light conditions were not ideal, but even so the lens has captured every detail of the old lady's face.

Technical data:
SMC Takumar 135m F2.5 on Sony A99, ISO 1600, speed 1/50s, aperture F2.5 (not sure)

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In behalf of the old lady and me,
to everyone who took time to watch the picture, and especially those who posted comments.

(Picture above extracted from: http://rlv.zcache.com/maiko_kokeshi_doll_blue_kimono_geisha_girl_postcard-rcc35c9bfa27a463d86478055e08b1753_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg)

calvin83 wrote:
You should have stopped down a little bit as I can see the octagonal shape of the iris on the right side of the photo.

You are a great observer, calvin! If the lens were wide-open, the shape would be perfectly circular.

scsambrook wrote:
I think this is a pleasing portrait. Would altering the shape of the iris improve its qualities?

Thank you. The iris has 8 blades precisely to provide a nearly circular aperture, which is the form that produces the smoothest bokeh. I tend to think that in this particular case, a perfectly circular iris would not make much difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Very nice portrait!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely portrait, beautifully taken. And obviously a very fine lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrait. This is a lovely lens. I have this one and the SMC Pentax K 2.5/135 also. Both have have the same optics.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portrait.

The Pentax K135/2.5 is a nice lens indeed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A portrait with the SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5 Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
Old lady 96 years old, but the lens is younger... SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5 from the late 1970. The light conditions were not ideal, but even so the lens has captured every detail of the old lady's face. Technical data: SMC Takumar 135m F2.5 on Sony A99, ISO 1600, speed 1/50s, aperture F2.5 (not sure)

That is a ~lovely~ portrait of an older woman (and, although it's a subtle difference, I would prefer the term "older woman" to "old lady"). If I ever reach 96 years old (not likely - LOL), I would hope that you, Gerald, could happen to be nearby with your SMCT 135/2.5 and could capture such a stunning portrait of me. [Now that I think of it, though, in my case, a lot of "photoshopping" might be required in PP - LOL.] Great job, Gerald !!!

[As for the octagon in the bokeh, I'd say that, yes, it is there, but it is an insignificant "flaw" (so to speak).]

quidam wrote:
This is a lovely lens. I have this one and the SMC Pentax K 2.5/135 also. Both have have the same optics.

pinholecam wrote:
The Pentax K135/2.5 is a nice lens indeed

Your portrait, Gerald, is inspiring me to dig out one of the ol' SMC Pentax K 135/2.5's and give it some exercise... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: A portrait with the SMC Takumar 135mm F2.5 Reply with quote

WNG555, newst Steve, Lloydy, quidam, pinholecam, fwcetus, Attila,

Thank you, guys! Thank You Dog

fwcetus wrote:
If I ever reach 96 years old (not likely - LOL), I would hope that you, Gerald, could happen to be nearby with your SMCT 135/2.5 and could capture such a stunning portrait of me. [Now that I think of it, though, in my case, a lot of "photoshopping" might be required in PP - LOL.] Great job, Gerald !!!

Thank you! I wish you a long life! If I use an old Meyer triplet lens for your portrait, photoshopping will not be necessary and we can also include a lot of beloved "soap bubbles" in the background. Laughing