Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 400mm f/5.6?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 400mm f/5.6? Reply with quote

I don't know if there is a topic for this one already. If there is, I couldn't find it.

So about a week ago I picked up an old Yashica FX-1 brochure from a camera fair. The brochure is in Finnish. It included a catalogue of Yashica ML lens series, and ML 400mm f/5.6 was listed. I have read that this lens was never published, even though it has been shown in brochures like this. But what bothers me here is that this brochure is in Finnish, and pretty much everything in Finland came to the market a lot later than say USA and Japan in the 70s (or so I would like to think).

Attached below are some scans I took from the brochure, including Yashica ML lens family shot in which 400mm is pictured. Sorry for the poor image quality, my scanner is rather cheap...

So my question is, could ML 400mm f/5.6 lens have been produced after all?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly it was produced. In 1978, Cambrige Camera Exchange in New York sold NEW AUTO YASHINON ML 400mm F5.6 for $307.50. As a reference, the NEW AUTO YASHINON ML 135mm F2.8 was priced at $114.30.