Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vietnamese village kids, Sony A7 + kit zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Vietnamese village kids, Sony A7 + kit zoom Reply with quote

Untitled by andreas, on Flickr

1/3 by andreas, on Flickr

Untitled by andreas, on Flic
remarks:
Not that I had wanted to, but it happened that I 'was told' to be the wedding photographer for friends here in Vietnam. For this reason only I had resorted to using my only AF lens for my Sony A7, the FE 28-70mm f3.5-5.6. This was pretty much the first time that I had used this lens.
In the remote village near the Cambodian border where the wedding reception had taken place I had noticed the bunch of very photogenic kids hanging out. I only had time to take a few fast pics when arriving, once I ran away from the function for a few minutes and was able to take a few more and to take a few more just before leaving. I wished that I had more time for the kids, and that I would have found to walk around the village. Anyway I was pleased and this may well have been the starting point to use AF lenses ore often.

cheers, andreas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely portraits Andreas,
Well done Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Stefan for looking and commenting.
I had tried to do subtle B&W conversions keeping greytones, these have become a bit rare, most seen have boosted contrast, clarity asf. which I also did a bit on this one:

cheers, andreas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask how you managed to approach a group of kids like that, and the grand mother too for that matter. all whilst they more or less were ok with you taking pictures of them?

I wish I was as brave as you.

This first image. Just beautiful Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
May I ask how you managed to approach a group of kids like that, and the grand mother too for that matter. all whilst they more or less were ok with you taking pictures of them?

I wish I was as brave as you.

This first image. Just beautiful Wink

approaching them was not an issue, no bravery needed Smile and because I was on 'duty', having 'been volunteered' Wink as the wedding photographer, it was very normal for me to be taking photos. Nobody and least the children might have expected me to take photos of the kids though. See the surprised faces of the three girls on the sofa and one also can see surprised men turning their head in one 'grandma' pic. Some of the kids, if I interpret their frowns correctly, seemed a bit bewildered, even disturbed and to wonder: "what does that weird looking fellow want from us?" The bigger boys seen the first and second photo in colour in the end had a ball. The grandmother was into protecting and reassuring the boy and didn't mind. The girl in the last was very shy and I had to be fast to catch this only take of her, I have tender feelings with that photo.

one of the first takes, just after I had arrived:

another 'early' one

and two more 'late' ones:

cheers, andreas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series! Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Lars Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series Andreas!
I like them all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Andreas! Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a great series as usual, even the character of the pics is not the one as if you manually focus an old lens
My favs are these with the very young lady, showing that she dislikes you entering her playground

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enjoyed viewing this excellent series

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for the roses everybody, 'Himself', Klaus, Thomas and Karen Smile
it didn't take much more than pushing the button, merit is with the kids resp. with me for simply having been there Smile

Thomas are you referring to this cute girl?

1/3 by andreas, on Flickr

I had pushed the button trice, it's fun to see her reaction, the 2nd and 3rd takes:

2/3 by andreas, on Flickr

3/3 by andreas, on Flickr

cheers, greetings, andreas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

That pictures are really great!
Lovely and serious little girl, nicely pictured!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
kuuan wrote:

That pictures are really great!
Lovely and serious little girl, nicely pictured!

thank you very much 'Minolfan', she was so lovely and I worried making her feel uncomfortable, but she is has a strong personality Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, exactly this young personality - having 2 daughters, it has a strong impact on me

it would be great to keep the contact to her and see how she develops

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
yes, exactly this young personality - having 2 daughters, it has a strong impact on me

it would be great to keep the contact to her and see how she develops

oh, congratulations for your daughters Thomas Smile
I don't have kids of my own but have been lucky to watch a few very closely growing up in the alley where I stay in Saigon during these last 5 to 6 years, from kids to mid teenagers. I am not sure the cute village girl will remember me for long, I took all the pics within just a few minutes. There is some chance that I shall go back to the village, invited, but nothing much certain..

best greetings and wishing much joy, andreas