Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Modification of a Schneider Xenon 16mm 1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Modification of a Schneider Xenon 16mm 1.9 Reply with quote

An unusual problem. I shoot this lens on a micro 4/3rds body. The lens vignettes to a degree and this is logical since it is a wide lens for the micro 4/3rds system.

I am contemplating grinding off the portion that you can see here that is black. It will not stop all vignetting but (I hope) will reduce it.

My first question is: please note that on the silver ring, just where I put the yellow circle, there is a screw, and there are 3 such screws on this ring. I assume that if I unscrew the screws that this ring can be removed so that I can then grind down the part of the lens that creates a large part of the vignette.

However, I am uncertain what may happen if I loosen those screws!

That is all I need to do: remove the f stop control ring; grind down the protruding part, and reassemble.

Any advice here (this must be very simple) would be appreciated.