Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 24/2 Komine
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Vivitar 24/2 Komine Reply with quote

Took a walk with this lens, runaway from boring wedding ceremony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I didn't remember that Vivitar had an f/2 version.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

Thanks Michael, this is the last normal lens I bought. it has soft at wide open, but very usable.
There's Kiron made version too, bigger than this Komine. Kiron has 55 filter, this one has 52mm.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Very nice results, I really like the last one!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me to bring an interesting lens the next time I am at a boring wedding!

I like the spider and the last one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks WNG555 & JJB
more

and one from the other day
8 pigeon race

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones!! I hope that wasn't your wedding!! Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Twisted Evil Wink

Good results.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys
kds315* wrote:

Laugh 1
that would be hillarious...
I have alibi, I was with my 1 year son and he could not stayed still, always walking around Smile
here's him

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just me, but there are no boring weddings from a photographer's standpoint. Always a candid babe or drunk idiot to shoot. You can shoot kiddies and bokeh any time.

But again, that's just me. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Thanks Michael, this is the last normal lens I bought. it has soft at wide open, but very usable.
There's Kiron made version too, bigger than this Komine. Kiron has 55 filter, this one has 52mm.

How do the Kiron and the Komine compare? Is one better than the other, be it optically or in terms of build/handling? Also, is there any difference between the Kiron-made Vivitar 24/2 and the Kiron-brand 24/2?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
IAZA wrote:
woodrim wrote:

How do the Kiron and the Komine compare? Is one better than the other, be it optically or in terms of build/handling? Also, is there any difference between the Kiron-made Vivitar 24/2 and the Kiron-brand 24/2?

The optical formula is same (opcon design) but usually kiron lenses are good and komine lenses are very good

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
Maybe just me, but there are no boring weddings from a photographer's standpoint. Always a candid babe or drunk idiot to shoot. You can shoot kiddies and bokeh any time.

But again, that's just me. Smile

hehehe that's right. I was bored shooting people in wedding ceremony. or maybe I'm not a true photographer Very Happy

invisible, I dont have the Kiron one, form this forum you can search, they're looks similar results. but The kiron has grease problem.

from recent shots

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The optical formula is same (opcon design) but usually kiron lenses are good and komine lenses are very good[/quote]

That's interesting to know, thanks. I have the Kiron version, it came with the dreaded Kiron stuck aperture. My experience has also been that Vivitar Kiron lenses (28/2.5, 28/2 75-150/3.Cool are difficult to disassemble, they seemed to have a fondness for gluing threads. I did enjoy the optical quality once the aperture was cleaned though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iaza, some excellent pics--clearly a capable lens. I understand Komine also made a 24mm f/2.8 Close focus lens--any experience with this one?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusthrow wrote:
Iaza, some excellent pics--clearly a capable lens. I understand Komine also made a 24mm f/2.8 Close focus lens--any experience with this one?

No I never tried that one. I have Miranda brang 24/2,8 (possibly made by Cosina) which has closeer MFD than this Vivitar. Nice lens. I think close focus is interesting point. that's the reason when I choose Miranda over Vivitar.

From recent trip with Vivitar 24/2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bokeh balls with a bright border look very kiron to me. Usually Komine ones are less defined.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Kiron version a while back with a stuck aperture for next to nothing, and it was easy enough to clean the old lube out, all the glass came out easily and I just flushed the lens aperture with lighter fuel, and it's still OK 12 months on.

It's not a bad lens, but it's not a great lens. But to be fair, I have only tried it briefly on my A7II and it was a horrible wet day. I'm sure there are better results to come from it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some lovely images. A very few have a kind of "nervous bokeh" that I am not a fan of but most of them are great and a few are just fantastic. The fern, the suspended twig, and the heart shape leaf are amazing and really show the skill of the photographer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll have to submit a few snaps from my copy. Also have the Kiron and Panagor versions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something that I stumbled upon. I have the lens, but not really used it much 😢

https://furud.net/photography/lens-test-panagor-pmc-auto-wide-angle-24mm-f2-5/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try mine again, and again I didn't find it to be anything special, so I sold it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a CFD mount example of this lens and used it on my samsung NX20 for a while. I thought it a good lens actually, a worthy complement to its sibling the 28mm f2. Neither of these impresses at f2 but stopped down they are amongst the better vintage WA's IMO.

Check out the full sized 9mb image of Conwys' almost completed new Cultural Centre (taken last October) by clicking on the pic. Middling F.