Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Messing with one messy Tair-11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Messing with one messy Tair-11 Reply with quote

This will be slightly longer than normally, and let me start with saying there were simply a poorly assessed, unlucky purchase in the beginning (Late August '15). Found somewhere at Ebay's not sold item listings, clue was leading to a certain admin of one of these FB manual focus marketplace groups whose work was sadly nothing but disaster from packing and shipping to condition of his items. As he wasn't as annoying as his condition and selling manners by far, I've decided not to name the guy (lets just say it wasn't Attila Very Happy).

The item arrived absolutely stuck (a general pain of these Tairs), with all (damn twenty) aperture blades pretty much messed around the inner space, and of course dirty. But the item looked somewhat nice overall and definitely had potential, like poorly behaved but almost brand-new car. In this case I have to admit my serviceman really saved my ass.

Having developed serious LPS (Lens protective syndrome), couldn't just abandon this very nice (arguably one of the coolest) Soviet lens half-dead, now I'm trying to sell the lens with profit Happy Dog

Therefore I've tested the lens outside today, just a couple of mins before sunset (and clouds). They may not be the most elaborate portraits in the world, but should pretty much represent what the lens is capable of.

(Note: I do have second, GP 1958 marked copy in my collection, salvaged and restored after even worst general conditon. But that one was cheap/er as well as frankly and correctly described.)

(If you're watching closely, you may not ignore the nasty silver bruise on the right side of the inner barrell. From wounds like this, one can easily be sure the previous owner was certainly no Albert Einstein.)

Marek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are thousands of Tair 11's that are now jealous of this one, good on you for seeing it through to a working and usable state.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your repairman does good job! Smile Nice portraits.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was worth the job. Great portraits

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, great lens and portraits!
I have the 11-2 (black) Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Like Dog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the GP 1958 better?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Is the GP 1958 better?

It's very unlikely, but scracer and very interesting looking

Besides, the lens had level of dirt of epic proportions all over the body (will post comparison photos here once), so it is my darling Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Is the GP 1958 better?

Don't they look the same? Are you referring to the graving only?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Marek wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Is the GP 1958 better?

Don't they look the same? Are you referring to the graving only?

Yes Very Happy Brand sells Very Happy !

(Be that as it may, I could easily live with this posted one too, but I do have both.. And I do believe the future owner will be happy and pleased with in current condition)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me your filter ring size? Mine is 52mm, but this website is listing it as 49mm. Is there an error or there exists two versions?

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_44.html

By the way, am i the only one who have the original hood for this lens? Very Happy