Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biotar 7,5cm f/1.5 Red T Exa (1940) - cropped portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biotar 7,5cm f/1.5 Red T Exa (1940) - cropped portrait Reply with quote

Lets start with the statement this is kind of a sequel of this recent thread.

This one is a Red T version in mechanically great overall condition but front elements are anything but great. Actually, it locally much more reminds of ice after ice hockey match that ended in 6th overtime period than lens optics. IIRC this lens had revolutionary coating in its era, but its layer is pretty much gone in the edges. My Canon won't ever use these areas of optics but still, optically damaged lens will always be a damaged lens. (You won't see the difference now, since the lens got "a bit frozen" in today's weather.)

However it still performs sharp and vivid. I think sharpness of this copy may be slightly better.

Unlike postwar Biotars, its grease tends to froze in freezing weather. I guess that means either too old or worst grease used or the construction is less precise and more tight (general problem of Triotar 135, Tair 133 etc.)

Marek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely model and a great image. Its obvious why those are so highly sought after.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog