Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Color-Apotar 1:4.5/85 from Agfa Isolette L
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Agfa Color-Apotar 1:4.5/85 from Agfa Isolette L Reply with quote

Jury rigged this onto some Pentax auto bellows, here's a test I've taken with it.

I plan on heading out and taking more with it soon!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that lens on the original Isolette III!
Just a tripplet if I remember correctly but well made.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm surprised it's just a triplet, too. I didn't get to head out with it yesterday but I might today.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the lens shifted (which is highly possible seeing as how I'm just using masking tape to secure it to the bellows) which caused a lot of light to leak through, making these images (especially the first one) low-contrast.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low contrast is not necessarily a problem that can’t be solved! I like since it allows for more editing headroom.
I took the freedom to do a black point and midtone adjustment. It shaped up nicely!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super easy to add contrast, much harder to remove it and still look natural(to me).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Fantastic! That's exactly how it looked to my eyes.

I edited the second picture to increase contrast and it does look a lot better. I agree with Lightshow, it is a lot easier to add contrast than to take it away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog