Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zhongyi Lens Turbo II arrived
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Zhongyi Lens Turbo II arrived Reply with quote

Well the lens turbo arrived from china pretty quickly (£89), I opted for EOS to E mount (thanks to the advice from you helpful guys here) with EOS to C/Y and EOS to M42 adapters. Quite impressed with it actually. It mounts unusually but seams well made, I've mainly been using it with Helios 44m and helios 44m-4 so far but will up date this thread as I go along

Helios 44m + lens Turbo II

windswept & interesting by Scott Hills, on Flickr

Wee Molly by Scott Hills, on Flickr

by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/caledonia84/]Scott Hills, on Flickr

Helios 44m-4 + lens Turbo II

Helios 44m-4 + Zhongyi Lens turbo II by Scott Hills, on Flickr

Carl zeiss Flektogon 35mm f2.4 + Lens Turbo

Carl Zeiss Flektogon + Zhongyi lens Turbo II by Scott Hills, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. The church especially looks good to me. These are on the A6000?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Really nice. The church especially looks good to me. These are on the A6000?

Sorry, yes A6000, I was quite impressed with the CZ flek with the turbo as I was expecting poorer results on wider lenses especially in the corners, this was taken at f8 where as the rest would have been between f2 and f2.8 on the helios.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, I especially like the Flektogon picture.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try with a wide angle lens (or even 35mm) to shot a landscape who have both side at the same distance from you ?
( maybe i dont express myself good)

I ask that because the speedboster that i had have one side is softer than the other

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, @thebbm I will need to test it further with wider lenses, the problem with one side being out of focus is one I've heard of before, so you have a camdiox or roxeen speed booster? The issue arises when the optical element is not aligned properly in the adapter, I think it's fixable by dismantling and leveling the element.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few from today and the lens turbo, this time I used a Yashica 50mm f1.4 and Volna 9 (which I'm looking after for a fellow forum member)

Yashica 50mm f1.4 - pretty sure now I can see more of the corners it looks to swirl a bit?

Yashica ML 50mm f1.4 +ZLT II by Scott Hills, on Flickr

Volna 9 - Unusual aperture on this one bokeh is quite varied as you'll see from the pictures.

Volna 9 50mm f2.8 Macro + ZLT II by Scott Hills, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Like Dog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me think again!

I really consider to buy the version II for Nikon to Fuji. (I own the Pentax to Fuji one.)

Could you please try a wide angle (e.g. 24mm) landscape? Because with my version it's like: the wider the worse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great series! I particularly like the last two Volna-9 shots.

Just curiosity but what kind of establishment was it that banned dogs, food and photography?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Happy Dog Like Dog

Many thanks!

Quote:

I really consider to buy the version II for Nikon to Fuji. (I own the Pentax to Fuji one.)

Luckily I'm looking after some wide lenses for someone think I saw a super takumar 24mm in one of the boxes that should work I'll make sure and take that out next time and test it. I wouldn't hold out too much hope though I've heard they@re not the best that wide

Quote:
What a great series! I particularly like the last two Volna-9 shots.

Just curiosity but what kind of establishment was it that banned dogs, food and photography?

Thanks,

Many thanks, the shop is a vintage clothes and Jewelry shop I think, I don't know for sure as I wouldn't step foot over the door with a sign like that!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
Thanks guys, @thebbm I will need to test it further with wider lenses, the problem with one side being out of focus is one I've heard of before, so you have a camdiox or roxeen speed booster? The issue arises when the optical element is not aligned properly in the adapter, I think it's fixable by dismantling and leveling the element.

I was a chinese one, just write on it 'eos - nex' and the front mount was in golden color.
I sold it one years ago but maybe i will buy a new ( great ) one !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
nice series
and nice to know you enjoy it Smile
my Lensturbo has limitation, but there's always a way to enjoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Zhongyi Lens Turbo II arrived Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
Well the lens turbo arrived from china pretty quickly (£89), I opted for EOS to E mount (thanks to the advice from you helpful guys here) with EOS to C/Y and EOS to M42 adapters. Quite impressed with it actually. It mounts unusually but seams well made, I've mainly been using it with Helios 44m and helios 44m-4 so far but will up date this thread as I go along

Thank you for your post. Makes me thinking about getting one.
But which one? Eos-Fuji? Will let me adapt my Olympus, Exakta, Leica R, M42... lenses
Or FD-Fuji? For my 1,2 85mm and few other Canon lenses.
Maybe I should start with one of this two. Which leads me back to the question: which one?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Zhongyi Lens Turbo II arrived Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile I don't often go out without it now! It has me craving a full frame camera........

exaklaus wrote:
caledonia84 wrote:

Thank you for your post. Makes me thinking about getting one.
But which one? Eos-Fuji? Will let me adapt my Olympus, Exakta, Leica R, M42... lenses
Or FD-Fuji? For my 1,2 85mm and few other Canon lenses.
Maybe I should start with one of this two. Which leads me back to the question: which one?

I'd definitely go for the EOS to Fuji much more option for different lenses.

Quote:

Could you please try a wide angle (e.g. 24mm) landscape? Because with my version it's like: the wider the worse.

Very sorry for the delay, It hasn't been the weather for taking photos here in Scotland, here's a few basic photos to give you an idea with a wide lens - super takumar 24mm f3.5

seams okay to me not great n the corners but I think I could live with it, performs better than my Sony 16mm f2.8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your opinion. Guess I will get the one with Eos mount.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have that Lens Turbo II now for a while. Love to use it with my Summilux-R 1;4/50 on Fuji X-E1.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar how well the Super Tak 24/3.5 performs on a full frame camera, but the photos you show here seem to indicate that the edges and corners hold up quite well. I've definitely seen worse with these Zhongyi LT's.

I've been tempted to get one since I can't afford a FF digital, like the Sony a7-series. Your examples are increasing the temptation. I'll likely get a Canon FD to NEX version, since my best lenses are either Tamron or Canon FD. I have a few nice Nikkors, but I also have a Nikon to FD adapter that retains infinity focus. And I have an M42 to FD adapter also, although I don't have many M42 lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see of these Lens Turbo's, the more I want one. I borrowed one from member Phil for a while and was very impressed with it. I should stop buying cheap lenses and save my money for one. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

How are the lens retaining mechanics on yours? I bought the MD mount version and optically it's fine, but right out of the box, the retaining lever didn't work at all. I could twist a lens off without depressing it. I had to bend an re-engineer the whole damn thing, and found another YouTube video of someone who had the same problem. I had waited 3 months to get the damn thing from China, so I didn't even want to ship it back.

Definitely wasn't impressed with their mechanics though. It's also a bummer it can't be used with certain lenses (like the 50mm F/1.4) or the rear element will crash into the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the one for Fuji - Eos and everything is fine and works the way, it should.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
I have the one for Fuji - Eos and everything is fine and works the way, it should.

Likewise! I really like the Lens Turbo II, works great on my Fuji...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devinw wrote:
Nice!

How are the lens retaining mechanics on yours? I bought the MD mount version and optically it's fine, but right out of the box, the retaining lever didn't work at all. I could twist a lens off without depressing it. I had to bend an re-engineer the whole damn thing, and found another YouTube video of someone who had the same problem. I had waited 3 months to get the damn thing from China, so I didn't even want to ship it back.

Definitely wasn't impressed with their mechanics though. It's also a bummer it can't be used with certain lenses (like the 50mm F/1.4) or the rear element will crash into the lens.

Mine works fine with Rokkor MD 50mm 1.4 (55 mm diameter filter, not last version). I found it a bit tricky early on but works fine with a bit of practice.
Had difficulies with 85 mm f2 need to be careful.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang that kind of sucks. Wish I had just sent it back. Sounds like mine was hosed. Sad