Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Helios 44M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: MC Helios 44M Reply with quote

"MC" Helios 44M - Saw it mounted on a Zenit body in a ebay listing from Beverly Hills, bought it out of pure curiosity ....which is why I buy most lenses anyway.....[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201512/big_7270_20150407_18_1.jpg]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A proper Russian one as well, it's a great lens. Enjoy, and post pictures. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats What's the production year? Mine is 81.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please describe its coating in terms of colors?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a MC 44M with 8 aperture blades, not a MC 44-4 or other version. I was told by a leading member from Russia on a Helios group in Flickr that it is what it says it is. A certain person from Denmark for some unknown reason "dished" all over me because he claimed "so what, you can buy a 44M and swap the elements with 44-7 and have a better lens, everyone is doing that now, so that's a meaningless lens because people do this all the time now and there's no point to having yours at all if you can have 8 blades and the superior optics of the 44-7". Performance or IQ has no relevance in my purpose, posting an odd ball no one has discussed, mentioned, or supplied information on was my only intent.

If some people don't agree I can respect that and won't argue, why would I and why should I...and more importantly if there is information regarding these why hasn't it been offered or presented before now? I bought it, it's mine, and I'm stuck with it regardless what it is. I gain at the very least, a clean Helios of some version and at the most I have a rare lens even though it's not considered very valuable and which evidently can easily be outdone by swapping out the elements of a 44-7 and placing them in an 8 blade 44M....?

Here though is a thread dedicated to Helios lens versions so I figured an odd ball would belong and certainly be fitting.

I shot directly into the sun for some red sunset shots to purposely make it flair and make ghost, it did not. But with my other 44M I could not have avoided such a thing ....

Last edited by wildlight images on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:25 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry that someone discouraged you but everyone that posts something on public forums should be prepared to filter out annoying and offensive replies.
I think you have made a very good decision when bought this lens. This is indeed quite rare lens. This is why we asked you 2 questions above. Would you be so kind to answer them?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildlight images wrote:
Here though is a thread dedicated to Helios lens versions so I figured an odd ball would belong and certainly be fitting.

It certainly is - thank you for posting. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Humulus"]:1co) What's the production year? Mine is 81.[/quote] 1982

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few versions but never found one that I'm perfectly happy with so I'm still stuck with my old '73 [I think] 44-2 which is sharp but flares terrible with any light source in the frame!!

Nice buy Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot with this lens!