Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biotar 7,5cm f/1.5 (cf. 1940, wartime) - close portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biotar 7,5cm f/1.5 (cf. 1940, wartime) - close portrait Reply with quote

Ever since gamble turns me on, I switched both my "fat" postwar Biotars for two teeny-miny cm wartime ones that are, I believe, a collector blast Very Happy

Still waitin' for Red T near MINT version to arrive, I wanna compare with this heavily (and, be frank, not always profesionally) used one. So far so good, this lens is like Jaromir Jagr of optics Very Happy and in hands of better portraiture photographer it might reach spectacular results. Despite the little girl being shot somewhere around f/4, I find sharpness to be not different from latter ones so far, excluding a certain softness and, of course, troubles against the light. Haven't yet tested Red T version though (possibly not as relevant as told or valued)

Not to look like an idiot in the mirror, I made a solid research of the item first, trying to avoid fakes etc., and quickly realized (nearly?) all Exakta mount Biotars, according to serial numbers, does come from a very similar 2.688.xxx batch:

The lens seems to be easy to handle, easy to dismantle, but worst to cram into too tight Chinese adapters. Will post the second copy results any time soon, hopefully (as it looks like another sunny 10C xmas).

Marek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful sample, congratulations on the great lens!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Beautiful sample, congratulations on the great lens!

I agree.
Beautiful result
Thank you
OH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrait. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done well to find some very nice lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

But I would never put such lens on the edge of the table! Wink