Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 28-50 f3.5 Lens Samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 28-50 f3.5 Lens Samples Reply with quote

A few days ago I bought this little zoom without knowing anything about. It supposed to be good. Some called it the 'mystery lens'.
I took my chance.
Here some samples I took today. The first one has a noticable 3D-Pop.
Alls shots taken at f3.5 with Olympus E-P1. Rather noisy because of higher ISO.
What do you think about this lens ?

3d Pop by G.Don, on Flickr

at the perfume store by G.Don, on Flickr

want some soap by G.Don, on Flickr

nervous waiting by G.Don, on Flickr

Sesame street by G.Don, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good, smooth bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry ! by G.Don, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samples not permit trial. The photos were taken in adverse conditions, poor lighting and excessive ISO... so no way. Viewing the samples, it looks like a valid lens. It would be great to see some samples at base ISO in normal light conditions.

Thanks for sharing and providing link to samples at full resolution.
Happy shots!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Y Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
Samples not permit trial. The photos were taken in adverse conditions, poor lighting and excessive ISO... so no

Sorry, I don't understand a thing from what you are saying. Please explain your problem in an other way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Y Reply with quote

asterinex wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand a thing from what you are saying. Please explain your problem in an other way.

LOL, certainly my English is terrible, I apologize for this. I was trying to say that seeing your photos, I can not judge the lens. Perhaps with other photos taken in normal conditions (natural ligth and base ISO).

Now you understand me better?
Happy shtos!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Y Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
asterinex wrote:

LOL, certainly my English is terrible, I apologize for this. I was trying to say that seeing your photos, I can not judge the lens. Perhaps with other photos taken in normal conditions (natural ligth and base ISO).

Now you understand me better?
Happy shtos!

Ok, I understand you now. The first pictures were taken with the Olympus E-P1 which gets rather noisy after ISO 800.
The last picture was taken with the Fuji X-E1. I added some grain for a more filmisch look.
I can tell you, this lens is very good! It is clearly a disguised Zeiss Smile I have a lot of high quality legacy glass and this lens is one of my favorites.
When I have the time I will take some unprocessed shots at base ISO for you.Smile

In the meanwhile you can take a look at these pictures on flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=yashica%20ML%2028-50

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you say about this lens is very interesting and is consistent with what I've seen out there. I will be attentive to your photos. Thank you to suffer my hideous English.

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: S Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
What you say about this lens is very interesting and is consistent with what I've seen out there. I will be attentive to your photos. Thank you to suffer my hideous English.

Happy shots!
your english is very good! At least as good as mine. it was just your first sentence that was a bit confusing.

It won't be easy to find this lens. It is quite rare.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had this lens and i must say that i was very happy with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens soon again, as my sample developed funghi. Sad It's a very nice zoom, including 3 primes, 28-35-50mm, and all between.
Great onto the 5D Classic via adapter.