Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 35mm f/3.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Personal experience.
I have been into many Takumars. Infinity is very easy to adjust because it is set by the rotation of the main optical block within the focus mechanism, and is locked down by friction, with three setscrews in slots. These can shift, and are sometimes loose. Interestingly the rotation/placement of the optical block also is used to adjust the aperture - the mechanism can have a different starting point for engaging the aperture linkage on the outer part of the lens.

There we have it folks -- from one center, San Francisco, of high original sales of Takumars...

Personally, I've never encountered this problem. I've never read about it anywhere else either. No mention on pentaxforums.com, fredmiranda.com manualfocus.com, here, until now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just on the leading edge !
These things are getting older and more troubled every day.
And I generally buy problem lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. Although buying problem lenses does skew results some. Apparent all the good Taks have disappeared into folks collections, leaving more problems in marketplace, compared to few years ago. I have noticed more than a few excellent copies sell for tiny amounts, lenses that would have cost much more a few years ago. When I was buying Taks circa 2006-2008, they were all in excellent condition! So that may be a tip for those seeking really nice examples -- wait for it!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
peterqd wrote:
The first version of this lens I had was the Super-Tak 3.5/35. I wasn't too happy with it because it couldn't seem to achieve the resolution
that other people on the forum were showing me, so I traded it for the S-M-C version, which was a lot better.

Great bridge shot!

Thankyou! Very Happy Our experiences with Takumars seem to be very similar.

I was given the Super-Tak 3.5/35 by a friend who knew I was into vintage lenses. He told me himself that he didn't feel comfortable
with it but he couldn't find out why, and my experience was just the same. It wasn't the infinity focus, although Luis is perfectly
correct on that. In fact it was more pronounced at closer distances. Perhaps it was a de-centered element or something. Anyway, I
wouldn't want what I said earlier to make people think the Super-Tak is in any way inferior to the S-M-C generally, that was my
experience of my only copy.

I made this comparison shot before I ditched it, all at infinity and f8. The Yashinon 2.8/35 and the Flek 2.4/35 were both superior.