Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 300mm and 500mm.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Pentacon 300mm and 500mm. Reply with quote

K6 mount (Exakta 66 / Pentacon Six). Hi can someone confirm or contradict that if i buy the above lens or one of its variants in m42 this is only an adapter. Take this off and its the K6 mount. The picture here http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-optik-goerlitz-orestegor-300mm-f-4-t33035.html dont seem to show the pentacon mount which i understand to be a bayonet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pentacon 300mm and 500mm. Reply with quote

mark fewtrell wrote:
K6 mount (Exakta 66 / Pentacon Six). Hi can someone confirm or contradict that if i buy the above lens or one of its variants in m42 this is only an adapter. Take this off and its the K6 mount. The picture here http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-optik-goerlitz-orestegor-300mm-f-4-t33035.html dont seem to show the pentacon mount which i understand to be a bayonet.

I have one 300mm f4 - and yes the M42 is a removable adapter leaving the P6 mount underneath
OH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you see them on ebay with m42 cone attached under that is the pentacon six mount. Funny since those with pentacon six mount attract slightly more cash. If you look at link what is the picture showing. thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark fewtrell wrote:
When you see them on ebay with m42 cone attached under that is the pentacon six mount. Funny since those with pentacon six mount attract slightly more cash. If you look at link what is the picture showing. thanks for your help.

Pic shows a standard P6 mount.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. I think the pic is confusing me because i see no flanges to the bayonet. Seems like for a year ive been looking for the wrong thing! I want it for my nikon. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark fewtrell wrote:
I think the pic is confusing me because i see no flanges to the bayonet.

P6 mount is not a bayonet but a breech lock mechanism, hence no flanges.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what im calling flanges are similar to canon breech lock. Thanks. Trying to make sure i get it right before buying m42 version taking off cone and fitting nikon adapter. The p6 mount in pic shows what i thought were flanges. So the ring rotates locking the located lens.