Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C.Z. Jena 1:2 f-58mm designation Biotar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: C.Z. Jena 1:2 f-58mm designation Biotar Reply with quote

I just bought my first biotar ever for $66.
Curiosity got the best of me, and it was pretty cheap I thought.
Thing is, it has weird designation.

I'm right to assume this is a biotar? Why is the designation so funky-where/when was it made?
And is that an m42 mount? Did I get a good price?
Any info would be appreciated, as I am a biotar newbie.
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a Biotar. When removing the added namering with a rubber or with the correct tool, you should find the original namering, normally with erased Zeiss and Biotar name.
It came in disguise as all western courts, except the UK one, gave the new founded western Zeiss company in West-Germany all trademark rights.
This led to namerings with engravings aus jena, jena, B made at the Zeiss plant. Or to rings like the one on your lens, added by importers for the US market
Yes, it is M42, but you may be in trouble with your adapter because of the protruding ring.

klaus