Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

looking for len like zuiko 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: looking for len like zuiko 50/1.8 Reply with quote

I just got a olympus zuiko mc auto-s 50/1.8
The zuiko give a beautiful bokeh(In my opinion) and kind of swirly bokeh (sometime) which is I really love it so bad.

I'm looking for a new lens (only wide angle lens and normal lens) that give a result like zuiko.
and How about Carl Zeiss Contax planar t* 50mm f/1.4? I heard its a good one that give sharpen and wide open

Here Example from zuiko
I can't post photo. so here imgur link [url]http://imgur.com/a/9DaoO [/url]

sorry for my bad english

Last edited by oroooat on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo not working.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for len like zuiko 50/1.8 Reply with quote

oroooat wrote:
I just got a olympus zuiko mc auto-s 50/1.8
The zuiko give a beautiful bokeh(In my opinion) and kind of swirly bokeh (sometime) which is I really love it so bad.

I'm looking for a new lens (only wide angle lens and normal lens) that give a result like zuiko.
and How about Carl Zeiss Contax planar t* 50mm f/1.4? I heard its a good one that give sharpen and wide open

Here Example from zuiko

image uploader

sorry for my bad english

First post?

If so, photos will not display until quoted by forum member as anti spam measure. I think they should work now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
Its my first post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a wide angle lens that has nice bokeh, look for lenses that are fast, like a 28/2 or faster.
One of my favourite 28's is my X-Fijinon 28/1.9,
My FD SSC 24/1.4 is a boat load of fun, but it's not ideal for landscapes because the corners are not as sharp.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow is right. You'll need speed for bokeh at wide angle, and that's money.
I happen to find the zuiko bokeh ugly (1.4/50), but I like it on my 2/28 zuiko and 2/40 zuiko.
I imagine if you're already a fan, you might like the 2/28 zuiko even more.
2.8/28 AI-S Nikkor fantastic, with very short MFD, but even more pricey.
Takumar 2/35 can be had for cheapish, and has most interesting/swirly bokeh, but very distorted and not very sharp open.
Then there's the economical choices, Mir-1 2.8/37 (not very wide) and oresegon 2.8/29 (not very sharp, but swirly/interesting bokeh).
Good luck with your search!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Planar 50/1.4 is excellent, but needs to be stopped down to f/2.8 for best results. I don't like it wide open, same with the 85/1.4.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
The Planar 50/1.4 is excellent, but needs to be stopped down to f/2.8 for best results. I don't like it wide open, same with the 85/1.4.

....He was looking for wide angle....if you read the thread. And good to know Planar is sharp at 2.8. Good contribution overall.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Have you ever used Yashica ML 50/1.7?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
Lightshow is right. You'll need speed for bokeh at wide angle, and that's money.
I happen to find the zuiko bokeh ugly (1.4/50), but I like it on my 2/28 zuiko and 2/40 zuiko.
I imagine if you're already a fan, you might like the 2/28 zuiko even more.
2.8/28 AI-S Nikkor fantastic, with very short MFD, but even more pricey.
Takumar 2/35 can be had for cheapish, and has most interesting/swirly bokeh, but very distorted and not very sharp open.
Then there's the economical choices, Mir-1 2.8/37 (not very wide) and oresegon 2.8/29 (not very sharp, but swirly/interesting bokeh).
Good luck with your search!

Thank you
I'll keep searching

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
If you want a wide angle lens that has nice bokeh, look for lenses that are fast, like a 28/2 or faster.
My FD SSC 24/1.4 is a boat load of fun, but it's not ideal for landscapes because the corners are not as sharp.

Can old fujinon mount with mirrorless directly or must use with adapter.

My gear is XT-1.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a fast wide angle you could get a Kiron (or Vivitar) 2/28mm.. can make a interesting bokeh.

oroooat wrote:
Have you ever used Yashica ML 50/1.7?

I did... I like the Planar 1.4/50 a lot more

oroooat wrote:

My gear is XT-1.

you need a adapter, it's a different mount.

StillSanj wrote:

....He was looking for wide angle....if you read the thread.

if you read the thread (and not just parts of it):

oroooat wrote:
and How about Carl Zeiss Contax planar t* 50mm f/1.4?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oroooat wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

My gear is XT-1.

As Jan has said.
Here is my X-Fujinon 1.9/28 on X-E1
Notice the adapter

Here is a link to images taken with this lens on X-E1

http://forum.mflenses.com/x-fujinon-1-9-28-t72393,highlight,%2Bx+%2Bfujinon+%2B28.html

OH