Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst 50mm F1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Porst 50mm F1.4 Reply with quote

Well I saw a porst 50mm f1.4 on Ebay going very cheap couldn't really find much info at all on the lens but went for it anyway, still struggling to find info on the lens its PK mount, I'm guessing its definitely not fuji made like my porst 50mm f1.2 or tomoika made due to the mount so cosina? anyone know if it any good? I've tried googling for image samples but it just returns 55mm versions

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens with the Revuenon name on it. It was also sold as Agfa on their Selectronic SLR (Chinon product).

There is an old topic here on MFL, couldn't find it.... i uploaded some samples made with this lens, it's pretty good. Pictures in old topics might be gone though due to the server problems from some time ago.

I also found a (small) flickr group pool about this lens here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/1982224@N22/pool/

Pic of my lens:
Revue AC3 by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squaretit gripping and style of lens/ rings look a bit like my Super Albinar 28/2.8

only it's orange not green, has no orange nipple, red R besides the red focus mark, A/M switch, and the front lens writing chiseled not printed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
I have the same lens with the Revuenon name on it. It was also sold as Agfa on their Selectronic SLR (Chinon product).

There is an old topic here on MFL, couldn't find it.... i uploaded some samples made with this lens, it's pretty good. Pictures in old topics might be gone though due to the server problems from some time ago.

I also found a (small) flickr group pool about this lens here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/1982224@N22/pool/

Pic of my lens:

It looks very similar! Thanks for the info, how many aperture blades does yours have? Do the Chinon made ones not normally have 6?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buerokratiehasser wrote:
Squaretit gripping and style of lens/ rings look a bit like my Super Albinar 28/2.8

only it's orange not green, has no orange nipple, red R besides the red focus mark, A/M switch, and the front lens writing chiseled not printed

Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

Pic of my lens:

Well it is totally different lens. PORST is Cosina, AGFA / Revuenon is CHINON. Here the topic with all photos lost:
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-bayonet-1-4-50mm-alternatives-chinon-cosina-ricoh-t60018.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed the topic. Too bad the shots are all gone....

Pancolart wrote:

Well it is totally different lens. PORST is Cosina, AGFA / Revuenon is CHINON. Here the topic with all photos lost:
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-bayonet-1-4-50mm-alternatives-chinon-cosina-ricoh-t60018.html

I always thought Chinon merely re-branded lenses and only produced camera bodies. So, did they also produce lenses?

BTW : my Revuenon lens has 8 aperture blades.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the history, but I have some limited experience [as a nifty-fifty freak] with this lens, also consinon-S 50/1.4 version, Chinon MC and Revuenon MC [which are definitely same lenses]

by the way Chinon MC 50/1.4 exists only in 6 blades version, Revuenon MC also in 8 blades version.

Well, lets start with a good things- build quality is very good, it is very sturdy lens, with nice focusing ring and very simple, clicky aperture ring [as far as I remember there is no click between f1.4 and f2]. it has higer than normal contrast and punchy colours, quite nice bokeh, has 8 blades

Now the bad points: It is somewhat boring in handling, it has almost "russian-like bulid quality form 80s" [matter of preference I know] and the worst thing is that my copy was not sharp at all WO, flare resistance could be better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent info guys!!!!! Thanks for the review Rado just what I was looking Smile the lens should arrive soon unfortunately the pk mount won't arrive till the new year.