Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

is this a meyer trioplan 2.8 100mm ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: is this a meyer trioplan 2.8 100mm ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I might get the opportunity to buy this lens for a decent price (around 50€). It is referenced as meyer gorlitz 2.8 100mm.
From the picture do you think it is THE meyer trioplan ?

Thanks for your advices

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure looks like one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humulus wrote:
It sure looks like one.

Don't mention it... I missed it, I was the second to have made a proposal Sad

Too sad, it was coming with 2 CZJ one 2.8/50 one 2.8/35, and all this for 100€ ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad pretty damn this is an 500 USD value lens or even more these days.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sad pretty damn this is an 500 USD value lens or even more these days.

I know, I know ... I think I win the contest of the missed best deal Wink
I do not regreat anything as I tried to get it before having the answer here. Anyway thanks to Humulus for his fast answer.

This is part of the game Happy Dog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say that I had a bigger miss yesterday;early 1,5/75 Biotar and early 1,9/58 primoplan and kilfitt makro for $50. Worth a couple grand probably. I was the second person to contact minutes after listing.

I know the feeling.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:

I know the feeling.

Nice miss too... Just drink a beer together Friends

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty damn Trioplan it was, indeed! (Although not the cheapest I've yet witnessed.)

Every time when you are facing decision to discuss the lens or to shoot and have it, I strongly recommend to shoot and go into lottery next time, despite you don't know much about MF lenses.

The thing is, we only live once, and wasted money are far less annyoing emotion than another lost bargain.

Missed one €100 Trioplan once too which changed my mindset, from that time I am able to buy up to three seconds from seeing some lens posted. More than three seconds allows your brain to doubt, to think and to racionalize which is the process I find sometimes necessary to avoid Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Marek said, for future reference: if the price is low enough, I would error on the side of the gamble than waste time to give others a chance to snatch it from you. The big miss is always worse than a small mistake.
I find that usually, after such s miss, something good comes your way if you are still diligent and open to it.
Keep your eyes open Smile