Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktikar Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm / f 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Praktikar Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm / f 1.8 Reply with quote



PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Praktikar Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm / f 1.8 Reply with quote

sch8mid wrote:


That's a huge lens.. how are you going to adapt it to your camera?


PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog


PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Praktikar Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm / f 1.8 Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
sch8mid wrote:


That's a huge lens.. how are you going to adapt it to your camera?


That's easy. The adapter is on the upper left. You can see the remote shutter release hanging from it.

Laugh 1


PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 - Quite easy - Novoflexadapter - Novoflex is right around the corner here in South Germany Smile

Kind regards

Armin


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great photo very sharp wow


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - love this lens , but sadly its so high priced these days ...
up to US $950.00 (last week @ebay)

best
Armin


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Praktica Bversion cheaper than the M42 version but focus closer. They are not very expensive if you find them at the right time in the right place.

Here is mine used on NEX 5N @MFD.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , but rare , and about 500 € here in Germany in good condition
Rising and rising Sad
Great shot b.t.w.

best Armin


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results guys!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sch8mid wrote:
Yes , but rare , and about 500 € here in Germany in good condition
Rising and rising Sad
Great shot b.t.w.

best Armin


Top lens, but you should know Ebay well many asking price is double price of sale prices... this lens mostly go around 300 EUR max.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
sch8mid wrote:
Yes , but rare , and about 500 € here in Germany in good condition
Rising and rising Sad
Great shot b.t.w.

best Armin


Top lens, but you should know Ebay well many asking price is double price of sale prices... this lens mostly go around 300 EUR max.

Yes. I waited for few years and got one in good condition for 1/2 of the average price Laugh 1


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The Praktica Bversion cheaper than the M42 version but focus closer. They are not very expensive if you find them at the right time in the right place.


Do all same lens in different mount have different behavior like focusing closer and stuffs? I mainly buy exakta version instead of M42 so i'm wondering if i'm missing out on those details.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
The Praktica Bversion cheaper than the M42 version but focus closer. They are not very expensive if you find them at the right time in the right place.


Do all same lens in different mount have different behavior like focusing closer and stuffs? I mainly buy exakta version instead of M42 so i'm wondering if i'm missing out on those details.

No. The PB version is called Prakticar 80mm F1.8 and the M42 version is called Pancolar 80mm F1.8 although both of them are optically the same.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Attila wrote:
sch8mid wrote:
Yes , but rare , and about 500 € here in Germany in good condition
Rising and rising Sad
Great shot b.t.w.

best Armin


Top lens, but you should know Ebay well many asking price is double price of sale prices... this lens mostly go around 300 EUR max.

Yes. I waited for few years and got one in good condition for 1/2 of the average price Laugh 1

Laugh 1


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have the Pancolar version in M42. Lovely lens.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo! Love it.


PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
The Praktica Bversion cheaper than the M42 version but focus closer. They are not very expensive if you find them at the right time in the right place.


Do all same lens in different mount have different behavior like focusing closer and stuffs? I mainly buy exakta version instead of M42 so i'm wondering if i'm missing out on those details.

No. The PB version is called Prakticar 80mm F1.8 and the M42 version is called Pancolar 80mm F1.8 although both of them are optically the same.


Sorry to be a noobie but, they're optically the same, but one can focus closer.. doesn't that mean they're a bit different? Wouldn't they give different picture because one can take closer photo?


PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
The Praktica Bversion cheaper than the M42 version but focus closer. They are not very expensive if you find them at the right time in the right place.


Do all same lens in different mount have different behavior like focusing closer and stuffs? I mainly buy exakta version instead of M42 so i'm wondering if i'm missing out on those details.

No. The PB version is called Prakticar 80mm F1.8 and the M42 version is called Pancolar 80mm F1.8 although both of them are optically the same.


Sorry to be a noobie but, they're optically the same, but one can focus closer.. doesn't that mean they're a bit different? Wouldn't they give different picture because one can take closer photo?

You can always use extension tubes if you want to focus closer.


PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to test both , Pancolar and Praktikar , my tenant for 10 years worked @ Zeiss Jena in the 80th.
He left former DDR in 1990 with his family and joined BRD air forces here in South Germany.
As Attila and Calvin83 wrote they are optically identical - couldn`t see any differences in IQ. The Praktikar I bought came attached with an Exakta camera
in mint condition , so I bought it for 350 € . Astonishing lens , attached a Novoflex adapter (just around the corner @ Memmingen (South Germany)
and I realized immediately that there were Focus peaks all over in the Viewfinder Smile


Kind regards

Armin


PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Prakticar 80mm f1.8 Reply with quote

I have a Prakticar 80mm f1.8 PB mount, i am using it on Fujifilm X-T1. Amazing lens. As I use mirrorless machine I can use them without problems and have around 40 different MF lenses. If i have to I will sell most of them but the Prakticar 80mm will never sell. I use it daily. Smaller than Pancolar, more pretty, built so simple than modern big lenses. AF is not a priority in my shooting. The size of Prakticar 80mm is like a 50mm lens of those times just a bit longer for few millimeters. No modern lens will beat the image quality or bokeh. No wonder it keeps very high price on Ebay. Rarity and quality.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/subart/16512276504/in/photolist-212QAro-UcSHAJ-Uxx2GW-SgUpez-Tjis33-SCQonC-S3LT4X-SCDBAR-RzzQ4J-TmwoUE-xLXHb4-vjmaAQ-PEuoqX-sG4rGn-tg62HD-sqgXqq-sSCU7k-ra8Jwu-rPHSjc-GZzji4-RybF9N
#1


#2


#3


#4


PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Prakticar 80mm f1.8 Reply with quote

igorskee1976 wrote:
I have a Prakticar 80mm f1.8 PB mount, i am using it on Fujifilm X-T1. Amazing lens. As I use mirrorless machine I can use them without problems and have around 40 different MF lenses. If i have to I will sell most of them but the Prakticar 80mm will never sell. I use it daily. Smaller than Pancolar, more pretty, built so simple than modern big lenses. AF is not a priority in my shooting. The size of Prakticar 80mm is like a 50mm lens of those times just a bit longer for few millimeters. No modern lens will beat the image quality or bokeh. No wonder it keeps very high price on Ebay. Rarity and quality.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/subart/16512276504/in/photolist-212QAro-UcSHAJ-Uxx2GW-SgUpez-Tjis33-SCQonC-S3LT4X-SCDBAR-RzzQ4J-TmwoUE-xLXHb4-vjmaAQ-PEuoqX-sG4rGn-tg62HD-sqgXqq-sSCU7k-ra8Jwu-rPHSjc-GZzji4-RybF9N
#1


#2


#3


#4


Welcome to the site. Your first post can't contain images (antispam measure) but from now on your posts will display normally.


PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome igorskee1976

Very nice photos using very nice lens! Good match for you skills.



Like 1 Like 1


PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dog shot is FANTASTIC! The others are quite good as well.