Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 67 55mm F4 on canon 60D with macro tubes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Pentax 67 55mm F4 on canon 60D with macro tubes Reply with quote

I took these a while back and always intended to post them. Reviewing some files I ran acrosss them and said: oh yeah!

and the 100% crop

Its a lichen growing on the surface of a bonsai pot the red drops are red wine!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really amazing. Looks interesting. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 10, 2016 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the lens out again for some shots of spring crocus. This is becoming my favorite lens. (So much so that watching e-bay I picked up a second copy at a discount) All of my very favorite shots have been taken with this lens. Its huge. But it has pentax ergonomics, and the color rendition is superb and I'll let you decide for yourself as to bokeh and sharpness. (Bring your shaving cream) These were taken with the A7ii.

and the 100% crop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax 67 55mm F4 on canon 60D with macro tubes Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I took these a while back and always intended to post them. Reviewing some files I ran acrosss them and said: oh yeah!

and the 100% crop

Wonderful images

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the image of your gear about these photos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could dig back maybe and see, not sure if I still have them. It's done with 3rd series pentax 67 55mm f4 lens (the one with the writing outside the lens tube) , p67 extension tubes,generic Chinese p67 eos adapter, eos to nex adapter. I had the tubes already as I am trying to learn to use the pentax 67 camera. But eos or nex tubes would work as well. The lens can be had for 140 to 225 USD depending on your shopping skills and patience. The adapters are all relatively inexpensive now though the first one I got was quite a bit more 89 USD but prices have come down on those.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you i only want to know about extension and light source

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lichen photo was late afternoon sunlight with no artificial light. The crocus was taken on the north side of the house with blue sky overhead and 5 dollar LED flashlight shining on it. Lighting is something I am not good at creating but I KNOW when I have it right. LOL For a setup like this I take a multitude of shots with various angles and distances Gotta love digital for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered a Pentax 67 55mm f4, to use on Nikon D810 and/or Z6, with a Fotodiox tilt n shift adaptor.

Looking forward to experimenting with this, the large image circle of this lens should be great for the T&S concept.

I've also ordered a P 67 200mm f4, bit of a wild card to see how practical it will be also as tilt n shift?

Never heard of anyone doing this with such a long lens, and at this stage I'm asking myself if I'm going a little crazy, but time will tell!

*** New update. The 55 f4 came from japan via eBay (seems much of the good 6x7 gear is there), but the Sender got confused with the purchase price, put a value 3 times what I paid on the Customs Declaration from, with the result I get an invoice for more than the value of the lens for customs duties and VAT. Not happy here, so I didn't accept it from the delivery office, and they will be returning it to the Sender. In fairness, he has admitted the mistake, so he will be refunding my full costs once the lens gets back to him. Means a delay testing though until I find another.

***Update 2. 200mm lens arrived from japan, but despite buying from an Ebay Listing for a 6x7 lens, I receive an M42 lens!

2 purchases, 2 failures! Not my lucky week. I wonder if other members have had similar problems with Japanese Sellers? My confidence, and trust in their competence, is running thin right now!

Last edited by mikejs on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how it works out!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Pentax 67 55mm F4 on canon 60D with macro tubes Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I took these a while back and always intended to post them. Reviewing some files I ran acrosss them and said: oh yeah

So kweeeuuuuhhhhhllllllll! I shot this 55mm f/4 Medium Format lens on my K20d, via an adapter: talk about using the Sweet spot, OMG! This lens, if my memory serves me correctly, is one of the sharpest of those MF Pentax lenses. Nice post--thanks. best! jt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the 50 on its original camera Pentax 67 MLU. On the Canon and on the A7. I haven't tried it on the a7rii. Must do that. The 50 is a really really sharp lens. In response to the 200 f4 mention I would say the 200 is pretty good but near as good as the 50mm.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went shopping for a wide angle for my Pentax 67 outfit, I decided on the 45mm because, well because I just like wiiiiiiiide lenses. But geez, after seeing these photos, I'm thinking that maybe I should add a 55mm to me oufit as well -- although the 45mm has been an impressive performer.

Hey Mike, given that the 200mm will have a similar image circle, I don't see why it won't work in a TS capacity. It's not the sort of optic where you're gonna find many subjects where you'll need TS, but it might be fun to play around with it, see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome shots - your photos are technically excellent, but it is your interpretation of the subject that really shines. Awesome work.

The Pentax 55mm f/4 was my go-to landscape lens when I was shooting film on the 6x7 - I always found it very sharp - . I have the same version that you have. You have inspired me to dig it out and try it on digital!