Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Schacht Edixa Travenar-A 2.8/50 does moth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: A Schacht Edixa Travenar-A 2.8/50 does moth Reply with quote

Supposedly a second tier lens from A Schacht, this one is not too shabby.
Fitted with an extension ring.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks okay to me - what aperture did you use?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Looks okay to me - what aperture did you use?

I was quite close and wanted detail so f22.
Allowing for diffraction this would not be its best aperture for sharpness but still OK I think.
I am guessing that f11 or thereabouts is its sharpest setting.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too shabby I'd say!! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the picture looks a bit odd.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Macro-Tubus version, unfortunately somebody did a number on the front element so the contrast is weak, but otherwise it is a decent performer. I guess I might find a different sunken mount lens to use on the tubes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to try one today, an Edixa Travenar. This particular model is often seen with the Edixa bayonet from the Edixa-Rex camera, and I suspect these may have been factory converted to M42 with manual aperture control, perhaps after the Edixa-Rex models failed to sell.

These photos are 100% crops with open aperture, the lens has a 0.35m minimum focus, about the most you'd ever need handheld. I wonder if the normal travenar and the macro model travenar lenses had the same optical scheme.