Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fringe obsession & looking 4 signs of uncorrected aberra
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Fringe obsession & looking 4 signs of uncorrected aberra Reply with quote

In another thread Ian (quite correctly) wrote that i'm suffering from "fringe obsession, ... looking 4 signs of uncorrected aberration" in 100% crops. I have a interesting example from this mornings work which i'd like to share. It is a large window (about 14 meters high) made of small pieces of coloured glass. The glass is unusually thick, and it consist of massive broken pieces - not the usual thin flat glass panes.

For time being i won't add much technical information.

To make sure that i'm not pixel-peeping this time, i have re-sized the original Sony A7 JPGs from 4000x6000 to about 250x400px.
To say it again: These are not 100% crops, but re-sized images!

Both images were shot within a few seconds. The light was exactly the same, and all camera settings were exactly the same. And even the lens was the same nFD 2/135mm, always at full aperture.

Nevertheless these two images are really different. My client would never accept the colors of the left one, since only the right image looks right! And it would be very difficult if not impossible to "correct" the left image with post-processing...

What happened ...??

Stephan

Hint: the thread title, of course Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have used 1x1 pixel, then there would be no difference.