Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice gear but you really need the metal finder with the 21mm f4.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, metal would have been nice but this was bought as a lot... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! I certainly wouldn't complain about a plastic finder with the quality of that lot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Thx, metal would have been nice but this was bought as a lot... Wink

Congrats Lars, nice set finder or not!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Klaus Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a recently added, but a recently discovered lens from my collection for its current value. I did not realize that it is a very rare lens when I bought it. It is a high quality lens, and the image quality is similar to that of MC 3M-5CA 500/8.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Not a recently added, but a recently discovered lens from my collection for its current value. I did not realize that it is a very rare lens when I bought it. It is a high quality lens, and the image quality is similar to that of MC 3M-5CA 500/8.

Never heard of it before! Prices are indeed high, just like the Minolta 5.6/250 mirror. Are you going to post some samples?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
kievuser wrote:

Never heard of it before! Prices are indeed high, just like the Minolta 5.6/250 mirror. Are you going to post some samples?

I might take it to the local zoo for some bird images, but I guess a Tair-3 300/4.5 could do a better job?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this Petri CC Auto 1.8/55 in M42 mount for £30 which included a CLA. It has turned out to be one of the sharpest lenses I own - tack sharp from f2.8 on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got myself a 500mm Rokkor, Vivitar 135/2.8 CF, and Vario-Sonnar 28-70.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't resist picking up one of these 600mm f8 vivitar (tokina) bazookas.

I needed to clean a bit of fungus off the rear group so unscrewed the focus helicoid to get at the optics. But this is not a simple but a double helicoid - oops, I think I am going to have an interesting time trying to get it back as was!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, persevere Marcus.

Perhaps the reason for the double helicoid is so the front element doesn't rotate? Which is actually everything north of the focusing ring in the case of that lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree, and also to multiply the effect of the focus ring.
The big difficulty will be in getting the distance scale to line up.

Another acquisition: old 1960's tamron preset t-mount 200mm f6.3. Got it with a motley bundle for negligible price to add to my tamron presets collection.
Luis: have you got/had this one? I couldn't find anything with search.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have one of these early Tamron 200/6.3

http://forum.mflenses.com/old-tamron-200-6-3-a-mini-wundertute-t8203,highlight,%2Btamron.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly speaking, Marcus, that lens isn't a preset. It's just a manual aperture lens. A preset lens, in order to be a preset, has to have that second aperture ring.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
kievuser wrote:

Today I did a quick and dirt comparison with my Jupiter-21m 200/4 from my home window just to give you an idea. The jupiter-21m was set at F5.6. The 1st image is shot with my old OM EPL-2 with the zoom lens set at 42mm for image size comparison. The images are resized to 800x600, and also some 100% crop images for both lenses. The building is about 900 meters away.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mamiya Sekor C 4/145mm SoftFocus did arrive yesterday morning, really a nice lens !! Very well made, and in pristine condition. And guess what i found in the evening?? Another soft focus lens ... which, in its conception, is quite the contrary to the Mamiya: The Tamron SP 2.8/70-150mm Soft Focus Macro. Like new as well:

The lens feels nice, it has the size and weight of a classical 4/80-200mm zoom, but an additional "Soft Focus" ring. Focusing goes down to 98cm, which equals 1:4.6 at f=150mm:

And today, in a charity shop, someone was just unpacking shortly arrived stuff when i discovered this one:

The red ring in front of the lens as well as the prstigious white color implies a bit an "L" lens, but no such writings can bee found Wink
Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding another Vivitar Series 1 800mm f/11 Solid catadioptric lens. I've owned 2 before this and sold them to buy other things then almost immediately regretted selling them. This one will have permanent home used on my K1 and K7. Be a good companion to 600mm solid cat and my Bigma 50-500.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Adding another Vivitar Series 1 800mm f/11 Solid catadioptric lens. I've owned 2 before this and sold them to buy other things then almost immediately regretted selling them. This one will have permanent home used on my K1 and K7. Be a good companion to 600mm solid cat and my Bigma 50-500.

Michael Reichmann (luminous landscape) says the quality of the lens is quite limited:
https://luminous-landscape.com/solid-cat/

Can you confirm this? Or does his conclusion come from his rather difficult setup of f11 lens, manual focusing on a dark SLR viewfinder plus film (missing focus accuracy)??

Thank you for any information!

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50mm f/0.95 Schneider Xenon:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a Big Beercan! Minolta AF 75-300 f4.5-5.6.

Can't wait for the weather to clear up so that I can play with it this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my recent activities, thorium is back on track Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 24 mm F4 - Exacta mount
Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 135 mm F4 - M42 mount.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 25 mm F4 - Exacta mount
Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 135 mm F4 - M42 mount.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First message in the forum!

I have just bought three lenses. Actually, they haven't arrived yet...

- Yashica ML 135mm 2.8 C.

- Canon FDn 85mm 1.8 with original hood. I have to pick it up tomorrow from the postal office.

- Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.4 C/Y MMJ.

Best, I will receive my new Sony A77II the next friday. So, along with my film cameras (several Canon, Yashica and Contax ones), I will be able to enjoy my small lens collection in a FF digital camera.

Saludos!