Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
thebbm wrote:
i often see Topcor lens in this forum but never try it. are they better than canon/nikon/olympus/minolta etc lens from 80/90's ?

Optically: definately not. Most of the RE Topcors were calculated in the mid-1960s, and fifty years ago they certainly were top quality lenses,
but they are not better than Canon FD / Nikkor AiS / Minolta Rokkor MD glass from the 1980s.
My statement is based on side-by-side comparison of the nine following RE Topcors with comparable FD / new FD / Ai / AiS / MD glass:

RE Topcor 4/20mm
RE Topcor 2.8/28mm
RE Topcor 1.4/58mm
RE Topcor 1.8/58mm
RE Macro Topcor 3.5/58mm
RE Topcor 2.8/100mm
RE Topcor 3.5/135mm
RE Topcor 5.6/200mm
RE Zoom Topcor 4.7/87-205mm

Some 100% crops from 24MP FF you can finde here:
http://www.artaphot.ch/topcon-re/re-auto-topcor-lenses

Machanically: The RE Topcors feel quite different from other 1960-1975 lenses. They are lightweight, and focusing is exceptionally smooth even after 50 years of use.
Many of my Ai/AiS Nikkors from 1970-1985 are either stiff or have lost lubrication ("dried out").
Late MC and early MD Rokkors are quite smooth as well, but not as easy-going as the RE Topcors.

Stephan

PS I can't comment on other Topcors since i haven't tested them.

thank you stevemark for this usefull information. i will look at your lucerne test shoots Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a new toy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my this week's purchases Very Happy Sometimes I am more naugthy than many women when you leave them near the fashion store Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Some of my this week's purchases Very Happy Sometimes I am more nauthty than many women when you leave them near the fashion store Laugh 1

Pff, man, I thought I had some serious lens-collecting-addiction.
My wife even tells me that I have a serious case of CBD (compulsive buying disorder)....and I kinda have to agree with her.

But I feel totally healthy now that I see all this.

Thanks mate Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Like 1 small

Luckily I have CSD (compulsive selling disorder) too... And being a 1/8 Jew after my Great Great Grandfather, I usually sell well Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest: I am jealous.
An APO-Lanthar 125mm f/2.5... I wouldn't even care about all the rest (eventhough a lot of them are super-nice as well..which makes me even more jealous Wink).

I don't get it. Where do you get all these great lenses?
In Germany obviously...but how?
Can you reveal a small tip of the veil please?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:
To be honest: I am jealous.
An APO-Lanthar 125mm f/2.5... I wouldn't even care about all the rest (eventhough a lot of them are super-nice as well..which makes me even more jealous Wink).

The Apo Lanthar actually stays with me. It is possibly the final solution of my matter of macrophotography and it'll replace the Zeiss Makro Planar 100 lens I've sold this morning. Even the Nikon one will certainly go into the hands of some of my friends.

There is also a beautiful Flek 65 Zebra sitting in the Psix box. I think that one is rare.

Lucse wrote:
I don't get it. Where do you get all these great lenses?
In Germany obviously...but how?
Can you reveal a small tip of the veil please?

Mostly died collectors. None of pictured items comes from Germany.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ypu operate in a higher division to me Marek.

What's the long lens by the soligor cap, next to the standard "chrome eared" soligor 400mm (4th pic)?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Some of my this week's purchases Very Happy Sometimes I am more nauthty than many women when you leave them near the fashion store Laugh 1

!

Man alive. Suddenly my guilt trips on spending too much on old camera gear seem inconsequential.

Thank you sir Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap you bought all that in a week? that's gotta be some mflenses world record or something!!

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek where did you find all this lens ? did you get them at bargain or regular price ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
Marek where did you find all this lens ? did you get them at bargain or regular price ?

Not really difficult if you are willing to pay Wink

Congrats Marek, niche catch! Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marek,

Yes, you were very, very naughty!
Shame on you ! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
thebbm wrote:

yep of course. that's why i asked bargain or not Wink if bargain i'm in holiday next week. I can travel light and come back heaavvvyy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I think I'm getting too much attention. First off, there are no bargains (whatever that means), just a series of good combined well-handled purchases of below average, but not miraclous, market value (usual situation). No (black) magic involved. I just never hesitate twice on a good deal.

I think I might have paid around €3,800 incl. all expenses, and including both Planars and Apo Lanthar. So no bargains.

Second, it is unlikely to keep majority of them. In fact, in a year all items but Apo Lanthar may be gone. It will be picked one after another by many friends/photographers around me, or friends of my friends.

Third, the lot is not that big (in fact, there are another 10-15 this week's lenses I haven't posted), and the pic of many black telephotos is basically full of cheap rubbish. I think twice as many lenses was waiting for me home when I went back from the Phils in February, I just didn't post about. Those who have my FB probably remember.

marcusBMG, I am yet to find out Smile You interested? It's 99% sure these long lenses will be CLAed - and sold.

For those who find me guilty of lensdiction Very Happy I might be. But as long as it doesn't represent a threat for my wallet I couldn't care less. I am however happy some of you just racionalized your recent purchases when compared to me and now may breath or sleep easily Whoo Turtle

Last but not least, I am single thus may not be divorced or split to end up under the bridge!

Anyway, there is so many people with so bigger gear that I will always feel like a small potatoe Smile - Attila, Luis and two Klauses to name a few Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Some of my this week's purchases Very Happy Sometimes I am more naugthy than many women when you leave them near the fashion store

This is the best post in this thread.

I am tired to see one and one purchases Laugh 1
In addition to the names you mentioned, I know there are several other members here with 400+ lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
... I am however happy some of you just racionalized your recent purchases when compared to me and now may breath or sleep easily Whoo Turtle ...

Think of it as a service to the community Smile .

And keep posting those wonderful finds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tair 11 133mm F2.8
a lot of aperture blades by random dump, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Tamron 35-70mm f3.5-4.2 09A Reply with quote

Just received a lovely mint copy from "fleabay" - complete with case
Now the proud owner of of its Johnson & Johnson cotton bud clear cap Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Close Focusing 135mm Reply with quote

Finally found a nice one off the Bay. Great focal length for butterfiles and insects.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
thebbm wrote:

I am not trying to impress anyone,or compete with anyone, but sometimes, I could buy 10 or more microscopes and many objectives in one day! Those are vintage European and Japanese scopes of very high quality. I was at the right moment that a friend of mine got dozens of old microcopes from universities and schools that replaced their equipment with new ones. Laugh 1 I picked up those military scopes at local flea markets. Many of these are still in service. I like precision instruments including cameras, lenses, and watches.

Also congrats, Marek. I like Carl Zeiss Jena products. High quality products for the people. Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Tamron preset 300mm Reply with quote

I have now added the 300mm f5.6 to my little collection of original tamron presets.

What's curious is the viv 2x-21 tc that came with it.

This vivitar 2x tc has an OM mount at one end. This had the adapter to the right on it - looks most like Nik F but doesn't fit my Nik F to M43 adapter. And the other end has, I guess, been customised to a t-mount fit - that silver fitting doesn't come off. Have any of you seen one like this? And if the adapter is not OM to Nik F then what is it? UPDATE id'ed as OM to olympus four thirds adapter.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 35-70mm f3.5-4.2 09A Reply with quote

MarkS wrote:
Johnson & Johnson cotton bud clear cap Smile

Alternatives:

http://www.tremyfoel.co.uk/photography/Adaptall/TamronAdaptallList2.html[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Hi Marek,

Yes, you were very, very naughty!
Shame on you ! Smile

Naughty?!?!? This is downright immoral!! There ought to be a law against such people! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
My congratulations Marek. Fantastic outfit. You need to let your wife run amok at Macy's now. Smile