Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
A pentax esoterica. 35-70mm f2.8

Only "AF"'s on the short lived ME-F pentax. Good IQ imo.

Very impressive indeed
T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is someone here who collects "Seagull" / Minolta equipment. Who is that again?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
I know there is someone here who collects "Seagull" / Minolta equipment. Who is that again?

Yep, that could me! I had a "want to buy" ad up a while ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3,5 135mm Reply with quote

I like very much old high quality japanese lenses, like the Komura's.
I just bought this example, mainly because i hope the attachment would be interchangeable with another example of the same brand/focal/speed that came with UNI mount for Minolta.
I am not so sure because the other one has a freely removable adapter, with no set screws, unlike the one i just acquired.

Here is the new one.

And here the old one.
I love the colored numbers, and the unusual font used for the engravings on the beauty ring (not show in this pic).
All in all, a very beautiful small tele, IMHO. I'd like to know about the optical layout, the lens is heavy for its size, i don't know if it's because of the glass (Sonnar type?) or because of the mount (brass?).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
1) silver Schneider Tele Xenar f2.8/100mm (c-mount)

2) black B&S Hollywood Omnippon TV Lens f1.9/50mm (c-mount); B&S is famous Birns & Sawyer Inc. of Hollywood LA

3) Lomo PO2-2M f2/75mm 35mm cine lens for Konvas (will be converted)

Happy Cat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Teemō wrote:

Yep, that could me! I had a "want to buy" ad up a while ago.

Cool, I've sent you a PM. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: CarlZriss Flektagon 2.8/35mm for Werramatic camera Reply with quote

I was happy to find this lens to go with my Werra cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC Macro Rokkor-QF 50mm f3.5 Macro with 1:1 extension, MCII version.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I bought a Jupiter-6 180mm f/2.8. A silver 1.5 kilogram beauty....but it still has to be shipped.

Man, I just can't wait untill it arrives Smile.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3,5 135mm Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
I like very much old high quality japanese lenses, like the Komura's.
I just bought this example, mainly because i hope the attachment would be interchangeable with another example of the same brand/focal/speed that came with UNI mount for Minolta.
I am not so sure because the other one has a freely removable adapter, with no set screws, unlike the one i just acquired.

Congratulations.

Last monday I won that same lens, together with 2 other lenses on Catawiki.
All for the price of 25 Euro (plus 9% commission-fee and 18 Euro for the shipping)....Me happy.

But after I had payed the seller informed me that he refused to ship me the lenses for that ridiculous amount....Me not so happy any more.
In the meanwhile he has faked the shipping with a false track and trace-number. Probably to be able to get the money. (Catawiki guards the money untill the goods are delivered).

I have had nothing but bad experiences on that auction-site, but this one really tops them all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3,5 135mm Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:

But after I had payed the seller informed me that he refused to ship me the lenses for that ridiculous amount....Me not so happy any more.
In the meanwhile he has faked the shipping with a false track and trace-number. Probably to be able to get the money. (Catawiki guards the money untill the goods are delivered).

I have had nothing but bad experiences on that auction-site, but this one really tops them all.

That is impossible. He's not going to pull that off, i am a seller on Catawiki and i can assure you that they will not allow this trick. Just to be sure: you should however complain to one of the auctioneers and send them a copy of the message he has sent you. I've done over 100 transactions, all positive, no troubles whatsoever.
Good luck and i do hope you get your lenses!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought in a rather nice Tamron Adaptall-2 close focus 04B (200mm) today. It is a double window lens. Condition is quite good. Price was US$35 plus shipping for the lens with front and rear covers but no adapter.

Last edited by guardian on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A no name 80/3.5 lens with a M25 microscope mount, with no s/n and no focusing helicoid. It was probably made by a small Chinese factory for some special applications. The lens elements are uncoated, and is of very hard material (quartz?). It has 12 aperture blades. What could it be? The reflection of light is similar to my Carl Zeiss Jena 60/4 UV lens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Doppelanastigmat Fixar 1:4,5 F=13,5cm Jos.Jmmelen München Reply with quote

Doppelanastigmat Fixar 1:4,5 F=13,5cm Jos.Jmmelen München
Received this to me completly unknown lens with a 9x12cm no-name camera wreck.
Anyone heard about this lens maker?
It is a 4 element lens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:
Today I bought a Jupiter-6 180mm f/2.8. A silver 1.5 kilogram beauty....but it still has to be shipped.

Man, I just can't wait untill it arrives Smile.

Welcome to the club! (go back few pages, i got a Jupiter 6 few feek ago)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My collection of 'System Focussing'-Sigma-lenses was expanded with the 4/300mm 'Macrotel'

Stopped down to 11, it can do a really nice butterfly

Caligo memnon by Ouwesok, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is rather good Ouwesok
Well done
T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
That is rather good Ouwesok
Well done
T

Thanks.

It seems like de Sigma 'System Focussing'-lenses where produced about four decades to early. On a SLR, they are almost unusable and that is what gave these Sigma's their bad reputation.
On my A6000 however it all works as a charm, not only this 300mm but all the old System Focussing Sigma's. I now have four lenses from this series, next one to find is the 'Micro-macro'(Sigma gave them beautyful names) 2.8/100mm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
A no name 80/3.5 lens with a M25 microscope mount, with no s/n and no focusing helicoid. It was probably made by a small Chinese factory for some special applications. The lens elements are uncoated, and is of very hard material (quartz?). It has 12 aperture blades. What could it be? The reflection of light is similar to my Carl Zeiss Jena 60/4 UV lens.

It looks like a classic enlarger lens. One of the old standard mounts for them was M25.

Did you get a M25-M39 adapter with it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
kievuser wrote:

It looks like a classic enlarger lens. One of the old standard mounts for them was M25.

Did you get a M25-M39 adapter with it?

Many thanks. I never saw such enlarger lenses before. No, there is no adapter for it. I will see if I can find one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3,5 135mm Reply with quote

[quote="cyberjunkie"]I like very much old high quality japanese lenses, like the Komura's.
I am not so sure because the other one has a freely removable adapter, with no set screws, unlike the one i just acquired]

They are indeed very good build quality, I started with one and now I have 4 different focal lengths, I don't know about optical scheme but this link is very useful to know which ones(Super komuras) will have the interchangeable mount:

http://allphotolenses.com/public/files/pdfs/9c85de281eee10b265e9aa77511316ab.pdf

And I got some useful help in this thread :

http://forum.mflenses.com/super-komura-100mm-f-2-5-help-with-mount-info-please-t73889.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Minolta lens, a Minolta 35-70/3.5 macro, only 15 pounds from a charity shop.
There was a little fungus at the front end, which simply wiped off in seconds. I've now spotted a few bits of fungus on the rear element, that looks a slightly more difficult job to get at.

Photos from Nexus 6P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear elements can often be a quick lens spanner job - look to see it there is a retaining ring with two slots. Or sometimes the whole rear optical unit unscrews. In any case if its only a tendril or two of fungus, I wouldn't worry about it Gary.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of this major score - £35!

CFD mount unfortunately, and the description said fungus, but still I was surprised.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
My first Minolta lens, a Minolta 35-70/3.5 macro, only 15 pounds from a charity shop.

Quite a nice lens, especially when used on FF cameras. your MD-III is visibly better than the earler MD-II 3.5/35-70mm, but not as good as the (larger and heavier!) Nikkor AiS 3.5/35-70mm (62mm filter thread).

It's your first Minolta, but it may not be your last Wink

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for that stuff to arrive ...:
A Topcon Super D with Motor, plus the RE Topcors 1.7/50mm, 3.5/58 Macro, 2.8/100mm and 4.7/87-205mm.

The RE Topcor 3.5/58mm as well as the RE Topcor 2.8/100mm will be for sale, since i have them already. Please PM me if you are interested Wink.

Stephan