Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badr12 wrote:
And I have a very basic question about PK mount please
Although it is written on the lens it is PK and not PK/A, it has no manual setting so it stays wide open when I move the ring. It can only close when I move the thing that controls the aperture from the back of the lens
I am using it with an adapter to a Sony a6000. What am I missing
Thanks

PKM mount aperture should close down as you turn the aperture ring (lens in your hand). You should also see the protruding aperture lever's position move in unison. if the lens is not closing down as you rotate the aperture ring from 2.8 to 22 something is wrong. Sticky iris's are pretty comon on viv's particularly kiron made ones but also others inc komines. Carefully push the aperture lever up while on f22 - does that release the iris blades? Inspect the blades with a flashlight, is there any sign of oiling?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Marcus
The blades are very clean and the aperture is smooth when I move it from the lever (minimum f16) which made me wonder is it is an A lens,
these are photos of it, apology for the bad quality:

WP_20170215_23_24_45_Pro by drbadr12, on Flickr
WP_20170215_23_26_14_Pro by drbadr12, on FlickrWP_20170215_23_25_12_Pro by drbadr12, on Flickr

Badr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting for long...
Couldn't get the 6-elements multicoated version (at a decent price), so i went for the older one.

Asahi Opt. Co. Auto-Takumar f1,8 85mm

Seems to be as valued as the later version.
Any first-hand impression to share?

cheers

Paolo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
Been waiting for long...
Couldn't get the 6-elements multicoated version (at a decent price), so i went for the older one.

Asahi Opt. Co. Auto-Takumar f1,8 85mm

Seems to be as valued as the later version.
Any first-hand impression to share?

Paolo, I've got the Super-Takumar 85mm/F1.9 which is virtually the same lens as from 1964 with the same optical design (5l/4g) and I'm very satisfied with it.
Here is an example picture from my lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/info-on-super-takumar-85mm-f1-9-please-t61055,start,25.html#1489798

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo opportunities are limited for me at this time of year so this morning I went over to the National Museum of the US Air Force which is about 15 minutes from my house. This is my winter testing ground for cameras and lenses. Though it's pretty dark in the hangars there is no problem using a tripod.
This was shot with the Isco Westagon 50mm F2 lens. The focus is very tight but not unusable. I'll use it for awhile and see if it makes sense to have it re-lubed or just use it as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat more and more and more: Many Thanks to Photographica_de for Elmar (Triplet) 90/4!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 'You-don't-find-much-information-about-it', rare Schneider Kreuznach AV-Xenotar 2.4-8/90 HFT

A friend is creating an adapter (3d print) for it, atm .

I find it better than my Colorplan 2.5/90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here bought this lens ?Click here to see on Ebay Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badr12 wrote:
Thank you Marcus
The blades are very clean and the aperture is smooth when I move it from the lever (minimum f16) which made me wonder is it is an A lens,
these are photos of it, apology for the bad quality:

Badr

No thats not an "A" lens. "A" lenses are easy to distinguish, they have electrical contacts on the bayonet, and an "A" position on the aperture ring.

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/technology/K-mount/Ka.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/110658-using-manual-lenses-m42-screwmount-m-k-pentax-dslrs-f.html

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!! finally got one of my dream lenses.. Summarex to match my Canon 85/1.5

Now all i need is the Nikon 85/1.5 to finish the trinity which seems to be much more expensive and harder to find..

--mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rokkor-HF 4.5/300 boxed by René Maly, on Flickr

Samples from today:
Waiting for my turn by René Maly, on Flickr

I see you ! by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leemik wrote:
YES!! finally got one of my dream lenses.. Summarex to match my Canon 85/1.5

Now all i need is the Nikon 85/1.5 to finish the trinity which seems to be much more expensive and harder to find..

--mike

Wow!

A link, although you prpbably know that one:

http://www.nikkor.com/story/0019/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disgusted, i won an auction for a very mint (no body scratch) Rokkor PG 58mm f/1.2 for a reasonable price (lower than average for worse condition). Now the seller told me he sold the lens at this store......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
I'm disgusted, i won an auction for a very mint (no body scratch) Rokkor PG 58mm f/1.2 for a reasonable price (lower than average for worse condition). Now the seller told me he sold the lens at this store......

yep some sellers don't hesitate to "cancel" auction if the price are not high enough ( or use another ebay account to increase it )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that happen to me once. Won a Vivitar S1 28-90 for about $10 at auction and the seller claimed she discovered a "problem" with it, so she wouldn't ship it, and she refunded my paypal purchase. I responded that I didn't care, I wanted it anyway. She never answered that message.

I am convinced that she learned the value of that lens after the fact and decided not to honor the results of the auction.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Won a Vivitar S1 28-90 for about $10 at auction

One in the post (OM mount) for me from auction for € 20 +pp Very Happy

To pick up tomorrow nearby Vivitar auto tele 100mm 2.8 and Tokina 135mm 2.8 (C/FD)

Last edited by Minolfan on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the Ebay problem,although Buyers are unable to block or blacklist sellers appearing in their searches,Sellers can block Buyers from Bidding. Happened to me when I complained about a seller,Ebay defended him,and he promptly barred me from bidding in his auctions again!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topcor 3.5cm f/2.8 LTM, finaly Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already about a month ago: Minolta MD Tele Rokkor 135mm/2.8, MD-II (4/4)

Minolta MD Tele Rokkor 135mm/2.8 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

Now waiting for a Tokina 500mm RF. Will be my first mirror lens. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This arrived in the mail today. I have several of the SR7 bodies but never had this lens until now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:
This arrived in the mail today. I have several of the SR7 bodies but never had this lens until now.

Nice!! All pre-SR-T stuff is quite difficult to find here in Europe; obviously it was not officially imported. The few pre-SR-T things i have were bought by Swiss people directly in Japan.

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Topcor 3.5cm f/2.8 LTM, finaly Wink

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) silver Schneider Tele Xenar f2.8/100mm (c-mount)

2) black B&S Hollywood Omnippon TV Lens f1.9/50mm (c-mount); B&S is famous Birns & Sawyer Inc. of Hollywood LA

3) Lomo PO2-2M f2/75mm 35mm cine lens for Konvas (will be converted)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pentax esoterica. 35-70mm f2.8

Only "AF"'s on the short lived ME-F pentax. Good IQ imo.