Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta Rokkor-TD 1:2.8 f=45mm The REAL Rokkor pancake Reply with quote

newst wrote:
Picked this up recently. They are available but not common so the $450 collector range price wasn't a surprise. Still, it is in excellent condition and fills out my Rokkor kit. Unlike the Rokkor 2.0/45 Hockey Puck that people insist on calling a pancake this one is actually thin. The adapter is a bit deeper than the lens.

It is a nice Tessar design with an 8 blade aperture. Good, sharp photographs with Minolta's excellent colors and decent bokeh. I would compare this lens favorably with the Zeiss C/Y Tessar 45mm pancake.

Still, unless you are collecting Rokkors I wouldn't recommend the lens due solely to the cost.

Congrats!! That is the real Minolta pancake indeed! Nice! I'd love to see how it performs, any samples yet?

Cheers, René.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather has been poor for a while so I haven't taken it out for any serious work but I did take a few test shots.

Original

Cropped

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dog doesn't look very friendly!?
You need to dare to make a picture!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually he's a sweetheart. That's just his Treat Stare, he thinks if he looks more threatening I'll be more likely to give him a treat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ newst

Sure wish I could see your lens list....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
@ newst

Sure wish I could see your lens list....

Here is what I am shooting with these days....

Contax/Kiev mount

German

Zeiss Ikon Biogon 35mm f/2.8
Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50mm f/1.5
Zeiss Ikon Sonnar T 50mm f/1.5
Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50mm f/2.0
Zeiss Ikon Sonnar T 50mm f/2.0
Zeiss Jena Tessar T 50mm f/2.8
Zeiss Jena Sonnar T 85mm f/2.0
Zeiss Ikon Triotar T 85mm f/4.0
Sonnar 135mm f/4.0

Russian

Jupiter-12 35mm f/2.8
Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5
Jupiter-8M 50mm f/2.0
Helios 103 53mm f/1.8
Industar 26M 52mm f/2.8 (Converted from LTM)
Jupiter-9 85mm f/2.0

Japanese

Voigtlander SC-Skopar 35mm f/2.5

Minolta Rokkor

W.Rokkor-X MD 28mm f/2.8
W.Rokkor-X MC 35mm f/1.8
W.Rokkor-X MD 35mm f/2.8
Rokkor-X MD 45mm f/2.0
MINOLTA ROKKOR - TD 45mm f/2.8
Rokkor-X MD 50mm f/1.2
Rokkor-X MC 55mm f/1.7
Rokkor-X MD 85mm f/2.0
M-Rokkor 90mm f/4.0
Tele Rokkor-PF MD 100mm f/2.5
Tele Rokkor-X MD 135mm f/2.8
Rokkor-PF MD 50mm f/2.0

I have a few more Soviet M42, Takumar and Konica lenses that I am in the process of selling off on Ebay. I think that between the Contax rangefinder and Minolta SLR lenses I can cover my needs going forward. My GAS seems to be in remission for the time being. Still, if I were to run into a Zeiss Contax Biotar or Biometar that wasn't in the $1000+ range I could be tempted.

New shots with the Rokkor 2.8/45 (the sun came out yesterday afternoon)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens! Someday i'll look out for the Rokkor-TD. I'm trying to get as close as i can to collect all of them plus all the SR mount bodys.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought this lens on a mint condition (cosmetics) but non-working IIIA Color Dial. I got the kit for very little money but then spent a lot for an Amedeo adapter to use it on my Fuji X cameras. The body serial number shows that it is a 1956-57 model. Based on the history of the camera I would have to say that the lens is contemporary with the body. As I understand it, this is a West German Zeiss Sonnar, coated with the black nose. It is not badged Opton.
Does all of this sound correct to you experts? I'm looking forward to getting the adapter which is on it's way from Venezuela!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct. Carl Zeiss (west) started lebeling their lenses simply 'Carl Zeiss' in 1953.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased a Leitz Telyt 200mm/F4 (Visoflex M39/LTM):

Paid 150 Euro which I consider as bargain. Looking forward to receive and test the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats wit the Telyt!

My new lens today (just like freesing cold from Postman) is a humble Steinheil Cassarit 100mm 3.5 preset in Exakta mount.
Nice little thing, good working.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Congrats wit the Telyt!

My new lens today (just like freesing cold from Postman) is a humble Steinheil Cassarit 100mm 3.5 preset in Exakta mount.
Nice little thing, good working.

Thank you!

Same to you! Though a little bit too much tendency for bubbles for my taste what I've seen from the Cassarit on Flickr. However, that's just a matter of taste. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tb_a
I am not good in creating OOF bubbles, so I don't fear an overshoot in that regards yet Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron AD2 104A 75-250mm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkS wrote:
Tamron AD2 104A 75-250mm

Heavy but for the price and IQ is an amazing lens

This was shot at 250mm f4.5 I think:
DSC02308.jpg by drbadr12, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wonderful little Konishiroku Hexanon 52mm f1.4
Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice working Minolta MC macro Rokkor-QF 50mm 3.5. from the seventies.
No 1:1 extensionring with it, but a have one already.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel I should put things on hold after getting

Auto Yashinon-DX 35mm f2.8
Super Takumar 35mm f3.5
Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 50mm f2
Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f1.7

.. and coming in the next days
Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 50mm f1.7
SMC Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

a lot to test and compare !

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:
A wonderful little Konishiroku Hexanon 52mm f1.4
Smile

Can't wait to see some images of the lens and its results.
I am amazed at your ability to CLA these things.
Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
I feel I should put things on hold after getting

Auto Yashinon-DX 35mm f2.8
Super Takumar 35mm f3.5
Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 50mm f2
Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f1.7

.. and coming in the next days
Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 50mm f1.7
SMC Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

a lot to test and compare !

Laugh 1

Every one of those lenses will take fine images.
You will have a lot of fun with these
T

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
A very nice working Minolta MC macro Rokkor-QF 50mm 3.5. from the seventies.
No 1:1 extensionring with it, but a have one already.

A great lens
Congratulations
T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Just purchased a Leitz Telyt 200mm/F4 (Visoflex M39/LTM):

Paid 150 Euro which I consider as bargain. Looking forward to receive and test the lens.

I have the same lens.
It never had much use because using a Leitz rangefinder with the Visoflex isn't exactly a pleasure Smile
I know that th Visoflex lenses have plenty of coverage, enough for sure for a "digital medium format".
Maybe the Telyt 4/200mm would perform nicely on full frame... who knows Wink
I am going to adapt a Summicron Canada 2/90mm to PK mount, using a Leitax/Chinese PK bayonet, fitted to an M to R adapter (14167), and the right focusing helicoid (16462).
I'll keep an eye open for a cheap Elmarit 2,8/135mm, which uses the same helicoid, but at the moment i'd like to know if there is any cheap/easy way to adapt the Telyt to PK.
As far as i remember native Visoflex optics don't have a removable optics/diaphragm barrel, as the two canadian lenses do.
If they did, i'd be happy to try the Telyt on the same contraption, even with a problematic min focus distance.

Btw, i can't check myself, the lens is thousands Km away.
It would be nice to know how it could be adapted, though. For future reference too

cheers

P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
It never had much use because using a Leitz rangefinder with the Visoflex isn't exactly a pleasure Smile

I will use it primarily on my Ricoh GXR-M (Leica-M mount) without Visoflex. I can imagine that the use as designed on a Leitz rangefinder camera is not really enjoyable.

cyberjunkie wrote:
...but at the moment i'd like to know if there is any cheap/easy way to adapt the Telyt to PK.

Unfortunately not. Have the same problem with my Sony A850 with Minolta AF mount. However, for macro use it works. As I have a Visoflex to Nikon adapter and there are glass-less macro-adapters available for almost all mounts available; i.e. Nikon to MAF or Nikon to PK, etc.

cyberjunkie wrote:
As far as i remember native Visoflex optics don't have a removable optics/diaphragm barrel, as the two canadian lenses do.
If they did, i'd be happy to try the Telyt on the same contraption, even with a problematic min focus distance.

All of the Visoflex lenses have removable optics and the lens heads are usable for macro purposes without the focus part of the lens. There are genuine adapters available from Leitz. However, I primarily use my Elmar 135mm and Elmarit 90mm lens heads on the 16464K macro helicoid for that purpose. That results in a Visoflex register distance which I then adapt with my Visoflex to Nikon and Nikon to Leica-M adapters (the original Visoflex to Leica-M adapter is far too expensive for my taste Wink ) or Nikon to MAF.

Maybe my solution to adapt via Nikon is also feasible for you. Otherwise there are Visoflex to Pentax 67 or 645 available. To adapt those to PK should be no problem.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Telyt 200mm Viso to PK Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions.
I appreciate them very much.

It just came to my mind:
i think i still own an Leitz OUBIO adapter.
As far as i understand, i could use the OUBIO on the Telyt 200mm (which has a LTM thread for Visoflex I), the connect the OUBIO side to the 14167 M to R adapter, which will be adapted very soon to PK via Leitax bayonet.
It should work, but i don't have any of the mentioned items with me, so i'm just guessing.
Am i missing something?

EDIT:
I think so... Smile
The OUBIO is too short.
The visoflex with bayonet mount were quite thick.
Maybe an M39 bellows would be a better solution. Or an M42 bellows with LTM to M42 adapter ring.
Not very practical for everyday use but enough to try the lens on my Pentax K-1.

cheers

Paolo

Last edited by cyberjunkie on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Telyt 200mm Viso to PK Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
As far as i understand, i could use the OUBIO on the Telyt 200mm (which has a LTM thread for Visoflex I), the connect the OUBIO side to the 14167 M to R adapter, which will be adapted very soon to PK via Leitax bayonet.
It should work, but i don't have any of the mentioned items with me, so i'm just guessing.
Am i missing something?

You're missing nothing, Paolo. That should work perfectly.

cyberjunkie wrote:
Maybe an M39 bellows would be a better solution. Or an M42 bellows with LTM to M42 adapter ring.
Not very practical for everyday use but enough to try the lens on a digital full frame camera.

That's also working. I've tried both versions, though I took distance rings instead of bellows which is more practical for outdoor shooting.

Ciao,