Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Excellent Oliver.
And you have the 6X6 mask as well. Mine comes in 6X9 only.
Also a 1959 camera like yours.
Cheers
T

Yeah, me too. No mask. Olivier's is in remarkable condition too. Mine shows fairly heavy wear along the edges and exposed bits, although everything works as it should.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Silver Soviet lenses Reply with quote

So I am not alone.. Laugh 1 I love shining beautiful lenses, and they are also excellent optics. The only black one is a very rare Chinese Great Wall brand Arriflex standard mount cine 35mm F1.28 lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Silver Soviet lenses Reply with quote

[quote="kievuser"]So I am not alone.. Laugh 1 I love shining beautiful lenses, and they are also excellent optics. The only black one is a very rare Chinese Great Wall brand Arriflex standard mount cine 35mm F1.28 lens.

WOW! Great collection! I am glad i am not the only one with the addiction Smile I also bought a Jupiter 6! What is the lens between a Tair 11 and and Jupiter 11 (at the back) in the first picture?
I guess every family has a black sheep Smile i have a black Jupiter 12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Silver Soviet lenses Reply with quote

[quote="tomasg"]
kievuser wrote:
So I am not alone.. Laugh 1 I love shining beautiful lenses, and they are also excellent optics. The only black one is a very rare Chinese Great Wall brand Arriflex standard mount cine 35mm F1.28 lens.

WOW! Great collection! I am glad i am not the only one with the addiction Smile I also bought a Jupiter 6! What is the lens between a Tair 11 and and Jupiter 11 (at the back) in the first picture?

I guess it's a Jupiter-9.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an amazing set of beautifully machined lenses. I almost need sunglasses just to look at them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great shiny collections here! What do you use to polish the barrels?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Soviet lenses Reply with quote

[quote="tomasg"]
kievuser wrote:

Thanks! Laugh 1 That lens is a KMZ made Jupiter-9(1958) in LTM mount. My other two silver J-9 for Kiev cameras all have a black nose.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Soviet lenses Reply with quote

[quote="BurstMox"]
tomasg wrote:
kievuser wrote:

I guess it's a Jupiter-9.

That is right. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
That is an amazing set of beautifully machined lenses. I almost need sunglasses just to look at them.

Lenses will never be made like these again, or they could be very expensive like Leica cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

I use steel wool and some polishing paste, but this method needs to at least partly dissasemble the lens.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1487731.html#1487731

Tomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

I did not polish them deliberately, but used a piece of chamois leather that was sold in equipment shops for cleaning lenses, cameras, etc. Chamois is a deer like animal but much smaller in size.They are easy to find in southern China's mountain areas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest lens came with Contax 137 MD and Sigma 75-300 f4-5.6 : Carl Zeiss Planar 1.7/50mm T*.
After CLA and homemade reskined with leather wastes :

Got all this with box, pouch, back and front lens caps, 3 Cokin gradual filters and a bag. For 80.

Last edited by Olivier on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a Kodak Ektanor 105mm f/4.5 enlarging lens.
[img][/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up these three. Two of the same as one of them has a deep scratch on the rear element.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a rare Chinese zoom lens,a 24-100mm F3.5 made by Changchun Nr.2 Optical Factory in 1993 a couple of days ago. What is remarkable is that it can focus down to just a few centimeters at 24mm focual length. I briefly tried it, and it perfomed about the same as a Ricoh 28-100mm F4 well beaten lens that I own.

The two 35-105 zoom lenses are talked about at other forums that I bought some months ago. One is a Canon FD and the other is a Zuiko.I prefer the Canon FD for its light weight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I bought a rare Chinese zoom lens,a 24-100mm F3.5 made by Changchun Nr.2 Optical Factory in 1993 a couple of days ago.

Interesting, please show it! What mount does it have?

The Seagull DF-1 with newer version Haiou-64 lens arrived yesterday:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not rare but a focal length that I use a lot, and of which I have several different lenses from different makers.
This focal length is probably my favourite along with the nifty fifty.
Nikkor-S 35mm
T

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
kievuser wrote:
I bought a rare Chinese zoom lens,a 24-100mm F3.5 made by Changchun Nr.2 Optical Factory in 1993 a couple of days ago.

Interesting, please show it! What mount does it have?

The Seagull DF-1 with newer version Haiou-64 lens arrived yesterday:

The one on the left in the first picure is the 24-100mm F3.5 in MD mount. I have seen many zoom lenses with a macro feature, but no one can focus this close. I have also tried a few of my Chinese 58/2 lenese of various brands, and they all performed about the same. I also comprared them with a FDn 50/1.4, a Zuiko 50/1.4 s/n 11xxxxx, and a Minolta MD 50/1.4 at close distance and at F5.6, it is hard to tell the difference. You could expect your new Haiou-64 perform the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Not rare but a focal length that I use a lot, and of which I have several different lenses from different makers.
This focal length is probably my favourite along with the nifty fifty.
Nikkor-S 35mm
T

It looks in excellent condition. Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:

The one on the left in the first picure is the 24-100mm F3.5 in MD mount. I have seen many zoom lenses with a macro feature, but no one can focus this close. I have also tried a few of my Chinese 58/2 lenese of various brands, and they all performed about the same. I also comprared them with a FDn 50/1.4, a Zuiko 50/1.4 s/n 11xxxxx, and a Minolta MD 50/1.4 at close distance and at F5.6, it is hard to tell the difference. You could expect your new Haiou-64 perform the same.

Thanks i must have missed that! Tried to google your 24-100 zoom, i guess it really is very rare!

When the weather gets better here (just rain now) i'll make some samples with this Haiou-64 and post them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Last month finds: tele's Reply with quote

I always liked focals 80mm to 150mm. Especially portrait and macro lenses.
In the last month i found a few nice ones. A couple were well positioned in my imaginary wish list.
Being on a tight budget, i couldn't go for mint optics. Now i hope that the risk i've taken will pay...
After acquiring for a decent price a Trioplan N 100mm with problematic diaphragm (that i will try to convert to M42 or PK),
i found another lens i craved for. Same nice price, same fu****up iris Smile
It's a Pancolar f/1,8 80mm, in its PB incarnation: Prakticar 1,8/80mm.
It has been crudely converted to PK. I'll see if the diaphragm can be fixed...

My mania for Soligor primes continues.
This time it's a Soligor C/D f/2 135mm, that will very likely outperform the Porst 1,8/135mm (made by Mitake) and the Raynox Polaris 1,8/135mm (made by Yoshida Industries/Raynox)
I found different opinions on the Web. I'll see myself if i'll like it or not...

My other mania are Enna lenses.
Here is a fairly uncommon Tele-Ennalyt f/3,5 135mm in black & white trim. It should be the intermediate step between the all aluminium finish and the zebra ones.
I have zebra's either with large or narrow stripes, and i have a couple of the later ones with matte crinkled finish, but none with this kind of barrel.
I think it's beautiful

Then two lenses of my favorite brand: Asahi Pentax.
One is the Super Multi Coated Takumar f/4 150mm.
The other is the Pentax-A 645 f/4 120mm Macro.

In the same focal range i've also found a Komura KMC 2,5/135mm, but i think i'll start a new thread.
It seems it's missing both rubber rings, and i'm looking for a picture.
I want to try to restore it as close as possible to the original. I love late Komuranon optics!

cheers

Paolo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Rokkor 58mm f1.4.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:
Auto Rokkor 58mm f1.4.

Congrats
That is a nice old lens!
My oldest is a lot more recent and starts the serial number with 58..
No chrome nose; alu aperture ring.
The SR7 camera was an expensive dream in my highschool time.
So I started SLR photography with a SR1 and 53mm 2.0 Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Minolta Rokkor-TD 1:2.8 f=45mm The REAL Rokkor pancake Reply with quote

Picked this up recently. They are available but not common so the $450 collector range price wasn't a surprise. Still, it is in excellent condition and fills out my Rokkor kit. Unlike the Rokkor 2.0/45 Hockey Puck that people insist on calling a pancake this one is actually thin. The adapter is a bit deeper than the lens.

It is a nice Tessar design with an 8 blade aperture. Good, sharp photographs with Minolta's excellent colors and decent bokeh. I would compare this lens favorably with the Zeiss C/Y Tessar 45mm pancake.

Still, unless you are collecting Rokkors I wouldn't recommend the lens due solely to the cost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta Rokkor-TD 1:2.8 f=45mm The REAL Rokkor pancake Reply with quote

newst wrote:
Picked this up recently. They are available but not common so the $450 collector range price wasn't a surprise. Still, it is in excellent condition and fills out my Rokkor kit. Unlike the Rokkor 2.0/45 Hockey Puck that people insist on calling a pancake this one is actually thin. The adapter is a bit deeper than the lens.

It is a nice Tessar design with an 8 blade aperture. Good, sharp photographs with Minolta's excellent colors and decent bokeh. I would compare this lens favorably with the Zeiss C/Y Tessar 45mm pancake.

Still, unless you are collecting Rokkors I wouldn't recommend the lens due solely to the cost.

Congrats!! That is the real Minolta pancake indeed! Nice! I'd love to see how it performs, any samples yet?

Cheers, René.