Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found another Kiron 28mm f/2 at the junk shop, going to give it to my niece for her birthday

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Sankyo Kohki Komura 135mm 1:2.8 seller pic:

Looks just gorgeous to me. Congrats Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in Japan selling this for 1000 yen including caps and hood. (and disintegrating lens case hence the dust, it's from foam)
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn I thought I would be outbid!

seller pic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot of info to be found about this lens, but since I like my 135 so much, I had to try it.

It's an uncoated, pre-war version that had a little fungus on the edges of the middle element and a little haze on the rear element. Luckily the construction is super-simple, so getting rid of the fungus was easy and very, very luckily I was able to clean away almost all the haze.

Short review: I love it. It's a unique character lens; I was really surprised by the look of the images it produces. I was expecting something similar to my 13.5cm Triotar, but it's actually quite different, and also completely different from the 85mm Sonnar. The bokeh for one thing is absolutely opulent and gorgeous in many situations - better than any other triplet I've seen so far. In comparison to my 9cm Leica Elmar f/4 from the same year, the Triotar is not as sharp wide open, but the bokeh is generally much smoother and nicer.

One of my first test shots as an example:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a while to find one for a reasonable price: Minolta MD 100mm f/2.5 in its last incarnation with built-in hood.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panagor 55mm f/2.8.

Do I need another copy of Komine 55mm f/2.8? Probably not. But do I need such a copy rebranded as Panagor? Yes. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Panagor 55mm f/2.8.

Do I need another copy of Komine 55mm f/2.8? Probably not. But do I need such a copy rebranded as Panagor? Yes. Smile

I like the outer style of their lenses a lot. Much more than, let's say Vivitar which uses many of the same lens designs. Vivitars are quite bland in terms of styling. I have Panagor 28mm f2.5 (Kiron) and Panagor 90mm f2.8 (Komine) in nearly prostine condition, both with original caps. On the other hand... Another brand using the same designs - Elicar is even sexier, especially in silver finish ))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
It took a while to find one for a reasonable price: Minolta MD 100mm f/2.5 in its last incarnation with built-in hood.

It is rather rare and expensive varuation of this lens indeed. I've been also looking for one for a reasonable price. I have had two 85mm f/2 MDIII for ages - it was much easier to obtain those two than the matching 100mm. Apparently, not that many were produced in comparison to MCIII or MDI.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manichaean wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Panagor 55mm f/2.8.

I like the outer style of their lenses a lot. Much more than, let's say Vivitar which uses many of the same lens designs. Vivitars are quite bland in terms of styling. I have Panagor 28mm f2.5 (Kiron) and Panagor 90mm f2.8 (Komine) in nearly prostine condition, both with original caps. On the other hand... Another brand using the same designs - Elicar is even sexier, especially in silver finish ))

Both brands were owned by the Jaca Corporation: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Jaca_Corporation

I collect Panagors (just the primes) I have all the low hanging fruit covered but still looking for the 21,35 an all above 200mm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

I collect Panagors (just the primes) I have all the low hanging fruit covered but still looking for the 21,35 an all above 200mm

35mm also seem to be a bit more rare in many brands, as people would usually go for either for standard primes or for 28mm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manichaean wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

35mm also seem to be a bit more rare in many brands, as people would usually go for either for standard primes or for 28mm

Yup and I am limited to K-mount or M42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Yup and I am limited to K-mount or M42

AFAIR my Panagors are also K-mount

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First version of the Super-Takumar 28mm F3.5
Looks good no haze just some dust, but front ring detached. Lens works without it but no hood possible. I can see where the screws go but the name ring seems one part with the filter thread and attachment part. So how to attach it if I find the right size screws...
Super-Takumar 28mm 1:3.5 (Version 1) by The lens profile, on Flickr

detached

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manichaean wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Panagor 55mm f/2.8.

Both Panagor and Elicar's styling is attractive. Vivitar's taped cone design for 135mm/2.3, 200mm/3, 28mm/1.9 is what I like.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Manichaean wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Panagor 55mm f/2.8.

Both brands were owned by the Jaca Corporation: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Jaca_Corporation

I had the luck to be able to collect their 21/4, 28/2, 35/2 as well, besides 55 and 90/2.8. The 35/2 was shipped from Europe to US.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Manichaean wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Panagor 55mm f/2.8.

I had the luck to be able to collect their 21/4, 28/2, 35/2 as well, besides 55 and 90/2.8. The 35/2 was shipped from Europe to US.

I always forget I don't have the 28/2 because I have it in Vivitar already...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
First version of the Super-Takumar 28mm F3.5
Looks good no haze just some dust, but front ring detached. Lens works without it but no hood possible. I can see where the screws go but the name ring seems one part with the filter thread and attachment part. So how to attach it if I find the right size screws...
detached

Not one part, here's mine, removed (yes it's early version! Smile)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Not one part, here's mine, removed (yes it's early version! Smile)

Thanks, got it out now. It was somehow totally wedged. even pliers wouldn't budge it. But I got my nail behind it and it moved a bit, then I could take it out helping it along with my pliers. Now to find screws that fit... Also the lens does not reach infinity. (It says it does but focus is at about 2 meters I guess)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just bought a bunch of Vivitar preset lenses: 180mm, 135mm (3 different ones types 1,2,3), 85mm f/1.8, & the 28 mm f/2.5 Type 3. Using them on my Sony A7 III.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoresteen wrote:
Well, I just bought a bunch of Vivitar preset lenses: 180mm, 135mm (3 different ones types 1,2,3), 85mm f/1.8, & the 28 mm f/2.5 Type 3..

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an Upsilon Wide 24mm f/2.8. Not sure what it is, but I only paid 10€. Maybe it is a Sigma because it seems to have an YS-OM1 adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
I just bought an Upsilon Wide 24mm f/2.8. Not sure what it is, but I only paid 10€. Maybe it is a Sigma because it seems to have an YS-OM1 adapter.

Likely, Sigma and Upsilon. Both greek letters. Does it look like this? https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/4647535-upsilon-wide-angle-lens-24-mm-1-2-8 The rear element seems too far back for any slr not to have a mirror conflict.

I bet it looks like the Sigma Widemax 28mm 2.8 (first lens in this blog in Sigma 28mm lenses: https://www.sigma-sein.com/en/ohsone/28mm_1/ )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Likely, Sigma and Upsilon. Both greek letters. Does it look like this? https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/4647535-upsilon-wide-angle-lens-24-mm-1-2-8 The rear element seems too far back for any slr not to have a mirror conflict.

I bet it looks like the Sigma Widemax 28mm 2.8 (first lens in this blog in Sigma 28mm lenses: https://www.sigma-sein.com/en/ohsone/28mm_1/ )

Yes, it’s the one from your link.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon PC Nikkor 28mm/3.5 (second version)