Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:3.5 / 28 with rectangular hood
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:3.5 / 35
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:2.8 / 120

(re-buying lenses sold long ago)

Whoo Turtle Page 200 of thread started by Teo!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Congrats Whoo Turtle Congrats

Congrats on 28, 35, 120 and 200!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ever sell a Takumar unless you have a better copy :p

This is the latest one in transit...

Bit scratched but looks clear. Well used needs a clean. I'm hoping it has a Hanimex mount instead of a T-mount so I can also use it with my 200/4.5

Last edited by D1N0 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Don't ever sell a Takumar unless you have a better copy :p

Splendid lenses and excellent advice
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to that advice, this is probably the third time I've ended up (my telephotos arrived from Japan today Yaaaaay) with each of these lenses. (28, 50, 135, 150, 200mm)

For a while there I sold everything and ended up with some fancy Pentax DA* zoom's (16-50 & 50-135) and yes they were great, the size and weight had me missing these little primes.

And depth of field scales! Gord I missed them.

Anyway you all know that, you are the converted Wink

Learnt my lesson, I'll keep these for the will.

Last edited by tromboads on Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

must go and buy something! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Learnt my lesson, I'll keep these for the will.

Welcome back tromboads Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knudsen wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Congrats Whoo Turtle Congrats

Congrats on 28, 35, 120 and 200!

Nice set indeed. Check here (click twice on picture in Flickr) for the resolution of The Tak 35/3.5 (albeit my version is the 'Super'). You have to stop down a bit though:
SuperTak3535387 by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is your bedroom! Razz

Cheers RnR, And yes Teo! a reward for sure! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Micro-Nikkor 55MM f/3.5 PC Reply with quote

KEH purchase a few days ago. Received it late yesterday. KEH listed it as Excellent, but it appears to be far better condition than described. I have only taken a few test shots thus far with my Canon EOS T5, but they appear to be spot on.

Love these old Nikkor lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Micro-Nikkor 55MM f/3.5 PC Reply with quote

The_WB wrote:
KEH purchase a few days ago. Received it late yesterday. KEH listed it as Excellent, but it appears to be far better condition than described. I have only taken a few test shots thus far with my Canon EOS T5, but they appear to be spot on.

Love these old Nikkor lenses.

That’s a great lens indeed, and incredibly sharp.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same lens, and it see's a lot of use.

The old coatings sometimes have trouble with brilliant reds fringing towards the infinity mark, but it takes a fairly complicated lighting scenario to force the lens to do it.

Last of the flat field formula for this line, but a darn good one.

Enjoy your new lens.
I use mine quite a bit at MFD and hand-held, with an in-focus success rate of about 50/50..

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the 55MM Micro-Nikkor easier to focus on my Rebel T5 than my Sigma QX 135MM lens. I hope to get years of use out of this lens. The way it is built, I believe I will get my wish.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pretty mixed bag of lenses from the last few days:

First (at the very left) a Leitz Telyt 20cm1:4.5. It nicley complements my small collection of black Leica "tele" lenses from the 1930s.

Next is a Steinheil Auto-Culmigon 3.5/35mm which came with a very nice and working Praktica IVB.
The Culminon, however, has a strange defect - I can perfectly turn the focusing ring, but the lens system doesn't move out or in!
More interestingly, the front lens is turning when turning the focus ring, but the rear element is not - to me that looks like a "front
focusing lens" since the rear element obvioulsy is fixed. Does anyone know more about this lens??

Then there's anoter "crazy kat" - an Edixa 4.5-5.6/75-300mm "made in Japan" with a Minolta SR mount. Well made mechanically,
but nothing special when it comes to performance. What was it made for? I mean why to label it "Exakta" when it was made in Japan
for Minolta cameras ??

Next the Sigma "delta-III" 2.8-3.5/75-200mm. Nicely made as well (all metal), but optically disappointing, especially at the long end.
While the common OEM tele zooms from that time frame (eg Canon FD 4/80-200mm, Minolta MD 4/70-210mm or Nikkor AiS
4/80-200mm) are 1/2 to 1 f-stop slower, the OEM zooms are much better at f4 than the Sigma at f11 (f=200mm).

Finally two Minolta AF lenses - the classical 4-4.5/28-135mm and the later 2.8/28-75mm, made by Tamron according to Minolta
specifications. I have several MinAF 28-1355mm lenses, but this here is by far the nicest. Actually it looks as if it hadn't been used at
all - which seems possible since it was bought from a local photo store which is closing its doors after being 144 years in the business.
Probably "new old stock", I guess.

Now, how much was all this stuff ...? I let you guess Wink

S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Next is a Steinheil Auto-Culmigon 3.5/35mm which came with a very nice and working Praktica IVB.
The Culminon, however, has a strange defect - I can perfectly turn the focusing ring, but the lens system doesn't move out or in!
More interestingly, the front lens is turning when turning the focus ring, but the rear element is not - to me that looks like a "front
focusing lens" since the rear element obvioulsy is fixed. Does anyone know more about this lens??...

The recent Super-Macro-Takumar 1:4 / 50 arrived with a similar problem -- the focus ring grub screws were loose. Tightening those fixed it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:3.5 / 24

Repurchasing sold lenses. I used to really like this lens on Canon Rebel XT -- on 5D caused ERR so I sold it...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
stevemark wrote:
focusing lens" since the rear element obvioulsy is fixed. Does anyone know more about this lens??...

The recent Super-Macro-Takumar 1:4 / 50 arrived with a similar problem -- the focus ring grub screws were loose. Tightening those fixed it!

Thanks for the hint - but that's not the problem ...!
In fact, the front group is supposed to turn when focusing (as I have found in the meantime). And it even does focus,
but only in the range of about 25 to 20 cm (instead of "infinity" to 80 cm).

It seems there are two threads allowing to move the front group: One intended for focusing, the other one (secured by a tiny,
tiny screw) intended for "infinity" calibration.

Interestingly, the front groups moves only about 0.25mm when focusing from max distance to min distance (barely visible with
the naked eye). With a common 35mm lens you would expect at least 2mm. Thus I mistakenly was thinking that there's no movement at all!

Since the thread for infinity calibration is secured by an extremely small screw, and since the thread itself may be "glued" with
hardened grease, I have to soak both first with solvent before trying to re-calibrate "infinity". If I'll succeed, I'll post some images in the repair forum.

S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently added a couple of Carl Zeiss Jena Biotars - both only cine lenses one a 12.5mm f/2, the other a 25mm f/2.

I didn't not read the listing carefully when first spotting it, so it turns out they are in the rare Paxette mount rather than d-mount as originally expected. Rolling Eyes

DIY adapters for them are now just about usable on my Pentax Q (I think they need ~1mm of shimming for proper infinity focus)
When mounted they'll give 70mm & 140mm equivalent FOV (& only just cover the Q's tiny sensor).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
I've recently added a couple of Carl Zeiss Jena Biotars - both only cine lenses one a 12.5mm f/2, the other a 25mm f/2.

I didn't not read the listing carefully when first spotting it, so it turns out they are in the rare Paxette mount rather than d-mount as originally expected. Rolling Eyes

They should give quite good results for macro work when used with a reversing adapter and a bellows,also on larger sensors (APS-C or FF)!

S

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grabbed this at the flea market for $25 without looking at it too closely, just saw that it was a weird old 100/2 and that was good enough, didn't realize what i'd found til i got back to the car and had a real antiques roadshow moment

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaand for those that aren't sure what we're looking at?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Aaaaaaand for those that aren't sure what we're looking at?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpa-100mm-f2-Auto-Kinoptik-78313-/283834060215?_ul=IN

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
grabbed this at the flea market for $25 without looking at it too closely, just saw that it was a weird old 100/2 and that was good enough, didn't realize what i'd found til i got back to the car and had a real antiques roadshow moment

Ha, Incredible!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
DConvert wrote:

They should give quite good results for macro work when used with a reversing adapter and a bellows,also on larger sensors (APS-C or FF)!

S

Good Idea Steve, I'll have to give that a go too!

I think they might take 28mm filters in which case I have a spare stepping ring somewhere that was mis described (38-37 not 30-37) which should enable me to mount them via helicoids/bellows...
Thank you!