Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

... and lastly the Auto Rokkor PF 100 / 2...

Cool! Some time after I was able to find the Auto Rokkor 2/100mm shown below, there was a unrecognizable strange lens in a lot of Minolta gear. I suspected it to be the 2/100mm, but wasn't sure - so I contacted the seller and hat a look at it. Sure enough it was the MC 2/100mm! However, somebody else did have a personal look at the set as well, we ended up bidding and bidding - and finally I gave up. Coincidentally, just a few days later, I was contacted by someone who often had been using my website when buying/selling stuff, and he offered me a like-new MC 2/100 with caps, shade, box, manual, original Minolta guarantee, and other docs. To be honest - I was lucky not ho have won the first auction!

[/quote]

Nice! My MC 100/2 has the older orange/amber coating... but the lens looks so much better with the green multicoat! It's the first time I've seen them side-by-side. We can all imagine the price Kevin's Cameras would put for such a pristine set lol. Very, very lucky, but well-earned I might add. Happy Dog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a whim today, we visited an antique shop kind of out in the country (mostly just for the drive out there) at which i have never berfore found anything good, and had some incredible fortune:

really almost didn't believe it when i saw it! i have (as i am sure many of us now do) something like 30-40 various SLR bodies from collecting their lenses for digital use, but this is somehow my first rangefinder - seems to be in good working order, if i can work out the battery situation i may well put a roll of film thru it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to buying lenses again.
I won a very nice Auto Miranda 200mm f3.5 lens with original caps and case. I'm hoping this is an Auto Convertible lens. We shall see.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
on a whim today, we visited an antique shop kind of out in the country (mostly just for the drive out there) at which i have never berfore found anything good, and had some incredible fortune:

really almost didn't believe it when i saw it! i have (as i am sure many of us now do) something like 30-40 various SLR bodies from collecting their lenses for digital use, but this is somehow my first rangefinder - seems to be in good working order, if i can work out the battery situation i may well put a roll of film thru it.

Very nice find, now if the lens is free from haze (a dobulet behind the aperture gets often hazy on these and basically impossible to clean) then it s a great find!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Very nice find, now if the lens is free from haze (a dobulet behind the aperture gets often hazy on these and basically impossible to clean) then it s a great find!

the aperture is a little stiff, but the focus ring is fine and the glass seems clear to me!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
tomasg wrote:

the aperture is a little stiff, but the focus ring is fine and the glass seems clear to me!

That s great. Mine had a stiff aperture ring too, it s really easy to fix "regrease" that on this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I won a very nice Auto Miranda 200mm f3.5 lens with original caps and case. I'm hoping this is an Auto Convertible lens. We shall see.

Got it today and it is the Auto Convertible version. Very happy.
This lens also has a built in lens hood.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
walter g wrote:

Congrats. By they way, what is Auto Convertible? Can you please share a photo or a link to a photo? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:

Impressive! Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
walter g wrote:
walter g wrote:

Congrats. By they way, what is Auto Convertible? Can you please share a photo or a link to a photo? Thanks.

Thanks,
I will do a separate thread on it. It's an Auto Miranda Bayonet lens that has a removable arm held on by 2 screws. This lens does have click stops.
So depending on what Miranda film camera you use it on, is whether you leave the arm on or take it off.

Miranda has no official name for this lens. In a discussion over on Miranda FB group, Richard came up with the name Auto Convertible, which seems fitting for this style of lens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of a beater:

-D.S.

Last edited by Doc Sharptail on Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
I hope that it turns out to be a good copy.
I am interested in buying a 500mm lens and I was looking at
a Tamron lens recently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tamron CAT lens is an excellent lens, esy to use, snappy focus, high contrast and sharpness!

Some images of mine (flickr albums)...

Tamron 8/500mm:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157705807167585

Tamron 5.6/350mm:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157706177592215

Tamron SP f8/500mm vs Rubinar f8/500mm:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157705840581565

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your find. The tamron mirrors are easy to clean Doc:
-Take off the tripod mount and the ring it mounts on (3 screws).
- Loosen the distance scale ring (5 small grub screws, use a bit of acetone/MEK to soften thread locker, care).
- You can now move the distance scale ring down and focus to close focus, exposing the focus stop - a small square plate held on by two screws. Note the screw placements. Acetone again to soften thread locker. JIS #1 screwdriver.
-Unscrew the helicoid until it separates NB MARK the point it separates. I now use some card around the oily thread and in the front end to stop getting grease on hands, wipes etc.
- clean and reassemble. Note the mirror is back silvered - rub with confidence!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I note with interest Klaus' comparison with the similar Rubinar.
IQ seems a little tighter on most of the Tamron shots.
Different renderings though.

The lens came with nothing, other than the sunshade hood.
There are no filters in it at all.
I am hoping I won't have to find a rear filter for it.
I am going to shoot it after I clean it.
Still just shooting film for now. There is probably a dslr in my future.
At present I'm having a lot of enjoyment shooting with things I could only dream of owning way back when...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
Thanks guys!

I note with interest Klaus' comparison with the similar Rubinar.
IQ seems a little tighter on most of the Tamron shots.
Different renderings though.

The lens came with nothing, other than the sunshade hood.
There are no filters in it at all.
I am hoping I won't have to find a rear filter for it.
I am going to shoot it after I clean it.
Still just shooting film for now. There is probably a dslr in my future.
At present I'm having a lot of enjoyment shooting with things I could only dream of owning way back when...

-D.S.

Note there are two different optics versions of this lens. Yours is http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/55B.html

The later version is http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/55BB.html

Good to keep in mind when looking at galleries. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe it is the BB version....
Kind of hard to tell since both lenses are marked BBAR.
Is the tripod collar the discernible difference?

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
... I do believe it is the BB version....
Kind of hard to tell since both lenses are marked BBAR.
Is the tripod collar the discernible difference?

-D.S.

From http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/55BB.html
Quote:
model 55BB also discards the earlier model's detachable tripod mount and the set of four filters for B&W photography. The later model 55BB is also readily distinguished from the original model by its diamond knurled rubber focus grip and the lack of the locking screw used on the earlier model 55B's built-in rotating tripod mount ring. Thus this lens does not feature any built-in tripod mount whereas the original lens featured a detachable tripod mount.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the 55B http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/55B.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
The Tamron CAT lens is an excellent lens, esy to use, snappy focus, high contrast and sharpness!

Some images of mine (flickr albums)...

Tamron 8/500mm:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157705807167585

Tamron 5.6/350mm:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157706177592215

Tamron SP f8/500mm vs Rubinar f8/500mm:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157705840581565

Not FF camera iirc. Which version is lens? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
It's the 55B http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/55B.html

O.K., thanks ~ got it! Mr. Green I can be pretty dense at times, duh Rolling Eyes

Apparently this lens had sat in less than clean storage for quite a while with no front cap on it.
The Zeiss wipes came off pretty grunged up.
I can't believe how long I've gone without a hurricane blower.
The focusing screens and mirrors on both F-2's are spotless now.
Hoping for some sunshine weather tomorrow.
I'd like to run a dozen frames through this lens, at least.
It seems obvious to me that I'm not going to be able to do much hand held work with it, unless there is full brilliant sun daylight.
For those here that have put some time in with this lens and film, what focusing screen works well?
I hate the "K" screen with it already. Will try with the "B" type tomorrow.
If worse comes to worst, I can try with an "E" type, but I think I'll need a magnifier for that one...

-D.S.