Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Processing of C-41 has to be sent away and can take a month Sad
To the US? To China? To good ol Europe??
Wow, that's amazing! And embarrassing, too ...

Oldhand wrote:

I will post some reactions when complete
Tom

Thanks Wink ... maybe I'll have my own Lynx before your film returns from the moon (or wherever it is processed ...) Laugh 1

Anyway, I got a few cheap 300mm lenses recently, and they need to be looked at:

On the left a Soligor (Tokina made?) 5.5/300mm, then an early Admiral 5.5/300mm, then a Vivitar (Tokina made) 5.6/300mm and finally on th right a Revuenon 5.6/300mm. Does anyone recognize the Revuenon and its maker?

It'll be interesting to see how these lenses compare to my best 5.6/300m vintage lenses, namely the Canon FL 5.6/300mm Fluorite and the Mamiya Sekor C 5.6/300mm. Also interesting to compare them to established lenses such as the FD 5.6/300mm, the nFD 5.6/300mm IF, and the Minolta MD 5.6/300mm. And not to forget well known tele zooms such as the Tamron SP 60-300mm or the Canon nFD 100-300mm L ...

Ouch, lots of work Wink

S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Processing of C-41 has to be sent away and can take a month Sad
To the US? To China? To good ol Europe??
Wow, that's amazing! And embarrassing, too ...

Oldhand wrote:

I will post some reactions when complete
Tom

Thanks Wink ... maybe I'll have my own Lynx before your film returns from the moon (or wherever it is processed ...) Laugh 1

S

Well, it is a fact of life when one lives in a country town with no photo lab.
An agency collects C-41 film and it is sent off for processing when there are sufficient numbers to make the courier costs worthwhile.
In the meantime I process the monochrome film that is shot in our area and it has a turnaround of less than a week.
There isn't a huge volume of film shot hereabouts.
Perhaps you will have results before me.
I look forward to seeing yours.
Happy snaps
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking about getting a komura 24mm and couldn't remember if i already had a komura wide lens, went to look thru my stuff (i must have been thinking about the komura 35-70mm zoom) and found an an RMC Tokina 24mm f/2.8 that i have no memory of whatsoever Laugh 1

must have come in lot with other stuff, and i didn't notice it was 24mm? it's PK mount, fairly sure i never tried shooting with it before, seems quite good with a proper hood on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
. Does anyone recognize the Revuenon and its maker?

Also Tokina. Similar chrome ring with red dot as the 24/28mm 2.8 rmc tokina's aperture ring also looks very similar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Well, it is a fact of life when one lives in a country town with no photo lab.
An agency collects C-41 film and it is sent off for processing when there are sufficient numbers to make the courier costs worthwhile.

Here in Switzerland we used to send the color films directly to one of the large processing labs. And that's still possible - which means one day sending it, 1-3 days for processing, and one day for returning it by post.

Oldhand wrote:
Perhaps you will have results before me.
I look forward to seeing yours.
Happy snaps
Tom

I'm not sure if I want to buy he Lynx-14. Its battery cap is missing, and the price insn't a steal. In addition I love looking at these rangefinders, but I prefer to actually use (D)SLRs. And currently too many people are hiding behind masks, there are no tourists, no concerts, no nuttin ... everything that would encourage you to use a rangefinder is banned. Quite boring indeed Wink

S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOI Sirius 50mm/1.8, 1935, first attempt of soviet industry to make their "own" cinema lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
GOI Sirius 50mm/1.8, 1935, first attempt of soviet industry to make their "own" cinema lenses.

I like the name Sirius Like 1 small Like 1 Friends

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ver nice that SIRIUS lens!

Just bought an Amplifier for my STAX Earphones named "SIRIUS" Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up one of these for my Fuji:

The word's pretty much out on this one: not super sharp (but okay) with lots of purple CA with the aperture wide open, but otherwise very, very good.

It's excellent for black-and-white especially.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

The word's pretty much out on this one: not super sharp (but okay) with lots of purple CA with the aperture wide open, but otherwise very, very good.

Looks nice. From the front, I had thought it was a Russian lens. Smile

Looking foward to some sample photos.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Looks nice. From the front, I had thought it was a Russian lens. Smile

Looking foward to some sample photos.

Yes, I should post some samples from it. I'll put that on my list.

The construction quality is quite good, including the focus and the aperture, which has stops, but very light stops. You can see the two little knobs on the aperture ring, which is a defining characteristic of this lens. I don't find them necessary, but they seem to work well.

It doesn't look so Russian from the side.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

I wonder what's the image difference between the 50mm ttartisan 1.2 and 7artisan 1.1 because the price difference is huge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've missed a few bargains in the last few weeks, a Black OM1n +50 / 1.8 for £20 and a Gitzo tripod and ball head for £25 that I was too slow and lost, but this little stash makes up for it.
Two blurred pictures of the lenses with their Minolta caps on, and the description said " 4 camera lens. 49 35 100. £50" I took a gamble they were all Minolta's. recognised the Beercan, which I wanted, and after studying the least crappy picture thought the 100 might be the f2. The other two lenses were impossible to identify. So I bought them.

Today the mystery lenses arrived, and I'm a happy man!

There was a MD 50 1.7, so that's five I've got now! The MD Macro 70-210 / 4 has it's hood. Then there was a W. Rokkor QE 35 / 4 with caps and case and lastly the Auto Rokkor PF 100 / 2. All the lenses are perfect ( well 'good enough' at least Rolling Eyes ) with all original caps.
I've done a quick walkabout with them, and the 100 / 2 is stunning, the 35 / 4 is surprisingly good and the Beercan is as good as it's reputation ( I already have the AF ) The 50 / 1.7 is as good as it gets for a kit lens.

Last edited by Lloydy on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

... and lastly the Auto Rokkor PF 100 / 2...

Cool! Some time after I was able to find the Auto Rokkor 2/100mm shown below, there was a unrecognizable strange lens in a lot of Minolta gear. I suspected it to be the 2/100mm, but wasn't sure - so I contacted the seller and hat a look at it. Sure enough it was the MC 2/100mm! However, somebody else did have a personal look at the set as well, we ended up bidding and bidding - and finally I gave up. Coincidentally, just a few days later, I was contacted by someone who often had been using my website when buying/selling stuff, and he offered me a like-new MC 2/100 with caps, shade, box, manual, original Minolta guarantee, and other docs. To be honest - I was lucky not ho have won the first auction!

Lloydy wrote:
All the lenses are perfect, all original caps.

It seems the English definition of "perfect" is not exactly the same as the Swiss definition of "perfekt" Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
and the 100 / 2 is stunning

Delicious... Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
I wonder what's the image difference between the 50mm ttartisan 1.2 and 7artisan 1.1 because the price difference is huge

No idea, but they're clearly quite different based on externals. I've never had a 7Artisans lens. I also have no idea what connection there may be, if any, between 7Artisans and TTArtisan.

All I know is that DJ-Optical spins his beats for TTArtisan. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received a mint Elmar 135/4..so excited in trying it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
kiddo wrote:

No idea, but they're clearly quite different based on externals. I've never had a 7Artisans lens. I also have no idea what connection there may be, if any, between 7Artisans and TTArtisan.

All I know is that DJ-Optical spins his beats for TTArtisan. Wink

1.2 covers APS-C; 1.1 covers FF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil deep set Macro-Cassar 2.8/50mm, made for use on a bellows, allows up to infinity shots.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor Ai-S 3.5/20mm, a nice complementary lens to the recently found Konica AR 2.8/21mm. Both lenses are among the smallest retrofocus superwides I know. Only the Olympus Zuiko 3.5/21mm is even smaller - however the useable part of its image circle corresponds more to the angle of view of a 24mm lens (and I'm not pixelpeeping here).

The Nikkor seems to be pretty good, probably slightly better than the Konica AR 2.8/21mm.

Over the weekend I may run a small comparison with the three lenses mentioned above.

S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I took delivery of a Meyer-Optik 100mm 2.8 Orestor. This one is in Exakta mount. A lot more "testing" to be done, but first impression: WOW! On M4/3 it appears to be pretty much sharp wide open at 2.8 with purple fringing. One stop down at 4.0 the purple fringing is gone it looks very sharp.

I am really happy with this one Smile

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrin wrote:
Today I received a mint Elmar 135/4..so excited in trying it!

Like 1 small

Great lens. I liked mine so much I bought a second when I found it at a good price.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Piesker/Voss 35mm F/2.8, said to be perhaps the second retrofocus wideangle after the Anginieux lens, I don't know for sure. Also, a Minolta 'E' adapter, these seem to be selling for around the same price as I paid for the lens and adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

A Piesker/Voss 35mm F/2.8, said to be perhaps the second retrofocus wideangle after the Anginieux lens, I don't know for sure. Also, a Minolta 'E' adapter, these seem to be selling for around the same price as I paid for the lens and adapter.

This is one of the lens i am looking for. Congrats

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Nikkor Ai-S 3.5/20mm, a nice complementary lens to the recently found Konica AR 2.8/21mm. Both lenses are among the smallest retrofocus superwides I know. Only the Olympus Zuiko 3.5/21mm is even smaller - however the useable part of its image circle corresponds more to the angle of view of a 24mm lens (and I'm not pixelpeeping here).

The Nikkor seems to be pretty good, probably slightly better than the Konica AR 2.8/21mm.

Over the weekend I may run a small comparison with the three lenses mentioned above.

S

You will probably find that the nikkor behaves best when the sun is dominant in your back ground.
I have a 28 f 3.5 that is fantastic in this respect....

-D.S.