Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 50/1,4.

For free.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Another bargain from Japan (especially because I got it under 22 euros so didn't have to pay vat and handling costs). It had a seemingly scratched front element, but that came right of with some cleaning fluid.
Tamron SP 24-48mm 1:3.5-3.8.
Tamron SP 24-48mm 1:3.5-3.8 Model 13A by The lens profile, on Flickr

Tamron SP 24-48mm 1:3.5-3.8 Model 13A by The lens profile, on Flickr

seller pic with "scratches"

Please, tell us more about edge and corner sharpness if you test it on full frame. I have an eye on this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 35 70 F4 Reply with quote

Just bought but not received yet canon FD 35 70 F4 lens. Hope it does not suffer from rotten bushings. I have red little about it but it seems good. If successful I might have a very cheap quality set along with the 70 150 F4,5 that is really nice.

I am very much into inconspicuous glass. And my pocket also.

Last edited by lumens pixel on Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

Please, tell us more about edge and corner sharpness if you test it on full frame. I have an eye on this lens.

Will do though I have no houses on hills to offer.

Meanwhile I thought I had sniped a Takumar 58/2,4 On buyee/yahoo japan. But the seller pulled to offering last minute and relisted it with a much higher minimum price.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:

Meanwhile I thought I had sniped a Takumar 58/2,4 On buyee/yahoo japan. But the seller pulled to offering last minute and relisted it with a much higher minimum price.....

That sucks, I didn't know a seller could do that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:

Apparently... I can hardly complain about it since I can't register for yahoo Japan and Buyee is just a intermediary. It had Early finish, but that's just for selling it to the highest bidder at that point. I think the seller was hoping for a bidding war, but too few people went for it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:

Apparently... I can hardly complain about it since I can't register for yahoo Japan and Buyee is just a intermediary. It had Early finish, but that's just for selling it to the highest bidder at that point. I think the seller was hoping for a bidding war, but too few people went for it.

Ebay sellers have been known for this. It has happened to me. As a seller I did that once after listing too low starting bid. Later after more experiences I realized all the biding action for sought-after items occurs in the last minute, the last 5 seconds by the bidder bots. I relisted with higher bid, item sold for less than highest bid on the cancelled listing...

Same thing here, your sniping bid was probably competing with others, there is n way to know you had highest bid among them.

Anyway, I sense a 1:2 58mm Sonnar Takumar in your future. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

I got this lens this summer and I wasn't super convinced by edge/corner sharpness on APS-C. I should post some pics here... Maybe my expectations are wrong, so I'd be interested to be able to compare with somebody else's one Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leitz Wetzlar Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60mm + Macro-Adaptor-R from 1976

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

Here you are - the Tamron SP 3.5-3.8/24-48mm compared to the Canon nFD 3.5/20-35mm:

CLICK TWICE TO GET FULL RESOLUTION!

100% crops from the corners of the 24MP FF Sony A7II, as usual.

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

? Once is sufficient? (And if you have touchscreen?) Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
your sniping bid was probably competing with others, there is n way to know you had highest bid among them.

I was the only sniper. On Buyee sniping is pretty useless. I just did it because I wasn't expecting to be home. If someone bids in the last five minutes most auctions are automatically extended another five. I could have still been outbid of course but it looked like nobody was feeling like it. I don't know about the Sonnar. More watchers and already the bidding has started.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
your sniping bid was probably competing with others, there is n way to know you had highest bid among them.

I was the only sniper. On Buyee sniping is pretty useless. I just did it because I wasn't expecting to be home. If someone bids in the last five minutes most auctions are automatically extended another five. I could have still been outbid of course but it looked like nobody was feeling like it. I don't know about the Sonnar. More watchers and already the bidding has started.

Thanks, good to know it's not like ebay, where the end time stops the auction regardless of last moment bids...

Takumar 1:2 f=58mm is Sonnar optical configuration! (So is Takumar 1:1.9 f=83mm, both Asahiflex and M42 models)

Last edited by visualopsins on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the widest slr sonnar ever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor ai 135mm f/2.8 coming my way!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Nikkor ai 135mm f/2.8 coming my way!

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="visualopsins"]
stevemark wrote:

Thank you Stephan, quite interesting. This tamron seems to be a very good lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edixa Schacht Travelon 50mm 1.8 (M42)
Chiyoko P-Rokkor 75mm 2.5 (from Minolta miniprojector)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Edixa Schacht Travelon 50mm 1.8 (M42)
Chiyoko P-Rokkor 75mm 2.5 (from Minolta miniprojector)

Congrats! The Travelon IMHO is an excellent lens of its time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
stevemark wrote:

Using my laptop (Lenovo) and Firefox browser, the first click opens the image in a new window (still reduced size). A second click shows the image at full size. May be different with other systems, of course.

S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lumens pixel"]
visualopsins wrote:
stevemark wrote:

Thank you Stephan, quite interesting. This tamron seems to be a very good lens.

I've nevere been really using that lens, apart from some tests. Primes are considerably better (and faster), and if I want a vintage wideangle zoom I go for the Canon nFD 3.5/20-35mm L: I prefer the 20-35mm range over the 24-50mm offered by the Tamron or the Minolta 4/24-50mm (another good vintage wideagle zoom). But yes, the Tamron basically has the same performance as the Canon 3.5/20-35mm L or the Minolta MD 4/24-50mm. There's also a Pentax SMC Takumar 4/24-50mm here which I have checekd only superficially. And the Minolta 3.5/24-35mm which is really small ... and surprisingly good as well (compared to the Canon 3.5/24-35mm L).

S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
stevemark wrote:

Using my laptop (Lenovo) and Firefox browser, the first click opens the image in a new window (still reduced size). A second click shows the image at full size. May be different with other systems, of course.

S

Thank you! I didn't know about the second click! Works in Chrome too...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil Quinon 55mm 1.9, aperture stuck wide open.
Retina Xenon 50mm 1.9, just beautiful

Olympus XA
Fujica AZ-1 with Fujinon 43-75mm.

And a strange Schneider Kreuznach Procolar 135mm 2.8
Apparently made for Kodak projectors. Unusually large size.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahi Super-Multi-Coated 1:4/150 at below bargain bin price because it had "haze on the inner elements", shown with a photo. I can't see the haze unless shining light onto rear of lens, and then only in certain orientation, very very faint. The plan to disassemble and clean has been put on hold because otherwise the lens seems to be in unused condition!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Asahi Super-Multi-Coated 1:4/150 at below bargain bin price because it had "haze on the inner elements", shown with a photo. I can't see the haze unless shining light onto rear of lens, and then only in certain orientation, very very faint. The plan to disassemble and clean has been put on hold because otherwise the lens seems to be in unused condition!

Such a lovely lens, congratulations!