Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryreid wrote:
This week has brought a Contax Makro-Planar 60/2.8 C, Yashica ML 24/2.8 & Yashica ML 28-50/3.5...

Not a bad week, huh? Wink

After having found a like-new Mamiya Sekor C 4.5/105-210mm (a real beast, at 1.2 kg and with 77mm filter!) yesterday a Canon set arrived: A-1, nFD 1.8/50mm, nFD 4/70-210mm and - last but not least - nFD 2/24mm. Everything perfectly "like new". And at CHF 141.-- not even that expensive ...

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This... my dream lens...

Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model Voigtlander is that?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:

Laugh 1

Congrats

The most sought after 50s in the FD line.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiyoko 5cm f/2 + Chiyoko 8.5cm f/2.8 + Chiyoko 13.5cm f/4 Wink
Currently looking for the 3.5cm, anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the 55/3.5 Micro. Its the first time i see a lens in this condition. Its like new EXCEPT the filter ring is slightly bent. I dont count the dust.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahblack wrote:
This... my dream lens...

Tuzki with lens

If that's what I think it is, I'm buying one of those cameras on Saturday. Forgot to check the lens on it, though, but I doubt I could go wrong with any of them on that system.

@cooltouch, I believe that's a Voigtlander Prominent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found a lovely trio of Topcon / Topcor RE lenses:

RE 28mm 1:2.8
RE 58mm 1:3.5 Macro
RE 200mm 1:5.6

They're a perfect match to those RE Topcors i aldready had:

RE 20mm 1:4
RE 58mm 1:1.4 and 1:1.8
RE 100mm 1:2.8
RE 135mm 1:3.5

Now only the 300mm 1:2.8 is missing ... Rolling Eyes ... and the 35mm, and the 25mm ... Smile

I haven't yet got them, but will post my own images of the entire group as soon as they've arrived!

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Trioplan 100mm yesterday, got a good local deal and couldn't resist. m42 version this time, almost mint... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ahblack

Looks like we both got the same thing!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post here, so hello everyone. I am very new to manual lenses so have not got many as yet. I realised the possibilities of old manual lenses, but then realised my Nikon DSLR wasn't going to help much because of the register length so I bought a second hand Olympus OM-D E-M5 mark 1 as a second body which gives me more options for lenses and as a bonus is more portable.

Lenses I have bought so far are a Zeiss Pancolar mc auto 1.8/50, MOG Domiplan 50 2.8 (already sold, but it did 'bubbles' really well) a soviet made Triplet 5 projector lens, 100 2.8 (a cooke triplet fairly obviously), adapted with a m42 to micro 4/3 helicoid, step up ring and anamorphic lens mount adapter, a Schneider Kreuznach Retina Curtagon 28 4, MOG Trioplan 100 2.8 and just today I got the one I'm most excited about so far. A made for Alpa Kilfitt Makro Kilar 90 2.8, with original case and both caps. Only problem is with the case, in that the chicago screw for the flap closure has disappeared at some point in its life. But that should be fairly easy to repair with a close, modern match, replacement screw. Looking forward to trying it as soon as the adapter I have on order arrives. I can't say any of them have been superb bargains, but both the MOG trioplan 100 and the kilfitt I got for better than average prices so I'm very happy with them.

EDIT: if anyone could advise on how to upload photos on here I'd be grateful, I've tried a few different ways but none worked as you can see. If I'm missing a 'sticky' somewhere then someone please post a link.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi skir67

Welcome to the forum! You can't post images or links in your first post - an anti-spam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 I spent half an hour trying to work out what on earth I was doing wrong! Thanks for the image work and the 'heads up' on the post/spam thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Just found a lovely trio of Topcon / Topcor RE lenses:

RE 28mm 1:2.8
RE 58mm 1:3.5 Macro
RE 200mm 1:5.6

They're a perfect match to those RE Topcors i aldready had:

RE 20mm 1:4
RE 58mm 1:1.4 and 1:1.8
RE 100mm 1:2.8
RE 135mm 1:3.5

Now only the 300mm 1:2.8 is missing ... Rolling Eyes ... and the 35mm, and the 25mm ... Smile

I haven't yet got them, but will post my own images of the entire group as soon as they've arrived!

Stephan

The 35mm is my favorite of the bunch....

And that 28mm lens hood is as rare as ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Topcon Topcor collection Like 1 small
I just added a Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 SL-II to my collection which from my knowledge is related to the Topcor 58/1.4 in design!
Can't wait to try it out later today!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:

And that 28mm lens hood is as rare as ...

Oh, i didn't know that Wink

It simply was included Wink

Stephan

EDIT: here's the whole bunch ... :

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

EDIT: here's the whole bunch ... :

Shocked

Congrats with that find!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberFlubber wrote:
@ahblack

Looks like we both got the same thing!

Yup! But mine is the earliest, no hotshoe slot. I just wanted the lens hehehe... It looks super badass when mounted on my a7ii with the adapter!

It performs amazing on digital. Check out my Flickr album if you're interested!
https://flic.kr/s/aHskAQDffQ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahblack wrote:

Yup! But mine is the earliest, no hotshoe slot. I just wanted the lens hehehe... It looks super badass when mounted on my a7ii with the adapter!

It performs amazing on digital. Check out my Flickr album if you're interested!
https://flic.kr/s/aHskAQDffQ

The hot shoe on mine isn't actually a hotshoe, it's a coldshoe, nor is it supposed to be there. I believe it was added by the previous owner, as it's not a Prominent II. And that lens definitely does look really badass on your camera, and those shots are great!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberFlubber wrote:
The hot shoe on mine isn't actually a hotshoe, it's a coldshoe, nor is it supposed to be there. I believe it was added by the previous owner, as it's not a Prominent II. And that lens definitely does look really badass on your camera, and those shots are great!

Yup silly me, a cold shoes. Prominent I does has 2 version, one which the cold shoes slot (later) and one without (earlier). Prominent II can be identified very easily, it shows on the top plate.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday brought in a nice copy of 35mm f2.8 Vivitar "Wide Angle" preset, T2 mount with m42 adapter. A little surprised to have found this lens prior to acquiring the 35mm f3.5, but you buy 'em (if you're able) when you see 'em.

Here are photos of the lens:

Cost was south of US$25, so very pleased.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

160/10 Boyer Beryl prototype. In barrel without diaphragm and the cells don't fit a standard shutter. Might screw into threaded bushings that fit a #1 Compur/Copal. To be determined by the machine shop.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax f3.5 28mm
[url=https://flic.kr/p/JCgCYc]
SMC Pentax f3.5 28mm[/url] by andreas, on Flickr

Minolta MC Rokkor-PF f1.4 58mm
[url=https://flic.kr/p/HKA4sb]
Minolta MC Rokkor-PF f1.4 58mm[/url] by andreas, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Canon fd 28-85mm f4. Bought it as a walk around lens for my Sony A7.
Surprised how good it is, bit soft wide open but sharp edge to edge at f8, which is how i'll be using it 99% of the time.
Very happy.