Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@stevemark

https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/s46.html


PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Mir wrote:
1964 Canon 1.4/50
I've completed my Canon RF lenses collection...
thanks to luisalegria for starting my Canon RF craze... Rolling Eyes


I guess you mean the Canon lenses for the original R bayonet mount (later transformed in to FL and FD/nFD mounts)?
However i can't find a Canon R 1.4/50mm, only the R 1.8/50mm and the R 1.2/58mm ...
Are you talking about the FL 1.4/50mm?

S


RF may mean rangefinder as seen here:
https://www.canonrangefinder.org/Canon_50mm.htm


PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly !!

And if I'm not mistaken, they were originally designated as Canon S lenses....


PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
I have a new lens.
The Canon nFD 3.5 28-50mm.
Similar to the FD 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 S.S.C.
Seems to be in good shape.


I've got is as well as the FD 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 S.S.C. Both are excellent lenses, but one has to watch out for the "rotten roller bearing" problem (there are 9 of them, 6 for the zoom cams, and 3 for the focusing ring). I've replaced them on both of my 28-50 and 35-70 mm lenses and since then, they've been near perfect in terms of resolution and contrast.

Volker


PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1


My latest buy


PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a used 7Artisans 35mm F2.0 M mount, it looks sharp at wide open when I focus at MFD. Laugh 1


PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
#1

I just received this early Sigma preset 135/2.5, seen here with the other early (rebadged) Sigma lenses I have managed to find elsewhere, all showing something of a family resemblence with the Orange/White aperture and focus scales.


Beautiful lens family. I think they are pretty rare. Did you get it at local store or online?


PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:
#1

I just received this early Sigma preset 135/2.5, seen here with the other early (rebadged) Sigma lenses I have managed to find elsewhere, all showing something of a family resemblence with the Orange/White aperture and focus scales.


Beautiful lens family. I think they are pretty rare. Did you get it at local store or online?


They were all from ebay, sometimes I'll search for something with no result, then ebay will show a bunch of stuff it thinks I'd like, sometimes quite accurately. The Sigma just popped up one day like that. The others were collected over an 18 month period by just randomly noticing the Sigma style serial number on old preset lenses. The Sears 135 I looked for after getting the 35mm, I though there must be at least another popular focal length sold at the same time.

I also noticed an early Sigma lens sold as one version of the Taika Color Doryt, but haven't run across one yet:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-taika-color-doryt-135mm-3-1729016581


PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji Photo Film Co. 135mm EBC Fujinon T f/2.5.



Initial results are excellent. This baby's reputation is well-deserved.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get my hands on the following
I know its not MF but really love the Minolta beercan style lenses and have a small collection, and the 24mm with all the other stuff was £40 posted


Really looking forward to it arriving
#1


#2


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on that AF 2.8/24, I would love one of those for my a850. I have the 2.8/28 and that is a stunning lens.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Congrats on that AF 2.8/24, I would love one of those for my a850. I have the 2.8/28 and that is a stunning lens.


Thanks Ian

TBF i am now getting my bargains from other sites as Ebay has crazy prices at first i almost passed up the add as it looked like a 50mm and i have 2 of them.
but then spotted the 24mm, also interested to see what the converter is on the table.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So:
- Canon nFD 50/1.4 - lovely all-around lens
- Tokina RMC 135/2.8 - I quickly did a couple test shots, it looks like a damn fine gem


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1


Minolta XE-1 with the great Kuribayashi Petri Orikkor C.C. 2.0/50mm


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:
#1

I just received this early Sigma preset 135/2.5, seen here with the other early (rebadged) Sigma lenses I have managed to find elsewhere, all showing something of a family resemblence with the Orange/White aperture and focus scales.


Beautiful lens family. I think they are pretty rare. Did you get it at local store or online?


They were all from ebay, sometimes I'll search for something with no result, then ebay will show a bunch of stuff it thinks I'd like, sometimes quite accurately. The Sigma just popped up one day like that. The others were collected over an 18 month period by just randomly noticing the Sigma style serial number on old preset lenses. The Sears 135 I looked for after getting the 35mm, I though there must be at least another popular focal length sold at the same time.

I also noticed an early Sigma lens sold as one version of the Taika Color Doryt, but haven't run across one yet:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-taika-color-doryt-135mm-3-1729016581


Interesting. Thanks. I have the notification of "sears" turned on in my ebay app but never saw those lenses.

Also, I thought Taika is old Tamron? But that greek letter "sigma" indicates it is a Sigma. The lens also looks like Tele Vivitar 135mm


Last edited by vivaldibow on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Being essentially the regular man's portrait lens Tamron probably optimized it for closer distances. I've not used it much yet bet these shots look pretty decent.

Foggy Bokeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

Crocus Time by The lens profile, on Flickr


Yes I think your right much better close up I've got decent results so far although I do find the lens rather heavy but nice to use. Tamron 135mm F3.5 Adapt-a-Matic


[/list]


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alsatian2017 wrote:
uddhava wrote:
I have a new lens.
The Canon nFD 3.5 28-50mm.
Similar to the FD 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 S.S.C.
Seems to be in good shape.


I've got is as well as the FD 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 S.S.C. Both are excellent lenses, but one has to watch out for the "rotten roller bearing" problem (there are 9 of them, 6 for the zoom cams, and 3 for the focusing ring). I've replaced them on both of my 28-50 and 35-70 mm lenses and since then, they've been near perfect in terms of resolution and contrast.

Volker


Volker,

I am very interested in a tutorial explaining how to replace the roller bearings. Text and image or, even better, video. If you already found one on the web or can explain a step by step method it would be immensely helpful.

Best.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lumens pixel"][quote="Alsatian2017"][quote="uddhava"]I have a new lens.
The Canon nFD 3.5 28-50mm.
Similar to the FD 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 S.S.C.
Seems to be in good shape.[/quote]

I've got is as well as the FD 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 S.S.C. Both are excellent lenses, but one has to watch out for the "rotten roller bearing" problem (there are 9 of them, 6 for the zoom cams, and 3 for the focusing ring). I've replaced them on both of my 28-50 and 35-70 mm lenses and since then, they've been near perfect in terms of resolution and contrast.

Volker[/quote]

Volker,

I am very interested in a tutorial explaining how to replace the roller bearings. Text and image or, even better, video. If you already found one on the web or can explain a step by step method it would be immensely helpful.

Best.[/quote]

Would be interested as well.
I am also wondering does the lens only go into macro mode at 28mm?
Thank you.


PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios 44M-5 and Helios 44M-6

DSC00270 by Mr TTT, on Flickr


PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REPROGON-4 7/55mm high resolution lens for aerial images reproduction, with flip in red filter.
Designed by ROOSINOV, a symmetrical 12e/6g design


#1


#2


#3


PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
REPROGON-4 7/55mm high resolution lens for aerial images reproduction, with flip in red filter.
Designed by ROOSINOV, a symmetrical 12e/6g design


Any chances that you might write something about the construction of the lens? A lens section maybe, or a related patent ...?

I'm aware of Marco Cavina's sites on various Roosinov and other Russian designs, but I don't remember having read about this one (maybe i just forgot, though ...)

Thank you!

Stephan


PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kds315* wrote:
REPROGON-4 7/55mm high resolution lens for aerial images reproduction, with flip in red filter.
Designed by ROOSINOV, a symmetrical 12e/6g design


Any chances that you might write something about the construction of the lens? A lens section maybe, or a related patent ...?

I'm aware of Marco Cavina's sites on various Roosinov and other Russian designs, but I don't remember having read about this one (maybe i just forgot, though ...)

Thank you!

Stephan


I only found this...[but it might be the Bertele REPROGON design]



PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Docter Optics Doctarlux HQ 2.8/35.

It was made in the Saalfeld plant that used to be the Carl Zeiss Jena factory, maybe it's an updated CZJ Flektogon design?


PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prototype of Orion-1, made in October 1940 in GOI, while it was part of NKOP.














PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

I only found this...[but it might be the Bertele REPROGON design]


Looks quite different from the early (around 1947) Roosinov superwides described by Marco Cavina!
Thanks for the information!

S