Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

few boring enlarger lenses....but they do UV Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20202/big_10818_DSC05653_1.jpg]

Soligor / Norita 17/4. A not bad bargain at just over a c-note (especially compared with ones with the makers name ring), only the later Tokina sometimes goes for any less.

Nice one. I forgot to bid a camera combo which include this Soligor 17mm f/4. Is it good? Kind of rare one.

For 1972, I would say yes - the very far edges never really got sharp on this copy. I haven't compared against my test shots of the Tamron 17, but from memory the best 17 I have used was a Tokina made 17/3.5 badged as a Spiratone 18/3.5. The Soligor/Norita isn't quite as good as that one is. I also recently grabbed a 1980 Soligor/Tokina 17/3,5 because the price was so low, but that copy was surprisingly poor, showing that copy variation can make a big difference.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Pentax 300mm 1:4.5 IF-ED

Not exactly an MF lens, but to be used as MF on my Pentax LX or on the Sony A7 series!

Beautiful finde, Hope you'll show us some shots of it. I wonder how does it do the ED glass.

The F* 4.5/300mm certainly has much less CAs than the M* 4/300mm, even though both lenses have three large ED elements.
The F* 4.5/300mm is slightly soft at f4.5 (in a very pleasing way, eg for portraits). It's contrast increases a lot when stopped down to f6.7 or f8. I much prefer the F* over the M*, even though the M* is a it faster: The F* focusing feels very much like a traditional MF lens, its MFD is only 2m (instead of 4m), and it has a (removable) tripod socket.

EDIT: see here for M* 4/300 ED vs F* 4.5/300 IF-ED and Nikkor AiS 4.5/300 IF-ED:
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-m-4-300-ed-f-vs-4-5-300-if-ed-nikkor-4-5-300-if-ed-t81307.html

Last edited by stevemark on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma 3.5/14mm

Nikkor-S.C Auto 1:1.2 f=55mm
Will be interesting to see the differences between this one and the Ai Nikkor 1.2/55mm ... they share the same basic layout, but the later lens was re-calculated (slightly different radii, probably due to new glass materials).

S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Has Kenny died? It looks like he's turning to spirit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
^^ Has Kenny died? It looks like he's turning to spirit.

That toy figure is like a camera lens that always wants to roll off the table. I had to prop him up against Cartman just to catch a pose.

To me the out of focus areas seem not too harsh even though a direct flash was used sans modifier.

I think the oof is a bit better than 'not too harsh'. It looks like it may be good, to my eyes anyway. You'll not know until you play around a bit more I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new toy is a Zeiss Vario Talon 70-120mm 3.5 projection lens.
I have to search for some bits to get it adapted to my Nex.
I also found for sale a Praktica LTL camera with an unusal lens: Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm 2.8 M42 made for Icarex. It made me curious enough to make a bid. Not yet received it; the postman is lost a bít, I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a G. Zuiko 55/1.2 today!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviator wrote:
Got a G. Zuiko 55/1.2 today!

Nice catch!
Congrats

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scavenged this off an old camera:

It's not in great shape, but good enough. The focus is a bit stiff, but not too bad. Glass is not perfect, but decent with no major problems. It looks like it was used quite heavily at one time, then left in a closet/garage/attic until it made its way to me. It was extremely dirty until I gave it a cursory cleaning.

I haven't been able to get the front optical block out, and I'm not sure why. Maybe there's a trick to it.

Still, it shoots good. A proper evaluation will have to wait for warmer weather.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Jupiter-6 180mm/2.8 for my Kiev-60!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty chuffed with today's post. I'd taken a chance on an Exa II on ebay with a Domiplan and a Primotar 135/3.5 for 25 quid the lot. The Primotar looks battered and there's a slight touch of haze to the optics but thats it, absolutely fine otherwise. The domiplan is in vg condition so selling that should pay for most of the purchase.. 😁

Best of it is, the case also contained a proper Exakta type 40.5mm metal lens hood and a 40. 5mm uv filter, which could probably cost what I spent on the lot on a bad day.. 😁

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mint Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-PF 100mm f/2.5.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much a lens but I'm now the owner of an apparently working copy of one of these..

Toooo 60s... 🤣

On that high note I definitely am going into virtual lens buying retirement for a while. Its time to get rid of my surplus first and also focus on using what I have got now with my photography. There may be a blog.. 🤣

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

Toooo 60s... 🤣

On that high note I definitely am going into virtual lens buying retirement for a while. Its time to get rid of my surplus first and also focus on using what I have got now with my photography. There may be a blog.. 🤣

Nah mate. If you want '60s Gott, it has to be the Minolta Hi-Matics. Nothing else will do Wink .

You've got to post up a link to your blog if you get it up and running. I've enjoyed our cracks on here, and your photography.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sciolist"]
Gott23 wrote:

Toooo 60s... 🤣

Nah mate. If you want '60s Gott, it has to be the Minolta Hi-Matics. Nothing else will do Wink .

You've got to post up a link to your blog if you get it up and running. I've enjoyed our cracks on here, and your photography.

Ha! I've never had the chance to get one of them in a decent state but I do have the very similar looking Mamiya 135, which does look like a distant cousin., 😁.

Definitely still be around just not spending anything (if possible - there's alway some ridiculous bargain to be had.. 🤣) and concentrating on using the stuff I've got. Which by the last count was between 60-70 lenses.. 😬

Also the change in location means I've not got as much on my doorstep so I'm figuring to start concentrating on developing my digital negative "scanning" properly via a macro/bellows set up and a full frame dslr and actually using film even if it is just scanning 1-2 rolls a month, as well as getting back into my more abstract macro work.

Such is the seriousness of my intent I am splurging on a cheap ass desk this month so I can finally after a year get all my shots consolidated on my archive hdds..

But the philosophy for now is less is more.. 😁

(plus I've definitely got more than enough toys to play with.. 📸🤪)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Kominar-E 4.8cm f3.5 enlarger lens
https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-Kominar-E-F4-8-cm-F3-5-Enlarging-Lens-by-Nitto-Kogaku/322732370884

I got it because I like my Kominar-E 7.5cm f3.5
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/kominare75cm35/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That's a very tidy set-up, Lightshow. I'm not familiar with S.Kominar at all. The body looks similar to a Ross. I'll have to look them up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't leave this one be for twenty euro's
Helios 44m-6 58mm 1:2 (Valdai) by The lens profile, on Flickr

Helios 44m-6 58mm 1:2 (Valdai) by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
BOGEN W.A. 6x6 1:4 f=60mm

Threaded for work at 1:2 to the infinity. Probably discovered the lens here...

Excellent lens, a sleeper really...!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
A Jupiter-6 180mm/2.8 for my Kiev-60!

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 looks great Pierre! Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nFD 28mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.8, I wonder how the f2 28mm compare to the 2.8 nFD , we'll see.