Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Okay now that tree seems familiar, being tallest Redwood...you live around here? Smile

more or less, we come up to marin or sonoma at least once or twice a month .. got that lens at a junk shop in santa rosa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this month I bought a Minolta MDii Rokkor X 50mm f1.4. The 55mm filter thread version.
In it's original box with foam insert. Beautiful lens.
I already own the MC PG version and the MD1 version.

For my second buy I'm alot more excited.
Clip on 49mm lens hood that fits the Minolta MDiii 50mm f1.4, f1.7, and f2 lens.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina 80 - 200mm 2.8
Vivitar 35mm 2.8 (Tokina)
Minolta 50mm 1.7
All three with Minolta MD bayonet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

РО 108-1 "П" 1963 year (90/2 soviet projection lens)

the first test shots

DSC00245 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

DSC00213 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

DSC00192 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Like 1 sergtum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as a Christmas present I've just acquired another Exakta RTL1000, though this one has a Sankyo Kohki w-Komura 28mm f3.5 attached to it.

Anyone had any experience with this lens? Going by average prices I appear to have paid at least a third of the going rate... 😁

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
Primagon 35/4.5

I hope your Primagon is good. That's one of my favorite lenses. It's got a very rich character.

Finally had time to give it something approaching a proper test, and I am impressed...

Iirc, Acros filter in camera on first shot, second no PP so colours as shot

Focus isn't where it should be on the leaves shot but other than that I'm pretty impressed despite it being a touch slow. Really will have to try it on a full frame for landscapes though..

Given I got it for the cost of a Lydith, I'm not really in a position complain.. 😁

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos and lens!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^The monochrome is quite lovely Gott Like 1 . KEO's 'rich character' description seems apt.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
KEO wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
Primagon 35/4.5

I hope your Primagon is good. That's one of my favorite lenses. It's got a very rich character.

Finally had time to give it something approaching a proper test, and I am impressed...

With the iris wide open it can produce some stunning bokeh too - as beautiful as any I've seen. It can also make very interesting, multi-hued flaring if you're interested in that sort of thing. I've even gotten some really nice macro shots with mine.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During Black Friday thru Cyber Monday some US Ebay Sellers are offering discounts.

My Birthday is in December. So for an early bday present, I bought a Minolta MD W Rokkor X 24mm f2.8. This is the MDiib version. This is the lightest 9/7 version at 215 grams.

After 10 percent discount, $89.10 plus $5.99 shipping.
Can't wait to get it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon nFD 135mm f3.5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
KEO wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
Primagon 35/4.5

With the iris wide open it can produce some stunning bokeh too - as beautiful as any I've seen. It can also make very interesting, multi-hued flaring if you're interested in that sort of thing. I've even gotten some really nice macro shots with mine.

On the subject of flaring...

The Sankyo Kohko w-Komura 28mm f/3.5 arrived today... Very Happy

I've lucked out with this one, it's optically excellent and mechanically everything is smooth. It's also an exa mount rather than the interchangable one I've seen on some.. Definitely deserves a proper test on a full frame sooner rather than later..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

I've lucked out with this one, it's optically excellent and mechanically everything is smooth. It's also an exa mount rather than the interchangable one I've seen on some.. Definitely deserves a proper test on a full frame sooner rather than later..

I'll keep an eye out for your test. The only thing Komura I have is their Telemore double extender which was well respected. I think it got so popular it cornered the market for a while, back in the day. I'd have to say, by todays standards, I find it okay at its job, nothing more than that. I didn't know they had produced lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
Canon nFD 135mm f3.5

Impressive! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for your test. The only thing Komura I have is their Telemore double extender which was well respected. I think it got so popular it cornered the market for a while, back in the day. I'd have to say, by todays standards, I find it okay at its job, nothing more than that. I didn't know they had produced lenses.

👍

And here it is in the flesh..

I've had a feel of its rear and it doesn't feel like it's a convertible mount rather a fixed Exa one. It's in lovely condition though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

👍

That bluff front end reminds me of the Super-Takumar 28 3,5.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor-S manual 50x1.4 plus an SC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

👍

Can't wait to see some pics, very rare sample also , in fact ,it's the first time I see this komura

I've had a feel of its rear and it doesn't feel like it's a convertible mount rather a fixed Exa one. It's in lovely condition though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya Sekor C 4/120mm Macro - obviously an APO lens, and simply excellent. Together with the Mirex tilt/shift adapter a very versatile lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two came in on friday:

Tamron adaptall-2 70-210mm 1:3.8-4 (46a) by The lens profile, on Flickr

Tamron Adaptall 135mm 1:2.8 (CT-135) by The lens profile, on Flickr

couldn't leave them be for €7 a soligor 2x teleconverter came with them too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Mamiya Sekor C 4/120mm Macro - obviously an APO lens, and simply excellent. Together with the Mirex tilt/shift adapter a very versatile lens.

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinonflex Auto Reflex 100mm f/2.8 M42. Strange name.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens, very cool styling. Sharp as heck with really nice bokeh. My testing has been inhibited by rotten weather, and I have a feeling I'll have to wait for Spring to get a proper feel for it, but so far so good. It does a good job with landscapes and it ought to be great for portraits.

It's not outstanding for macro, interestingly. In that respect it reminds me a bit of the old silver CZJ Sonnar 135.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

Nice lens, very cool styling.

Yes, totally agree Wink

KEO wrote:

Sharp as heck

Hmm ... mine certainly isn't when using it on 24MP FF. Other 135mm primes, let alone some vintage zooms (such as nFD 4/80-200L, Minolta MD 4/70-210 or Zeiss CY 4/80-200mm) have much less problems in the field and in the corners. Which camera did you use, and which apertures?

KEO wrote:
with really nice bokeh. My testing has been inhibited by rotten weather, and I have a feeling I'll have to wait for Spring to get a proper feel for it, but so far so good. It does a good job with landscapes and it ought to be great for portraits.

I never tried it for portraits, but i guess it would give nice results, too.

KEO wrote:

It's not outstanding for macro, interestingly. In that respect it reminds me a bit of the old silver CZJ Sonnar 135.

Tele lenses - unless they have internal focusing - usually are not very good for macro.

Stephan