Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1939 (or possibly 1935) Schneider-Kreuznach Karat-Xenar 2.8/5cm.

(No cameras were harmed in the making of this post).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

Very Happy

That's an interesting lens. How does it shoot?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

Very Happy

Very Happy

I've not given it a try yet KEO. I'll post up once I have.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

Here you go KEO. f:9.5(ish). Fluted lens shade. Fuji X-E1 (APSC). Flat settings. No pp. Natural light from window to right.

1:1

I'll have to take it out for a good go, but it looks like it can take a picture. And I'll have to check I've got it all screwed to the camera correctly, as it looks like the focus plane may be skewed, or something - see edges of table.

PP - Contrast and sharpenening to taste.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
I'll have to take it out for a good go, but it looks like it can take a picture.

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good with the PP! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Thanks folks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1957 Voigtlander color-skopar 1:3.5/50.

My first front focusing adaptation. I'm currently mixing focus between front cell and helical to see if there's any difference I can perceive.

The whole shutter and lens assembly drops onto the front of the 'lens board'. Bellows (folded in camera in pic) rise up to meet it. All clamped in place with one nut from rear.

Looks like the body will require a general fettling. I noticed the bottom door arm is trying to grind its way through the shutter casing.

Wide open (f:3,5 APSC). Fuji X-E1. Flat settings, no pp. Natural light from window to right. Front cell at correct distance.

1:1 (f:3,5).

f:11 (Sharpest)

1:1 (f:11).

PP. f:11.

Last edited by Sciolist on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

Nicely done! Looks pretty on Fuji XE1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

Nice one!

Where did you get the leather case for your Fuji?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

Nice one!

Where did you get the leather case for your Fuji?

Thanks. The case is a Fujifilm X half leather case for X-E1 bought with the camera. I think they were £70 when the XE1 was new, but I see there's a Fuji dealer on e:bay (UK unfortunately) trying to shift some for £12.99. It has a nice stiff base with door for access to battery and card. Nothing for access for the connectors though.

Last edited by Sciolist on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

Nicely done! Looks pretty on Fuji XE1.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest lens just came today.
Minolta MD Celtic 35mm f2.8.
Second version.
5/5 ,49mm filter thread ,165 grams,
and Conical aperture ring.

This is the Celtic version of the MDii Minolta MD W Rokkor 35mm f2.8 lens.

I have been chasing this lens for a very long time.
I finally found a very nice copy with perfect optics and original caps.
This was over my normal lens budget, and the most I've ever paid for a Celtic lens. $25 plus $8 Priority mail shipping.
Really looking foward to shooting with this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Гелиос-44 №0078364 КМЗ М39

Гелиос-44 №0078364 КМЗ М39 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

first shot

DSC01563 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
Гелиос-44 №0078364 КМЗ М39

Nice. I've got one similar to yours, and I like it a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one.
A Tomioka design if not build.
Auto Revuenon 55mm f1.4
T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't have this topic disappearing to page 2 :p

Arrived:

this was the sellers image...
Mine is a QZ-150m two touch. This one another single touch model... I bought it for the adaptall mount, so I don't really care. It seems to be a lens that was never used or sold. So old stock.

And also this one arrived in the same box. Described as with marks on the rear element, which are actually on the mirror... Not very visible here. Look like fungus spots to me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5cm f3.5 Zeiss Tessar Collapsible in Contax RF mount pot war version. Some people claim it's the best 50mm lens that Zeiss made for the contax cameras

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

I've been enjoying this for a few days:

It's got a strange aperture pre-set system. There's a button on the pre-set ring. You push the button to unlock it, and when you let it go the ring will snap to and lock at the nearest f-stop.

It's very light and easy to shoot with, and I like the IQ a lot so far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

My first front focusing adaptation. I'm currently mixing focus between front cell and helical to see if there's any difference I can perceive.

The whole shutter and lens assembly drops onto the front of the 'lens board'. Bellows (folded in camera in pic) rise up to meet it. All clamped in place with one nut from rear.

Looks like the body will require a general fettling. I noticed the bottom door arm is trying to grind its way through the shutter casing.

Wide open (f:3,5 APSC). Fuji X-E1. Flat settings, no pp. Natural light from window to right. Front cell at correct distance.
]

Are you sure the Color Skopar has front cell focusing? The Color Skopar 50mm 2.8 that I took from a Vito BL is actually unit focusing. That the front turns in focusing and everything is small confused me till I removed it and saw the total lens move when focused. If it is front cell focusing then 40x the focal length so 20 meter / 66 feet should be the optimal setting for the front cell when focused by a separate helicoid. The optical design compromised on that distance.

Image quality of my 2.8 can still amaze me. https://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=1117739&View=NewFirst&Rows=4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Very nice.

Like 1
great choice!
I've been looking at it and counting the missing cents to buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

Are you sure the Color Skopar has front cell focusing? The Color Skopar 50mm 2.8 that I took from a Vito BL is actually unit focusing. That the front turns in focusing and everything is small confused me till I removed it and saw the total lens move when focused. If it is front cell focusing then 40x the focal length so 20 meter / 66 feet should be the optimal setting for the front cell when focused by a separate helicoid. The optical design compromised on that distance.

Image quality of my 2.8 can still amaze me. https://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=1117739&View=NewFirst&Rows=4

Hi Ernst. Yes, I've just checked again to make sure and it is front cell focusing. The lens fits the Vito IIa folder. Thanks for providing the calculation. I'd concluded that infinity was better than mfd, and better than setting it somewhere in the middle, but that is as far as I had got. Now I can set it to 66' Like 1 .

Do you know if the 40x calculation can be applied to any front cell focusing lens?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM Zuiko 85mm 2.0, with a beautiful OM-1 (working, even with a still good PX625 for the lightmeter!),
Steinheil Cintar 100mm 4.5 for Argus and a
dirty Trioplan 100mm 2.8 (Exakta mount). Some cleaning and it is OK!
In the same lot a perfect Leitz Colorplan CF 90mm 2.5 and a not working Zenit E with nice Helios 44-2.
Nice catch!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
KEO wrote:
Very nice.

Like 1
great choice!
I've been looking at it and counting the missing cents to buy it.

I'm obsessed with 135s! Smile

If you get one, you'll like it. It's very pleasant to use. It works great for macro shots too.