Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax sticker indicates the mount type; the caps were added later.

Look like one of these? http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-12-8-f28mm-21and-versions-t30866.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new toys.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC01172 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

Вега-9 50/2,1 + Юпитер-8 НБ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got lucky on the ebay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I ended up getting yet ANOTHER Tessar 50...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

And another camera I've never, ever, seen before.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

And another camera I've never, ever, seen before.

😂

Apparently it was the height of Pentagon's technology in the 60s,produced between 64 and 69 and featuring a novel leaf shutter.

Supposedly it was a bit overcomplicated and a mechanical mare as a result, so fingers crossed its working otherwise expensive ornament! (that design tho...)

Interestingly enough there is a range of lenses for it including a Meyer Optik "Domigor" 135/4...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
i got lucky on the ebay

Nice one. I have been watching this lens for quite a while on ebay but haven't pulled trigger yet. Looking forward to your sample pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

😂

Apparently it was the height of Pentagon's technology in the 60s,produced between 64 and 69 and featuring a novel leaf shutter.

Supposedly it was a bit overcomplicated and a mechanical mare as a result, so fingers crossed its working otherwise expensive ornament! (that design tho...)

Interestingly enough there is a range of lenses for it including a Meyer Optik "Domigor" 135/4...

Thanks for the info. Funnily enough, I saw another one on ebay last night. None, then two within days...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

😂

Thanks for the info. Funnily enough, I saw another one on ebay last night. None, then two within days...

Yeah I've seen a couple before but price wise wasn't tempted, but I got an offer accepted on this one so hopefully it'll work out..

It does have a 1st quality stamp on it tho.. 😏

Hopefully it'll arrive before the weekend so I can get a roll through it..

(that'd also give me a reason to get off my derriere and get my DSLR negative "scanning" rig set up.. Which includes a Pentacon copy stand of all things.. 🤣)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Leica-R-Mount lenses for my Leica R6 -

The Sigma Mini-Wide Macro 2.8/28mm and the Angénieux Zoom 2x35 2.5-3.3/35-70mm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

65/5.6 Super Angulon, not engraved "Multicoating." I didn't need it badly -- I have a perfectly fine 65/8 Fujinon SW -- but the price was very right and the SA covers a larger circle than the Fuji. Against that, it is heavier.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta Rokkor TC 135mm 4.0 preset lens.
A nice oldie in perfect condition, complete with original hood.
I have the bellows version since 1965, that was my first extra lens with compact foldable bellows for my Minolta SR-1.
Now the normal version added to my lenses. Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Minolta Rokkor TC 135mm 4.0 preset lens.
A nice oldie in perfect condition, complete with original hood.
I have the bellows version since 1965, that was my first extra lens with compact foldable bellows for my Minolta SR-1.
Now the normal version added to my lenses. Tuzki with lens

Interesting! I never have seen the bellows 4/135mm, and it would be interesting to see whether they behave differently in the "infinity" range, thus indication that the bellows was specially designed for close-ups.

My Minolta bellows 4/100mm triplet is so bad at "infinity" that i suspect it was specially designed for close-ups.

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK it is just the same lens, with different tube, no focusing. No special optical design.
When I started using the lens I used it for all kind of pictures, because I had no alternative tele lens.
I had no complaints at all about sharpness on near infinity (all B&W then).
Maybe I should do some new test, but I have no reason to believe it will deliver me a negative surprise on infinity.
The later bellows 100mm 4.0 might be specially corrected for short focusing distances.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar Series 1 70-210 1:2.8-4.0 Komine
Vivivar Series 1 Macro focusing zoom 70-210mm 1:2.8-4.0 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Surveillance xy 35mm 2.8

Surveillance XY 35mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Surveillance XY 35mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Auto Tamron 135mm 1:2.8 (Adapt-A-Matic) by The lens profile, on Flickr
This one is in pretty bad shape. Adapt-a-matic mount screwed crooked so stuck and very dirty inside so it is an instant project.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received this beautiful Minolta MD APO 100-500 mm f/8 to complete collection. (pixtures with iphone downgraded to low definition)
The beast is heavy! Over 2 kilos and requires a tripod (or monopod), unbelievable build quality! ... I did go in the garden with my A7Rii for a few minutes and the following findings:
- f/8 and having chosen a 1/800 s shutter speed means the ISO go up quickly 400-800 when sunny, 2000-6000 in the shadows which affects definition
- The macro function is great (2.5 meters at 500 mm ...just like 0.25 m for a 50 mm_ and the focal length guarantees a fine bokey while, of course, depth of field is limited (I wonder how one can focus with a 500 mm f4!...)
- This will be an awesome portrait lens as it isolates the subject and one does not get the onion rings of a mirror lens

As with all teles, I looked at the "glass roof" of our greenhouse and did not detect any CA (was quite obvious with 200 and 300 mm lenses)

This lens is up to 1 full stop slower at 500 mm than most zoom tele lenses and is manual. Added advantage is it goes down to 100 mm...but still at f 8 and the deficit looks more like a 1.5-2 stops deficits at 100 mm on other zoom lenses who, moreover, are AF ... not an everyday lens

While the aperture was penalising with film camera/DSLR, with the EVF, te camera compensates when luminosity is low... so this lens will work better with Sony rii than with old cameras and the 1 stop deficit is not such a problem except as signalled above as you can use camera stabilisation and use slower speed

Last edited by Antoine on Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antoine wrote:

how do you like that mirror lens?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I like the 800 mm rf? Bought a few months ago.

Easier to hand handle than the zoom although same weight (but shorter), even less depth of field though... but really beautiful piece of engineering and takes good pictures.
.. and only 2 kg for a 800 mm...

The law of diminishing returns applies though as one does not need to use a 800 mm (eq 1200 mm with APS-C) very often (I don't as I don't do sport photos).The weight is also a deterrent to take it out.

I don't think the fixed aperture is a drawback as you need really high speed. You have to be careful with the donuts though .

Gave me some great photo opportunity for wild life (I posted the first when I bought it a few months ago). But I always hesitate to take it because of this weight... after all the 500 mm rf f8 (eq 750 mm with APS-C) is much lighter at 600 grams and one can always crop with a 42 MP sensor...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 100mm F4 macro with 1:1 extender.
Came along on Marktplaats and I couldn't let it without bidding.
I am curious if the lens is much better then my old MC lens from 1973 (I still have).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better... and much lighter... but 1/3 stop worse...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AiS Nikkor 135 2.8

I see these selling for what seem to be exorbitant sums all the time, so I grabbed this one when I found it for a much more reasonable price.

The catch is that the elements had a lot of fungus (not old fungus, luckily), and the front glass is scratched up lamentably (it looks like someone left it to roll around with no cap in the back of a moving van for a few weeks). The scratching isn't so bad as to be visible in normal light, but shining an LED lamp through the glass makes it looks rather horrific. It's worse than it looks in the picture above.

However, I've already gotten a lot of enjoyment from this one. I had to open it up and clean all the elements, which, by going slow and following what information I could find, turned out to be relatively easy. It was the first time I'd taken apart an AiS Nikkor, and I learned quite a bit.

Despite the defects, it's a really nice shooter. It even excels at macro with some extensions. It's very compact, too - smaller than a lot of 85s. I can see why these 135s are sought after now, and I might be willing to pick up a minty one someday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
AiS Nikkor 135 2.8

I see these selling for what seem to be exorbitant sums all the time, so I grabbed this one when I found it for a much more reasonable price.

The catch is that the elements had a lot of fungus (not old fungus, luckily), and the front glass is scratched up lamentably (it looks like someone left it to roll around with no cap in the back of a moving van for a few weeks). The scratching isn't so bad as to be visible in normal light, but shining an LED lamp through the glass makes it looks rather horrific. It's worse than it looks in the picture above.

That's quite the "catch". Seems that anything spent on such a damaged optic is one ¥ too many

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lovely old Zoom Komura 90-250 f4.5
I already have the 75-150 f4.5 and love its warm colour rendering.
Both lenses are long and heavy, but worth the weight penalty IMHO
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My patience has paid off. I have been looking for a Pentax K 30mm for a long time and finally I was able to buy one at an affordable price in very nice condition, as well as the 35 / 3.5, of which I already own a copy.