Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

Then last but not least, I grabbed a Praktica LB with a Derek Gardner 35mm f/2.8, whatever on earth that is!

My first thought was personalized cover rings.

Thank You Dog

In a way, and in this instance, that could be correct. From what I gather, Derek Gardner was a chain of shops in the South of England. Following the ending of import restrictions in the UK, there were quite a few businesses that ordered lenses from Japan and distributed them through their chains. Obviously some may have chosen to put their own names on. Others, for example Charles Strasser (of Photopia), made one up, and imported and distributed lenses under the Palinar name.

Last edited by Sciolist on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
That's probably it for a while.. >.< #bannedfromspending

Oh aye Smile. I'm not a betting man, as many people would tell you, but I'd have a fiver on you acquiring something else within a week or two Gott. You're as bad as me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon Nikkor AIS 4.0/105mm Micro-Nikkor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
That's probably it for a while.. >.< #bannedfromspending

Oh aye Smile. I'm not a betting man, as many people would tell you, but I'd have a fiver on you acquiring something else within a week or two Gott. You're as bad as me.

Ha! 😆

I've got to wind it in as I need to get my finances in order a bit but should some exotic DDR glass be on offer for a silly price.. Well.. 😆

Other than that I'm angling to save up for a wide angle super takumar since the f/1.8 I got really impressed me..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
A Power 35mm f/2.8 which is unusual that its a 46mm filter size.

It's not that uncommon on old T-mount 35/2.8's.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
Ha! 😆

I've got to wind it in as I need to get my finances in order a bit but should some exotic DDR glass be on offer for a silly price.. Well.. 😆 ...

Funnily enough, John, the window cleaner, dropped off a bag of bits he'd been given by another customer at the week-end. He'd taken what he wanted and handed the rest to me. Amongst the flotsam and jetsam was a Pentacon electric 135 2.8 -

I've managed the sum total of one dodgy shot through the window to see what is what (hence the awful framing and exposure), but even in spite of it being in my hands, it's not bad at all. I know nothing of these lenses.

F8 @infinity. No PP. Fuji X-E1.

1:1 Crop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
Ha! 😆

I've got to wind it in as I need to get my finances in order a bit but should some exotic DDR glass be on offer for a silly price.. Well.. 😆 ...

Funnily enough, John, the window cleaner, dropped off a bag of bits he'd been given by another customer at the week-end. He'd taken what he wanted and handed the rest to me. Amongst the flotsam and jetsam was a Pentacon electric 135 2.8 -

I've managed the sum total of one dodgy shot through the window to see what is what (hence the awful framing and exposure), but even in spite of it being in my hands, it's not bad at all. I know nothing of these lenses.

F8 @infinity. No PP. Fuji X-E1.

1:1 Crop.

That's the later 6 bladed version I take it?

I've got two of them (long story - one of them I got cheap and I'm gifting to someone but I got it more for the box and Pentacon lenses dictionary which I'm Keeping for myself. ..) but I found them a little bit less solid than the 16 blade early version which is effectively a Meyer Optik Orestor in all but name and which I found to be a really nice lens albeit a touch weightier..

Then there's the PB mount CZJ badged version which again feels more solid but more modern given its got a bit of plastic in the build..MC coating on it is similar to the Later CZJ Sonnar 135.

Have to say though I actually prefer the 100mm Orestor as the focal length on a crop camera comes in at about 160mm and not far off the 135mm mark - and it's soooo compact on the Sony, so it's quite discreet for street photography and whatnot.. I'll have to compare with the late bladed Pentacon version.. At some point.. My to do list is something right now though.. 😆

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

That's the later 6 bladed version I take it?

Yep, that's the one Like 1 small . I just counted them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
Ha! 😆

Exactly that lens was supposed to come in today, but another one I ordered later overtook it even though it was shipped on the same day a few hours earlier than this one that did come in:
I just can't stop my self. For less than €9,- (Discounting shipping) A nice all metal Soligor 135mm 2.8, made by Tokina. It came with a very 'useful' Canon FD to m42 adapter.
Soligor TELE-AUTO 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr
Soligor TELE-AUTO 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr
cap and adapter by The lens profile, on Flickr

I already have a Meyer Orestor and wanted to see how it compared (To the Pentacon).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, these were taken with the 15 blade version of the pentacon 135/2.8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I've already blown my "photographic budget" for August.. but not on a lens.. for once.. Very Happy

Not quite sure whether I've bought a camera or a handbag..???

(I do have a pile of expired 120 lying around somewhere and this thing has a bulb setting and allows for multiple exposures... all on a 6x9 Very Happy fun to be had... )

The Derek Gardner has arrived so I've try to at least give it a whirl at the weekend..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

Laugh 1 It's definitely a handbag. When you open the back Gott, make sure you're holding it the right way, otherwise the 1950s lipstick and compact will fall out and break Wink .

I've never seen that camera before. It looks really interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon Electric 135mm 1:2.8 with fungus on rear element. I have already managed to get the aperture stuck trying to get it out. Will have to open up the rear now.
Pentacon electric 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

Laugh 1 It's definitely a handbag. When you open the back Gott, make sure you're holding it the right way, otherwise the 1950s lipstick and compact will fall out and break Wink .

I've never seen that camera before. It looks really interesting.

That IS a real thing btw! There's an old Kodak folder range from the 30s done in really nice art deco styling and there was one set for women that included a lipstick holder and compact (iirc) in the same style! I'll have a root about after work to see if I can find a picture of it.. 😆

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

That IS a real thing btw! There's an old Kodak folder range from the 30s done in really nice art deco styling and there was one set for women that included a lipstick holder and compact (iirc) in the same style! I'll have a root about after work to see if I can find a picture of it.. 😆

Wow! I suppose that's the kind of thing they did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:

Nice looking lens!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
wolfhansen wrote:

Nice looking lens!

Arrived today - looks and feels like new Laughing

and i got another 105mm lens

Feinmess Dresden Bonotar 4.5/105mm (1954-59)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^I love when a lens I've never seen before is shown. Thanks Wolfhansen. I hope you enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah nice - here some infos about the Bonotar

The Bonotar is the only camera lens from Feinmess Dresden, build since 1954 for the
Belfoca Cameras (Welta Kamerawerk Freital) Mark I and II. Its basic construction follows the Cooke triplet.
The previous suppliers Ernst Ludwig and Meyer-Optik were unable to cover the needs for triplets alone -
so Feinmess began production in 1954 and delivered around 38,000 lenses by 1960.
My lens is one of the 4000 in Exakta-Mount.
The company Feinmess Dresden continued to exist, in 1970 it became part of the VEB Carl Zeiss Jena as VEB Feinmess Dresden and focused on measurement products.
(Wikipedia.de - Bonotar)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Thanks Like 1 small .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
Feinmess Dresden Bonotar 4.5/105mm (1954-59)

Very nice!

Seems like there were a lot of triplet lenses in that speed and focal length being produced at that time.

Reminds me a bit of my Isco 100mm 4.5 lenses, and my Elgeet 4-inch (102mm) 4.5 Mini-Tel.

My newest acquisition is a bit scrubby looking on the outside (it was rather dirty before I cleaned it, some of the screw heads are rusty, and there are some chips and scratches in the finish), but mechanically and optically is seems to be excellent.

Nippon Kogaku 85mm Nikkor-H Auto f/1.8. I've only had a chance to try it out briefly, but the bokeh looks exceptionally nice. Better than I expected.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta Rokkor-PF 58mm f/1.4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 90mm companion for an XPan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a grab-bag of stuff from the goodwill, containing a pentax-m 50mm/f2, a takumar (bayonet) 135mm/f2.5 (the taiwanese version, sadly), and a kiron 80-200mm ... not expecting a whole lot, but have been curious about the later k-mount pentax stuff for awhile (already had the pk-nex adapter, but these are my first actual pentax lenses for it)