Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Nikkor H Auto 3.5 28mm, unfortunately I already had one of these and forgot. I had left
another one on my ebay watch list and bought it. Rolling Eyes
Canon FD 70-150mm 4.5. It was about 5 US dollars. Came in original box, looks to be in great shape.


Both very good lenses
T


I don't know the older 3.5/28mm Nikkor (only the newer AI version, which has a different optical constriction), but the Canon 70-150mm is an excellent lens e. g. for landscape work. Very little CAs, and very good corners even wide open.

Stephan


Actually because I heard from both you and Tom that this was a good lens I bought it. The Canon I mean.


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MC Rokkor 2.8 35mm.


PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17 Miranda lenses added this month. Updates on all lenses coming soon, weather permitting.
Overcast and rainy every day, lately.


PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
17 Miranda lenses added this month. Updates on all lenses coming soon, weather permitting.

Interesting - i'm looking forward to it!

Stephan


PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
17 Miranda lenses added this month. Updates on all lenses coming soon, weather permitting.
Overcast and rainy every day, lately.
Like 1


PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
17 Miranda lenses added this month. Updates on all lenses coming soon, weather permitting.
Overcast and rainy every day, lately.


Wow impressive! Looking forward to your results.


PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 105mm f2.5 macro Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

[/b]


PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 105mm f2.5 macro Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Whoo Turtle

[/b]


That is a sexy lens right there.


PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
17 Miranda lenses added this month.


Wow. Shocked

GAS to the absolute maximum.


PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning on flea market find two Hexanons 135/3,2 and 57/1,4, both cost me $40.


PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys it wasn't planned. Two of the lenses I bought off of eBay.
As for the other 15, I contacted Luis about the Miranda 25mm f2.8 lens he had listed on the forum marketplace.
He gave me his entire Miranda collection.
Fifteen lenses, 3 cameras, 5 finders, flash bracket, and shutter release cable.
Also the Miranda to Sony E mount adapter.

So stay tuned for alot of future Miranda threads, which will start as soon as the rain and overcast weather finally stops.

Also, a big thank you to Luis.


PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Guys it wasn't planned. Two of the lenses I bought off of eBay.
As for the other 15, I contacted Luis about the Miranda 25mm f2.8 lens he had listed on the forum marketplace.
He gave me his entire Miranda collection.
Fifteen lenses, 3 cameras, 5 finders, flash bracket, and shutter release cable.
Also the Miranda to Sony E mount adapter.

So stay tuned for alot of future Miranda threads, which will start as soon as the rain and overcast weather finally stops.

Also, a big thank you to Luis.


Sounds like a whole lot of fun Like 1


PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
This morning on flea market find two Hexanons 135/3,2 and 57/1,4, both cost me $40.


Wow i'm never that lucky with flea markets!


PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Paulius wrote:
This morning on flea market find two Hexanons 135/3,2 and 57/1,4, both cost me $40.


Wow i'm never that lucky with flea markets!


The last two Konica lenses I acquired on a flea market were the Hexanon AR 2/35 (rubber focus grip) for CHF 20.-- and the Konica AR 1.8/85mm (metal grip) for CHF 10.-- Wink


PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IX Nikkors 30-60 and 60-180. Light and lovely, work on full frame despite being made for an APS camera. A Pronea S camera body came with the lenses. These will make an ideal companion for my Nikon J1.


PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Paulius wrote:
This morning on flea market find two Hexanons 135/3,2 and 57/1,4, both cost me $40.


Wow i'm never that lucky with flea markets!


The last two Konica lenses I acquired on a flea market were the Hexanon AR 2/35 (rubber focus grip) for CHF 20.-- and the Konica AR 1.8/85mm (metal grip) for CHF 10.-- Wink


Stop it!
You are making us jealous.
Laugh 1


PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Paulius wrote:
This morning on flea market find two Hexanons 135/3,2 and 57/1,4, both cost me $40.


Wow i'm never that lucky with flea markets!


The last two Konica lenses I acquired on a flea market were the Hexanon AR 2/35 (rubber focus grip) for CHF 20.-- and the Konica AR 1.8/85mm (metal grip) for CHF 10.-- Wink


WOW, impressive! Guess ebay hasn't reached Switzerland yet, in Germany it has killed all 99% of all good prices .. not worth going anymore (except when I found my 200mm Visionar for 10% of its market value)


PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I won bidding for Canon T70, SPEEDLITE 299T, Tamron CF 80-210mm f/3.8-4 and FD 35mm f/2 for 54€.
I think there is something which is worth of that.


PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fodor (Dutch rebrand, probably Tokina) 135mm 3.5 preset. M42 via T2.
Looks like it had very little use,, works perfect smooth and feels like new.
Must have been a very disappointing lens for former owners. Laugh 1
I am curious if it is for me too.


PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
stevemark wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Paulius wrote:
This morning on flea market find two Hexanons 135/3,2 and 57/1,4, both cost me $40.


Wow i'm never that lucky with flea markets!


The last two Konica lenses I acquired on a flea market were the Hexanon AR 2/35 (rubber focus grip) for CHF 20.-- and the Konica AR 1.8/85mm (metal grip) for CHF 10.-- Wink


WOW, impressive! Guess ebay hasn't reached Switzerland yet, in Germany it has killed all 99% of all good prices .. not worth going anymore (except when I found my 200mm Visionar for 10% of its market value)


Ebay is quite "weak" in Switzerland (probably <20% market share); most of the corresponding deals are made on small local platforms. During the last 15 years i've been buying three or four items on ebay. Everything else i got locally.

Ebay has been pushing hard to increase their market share, however with very little success (if any). Switzerland is a wealthy country which means that you can get nearly everything also secondhand on local platforms. In addition by far the most sellers are truly helpful and honest - which reduces risk and increases fun. If something starts to go wrong (less than 0.5% in my case) the customer support of Swiss platforms is local, responsive and supportive. So why should I buy on ebay?

Stephan


PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC00930 by Mr TTT, on Flickr


PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Pancolar 1.4/50mm in near MINT condition


PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kds315* wrote:
stevemark wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Paulius wrote:
This morning on flea market find two Hexanons 135/3,2 and 57/1,4, both cost me $40.


Wow i'm never that lucky with flea markets!


The last two Konica lenses I acquired on a flea market were the Hexanon AR 2/35 (rubber focus grip) for CHF 20.-- and the Konica AR 1.8/85mm (metal grip) for CHF 10.-- Wink


WOW, impressive! Guess ebay hasn't reached Switzerland yet, in Germany it has killed all 99% of all good prices .. not worth going anymore (except when I found my 200mm Visionar for 10% of its market value)


Ebay is quite "weak" in Switzerland (probably <20% market share); most of the corresponding deals are made on small local platforms. During the last 15 years i've been buying three or four items on ebay. Everything else i got locally.

Ebay has been pushing hard to increase their market share, however with very little success (if any). Switzerland is a wealthy country which means that you can get nearly everything also secondhand on local platforms. In addition by far the most sellers are truly helpful and honest - which reduces risk and increases fun. If something starts to go wrong (less than 0.5% in my case) the customer support of Swiss platforms is local, responsive and supportive. So why should I buy on ebay?
Stephan


Sounds great Stephan - the island of the blessed! Wink


PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

...
Sounds great Stephan - the island of the blessed! Wink


Seems so. Today there was parcel in my mailbox, from someone who had sold me a Minolta SR-1 some years ago. He had remembered me an my interest in Minolta stuff, so there were - for free -

1) a Minolta 4/100mm Macro triplet (for bellows)
2) a Minolta MC-II 2.8/135mm
3) a Minolta MC-II 3.5/50mm Macro & 1:1 spacer
4) a Minolta MD-II 2.8/28mm
5) a Minolta X-300 with MD-III 2/50mm
6) a Minolta AF 4.5-5.6/100-300mm APO

I will keep the 4/100mm and sell the remaining stuff (which looks very nice); the money will go Tibetans in Ladakh.

Stephan


PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash and time are a bit tight right now but that hasn't prevented a few small ebay treats going under the radar.. :

First up, landed a clunker of a lens for £7. A Power 35mm f/2.8 which is unusual that its a 46mm filter size. Lens is cheap plastic metal made in japan but with a nice Toshiba filter on it. Initial impressions are poor at best.. Very Happy

Then landed a nice looking late metal/last before plastic-age Pentacon Auto MC 50mm f/1.8 purely because it has red fonts on it, so should look with my Sony.. Very Happy

Rounded it up with a couple of camera lots.. first up yet another Zenit with three lenses.. out of the ordinary in that two of them aren't Russian, if I'm guessing right..

First up a 35mm f/2.8



Then a 135mm f/2.8



Given the lack of factory stamps and different stlying, I'm presuming Asian licence-built?

(also need to check if the 44M is one I don't have.. Very Happy )

Then last but not least, I grabbed a Praktica LB with a Derek Gardner 35mm f/2.8, whatever on earth that is!



Laugh 1

That's probably it for a while.. >.< #bannedfromspending