Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four Telyts. 20cm f4.5, 200mm f4, 280mm f4.8 and 400mm f5
#1


PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two boxes arrived today and this was in them (excluding two camera's a Praktica MTL5 and a Ricoh TLS 401 I have not even unwrapped yet).

Super Takumar 200mm 1:4 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Super Takumar 200mm 1:4 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Auto Revuenon 50mm 1:17 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Auto Revuenon 50mm 1:1.7 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Vivitar Series 1 200mm 1:3 VMC by The lens profile, on Flickr

Vivitar Series 1 200mm 1:3 VMC by The lens profile, on Flickr

Vivitar 2x Macro focussing teleconverter by The lens profile, on Flickr

Auto Yashinon-DS 50mm 1:1.9 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Auto Yashinon-DS 50mm 1:1.9 by The lens profile, on Flickr

SMC Pentax-m 75-150mm 1:4 by The lens profile, on Flickr


PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 200mm Takumar looks very well used. Smile
A great lens by the way.
Pentax-M 70-150 is also very good.
The Macro focusing converter is simply wonderful. I bought one to use as a helicoid by removing the elements, but after trying it and finding how good it was I now use it with some of my tele lenses.
Tom


Last edited by Oldhand on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Macro focusing telrconverter - mine is by Ricoh. These seem to be better than typical TC.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Two boxes arrived today …





If there was a competition for which range takes on the best patina, the Super/Super-Multi-Coated-Takumar's would get my vote. There's a Nikon range that looks really good too, but the name won't come to mind.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomioka 4.5/105mm printer lens, from same lens series I posted the 94mm about
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157687103089645


PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Tomioka 4.5/105mm printer lens, from same lens series I posted the 94mm about
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157687103089645


Ouch - my eyes hurt.
That is rather good
Tom


PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Tomioka 4.5/105mm printer lens, from same lens series I posted the 94mm about
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157687103089645


Ouch - my eyes hurt.
That is rather good
Tom


Wait for the test with that new find!!! Wink


PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 2.5 135mm.
Came in good condition.
Nice quality lens. Smile


PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus G Auto Zuiko 60mm f1.5 for pen f. for under £300, looks great but my cheap e mount adapter broke after 2 outings. There only appear to be 2 kinds around of the cheap variety so will wait til next pay for a Kipon.


PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Carl Zeiss Jena VISIONAR 1.9/141mm with factory built in iris for TV camera (only 19 ever made)
- Carl Zeiss Jena Pruefprojektor with built in 1:1 macro lens for the calibration of TV camera lenses

more here: http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-lenses-and-pruefprojektor-for-tv-camera-t80742.html


PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji Photo Film Co. 55mm Fujinon f/1.8



Since I'm a Fuji shooter I thought I ought to own at least one Fuji lens. This one is in excellent condition with nearly perfect glass and only a very slightly stiff focus ring.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how good it is. It's comparable to my 55 Takumar 1.8s, but I think a little better. Excellent color saturation and very sharp with the iris closed down. I've gotten some really nice macro shots at f/16. Wide-open bokeh is excellent for close-up shots of flowers and things like that. At other ranges it can be good or bad. At it's best it's got nice, slightly swirly soap bubbles.


PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Fuji Photo Film Co. 55mm Fujinon f/1.8



Since I'm a Fuji shooter I thought I ought to own at least one Fuji lens. This one is in excellent condition with nearly perfect glass and only a very slightly stiff focus ring.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how good it is. It's comparable to my 55 Takumar 1.8s, but I think a little better. Excellent color saturation and very sharp with the iris closed down. I've gotten some really nice macro shots at f/16. Wide-open bokeh is excellent for close-up shots of flowers and things like that. At other ranges it can be good or bad. At it's best it's got nice, slightly swirly soap bubbles.


Over the years I have had several of the Fujinon standard lenses in their different iterations.
This is the only one that I have kept.
A great lens for almost any situation.
Tom


PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Fuji Photo Film Co. 55mm Fujinon f/1.8

... This one is in excellent condition with nearly perfect glass and only a very slightly stiff focus ring.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how good it is.


I got a sample some months ago, but never bothered to actually check it, to be honest. A few weeks ago, however, i looked at it a bit more closely. Wide open i found it to be distinctively better than most normal lenses i know. Corners at f1.8 are much better than e. g. with the Hexanon AR 1.7/50mm or the Zeiss CY 1.4/50mm.

Stephan


PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
A great lens for almost any situation.


That's exactly how I've come to think of it over the past few days shooting. It's a lens that's good for almost everything - landscape, portraits, macro...


stevemark wrote:
Wide open i found it to be distinctively better than most normal lenses i know. Corners at f1.8 are much better than e. g. with the Hexanon AR 1.7/50mm or the Zeiss CY 1.4/50mm.


That's an interesting observation, thanks. I haven't tried either of those lenses you compare the Fuji to, but I've certainly noticed how sharp it is.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up these Three Amigo's at the week-end -



Fujifilm x-e1. All 1 stop down from wide open.


You can just make out 3 spots of 'star' separation to the rear group. Usually caused by altitude I've been told? I have no idea.




200%


Front coating is damaged on this one. Scuffed up.




200%


Pristine glass.




200%



If there's anything to observe in this very unscientific comparison, and unless there's something particularly special about the old Supar I, it's that pristine glass wins the day, even if it's the oldest and simplest design. Although the Schneider still resolves best, the Supar I provides the overall best rendering, personal taste accepted.

To celebrate the old Supar I, here's the equivalent of putting it in its Sunday best - a touch of much needed contrast -





Groovy Like 1 .


Last edited by Sciolist on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a CZJ 135mm 3.5 cheaply because of a little haze. Hopefuly I can clean it:

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 3.5/135 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 3.5/135 by The lens profile, on Flickr


PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
I found a CZJ 135mm 3.5 cheaply because of a little haze. Hopefuly I can clean it

If you can't see it with a naked eye without a flashlight, chances are, you wont make a difference.
At least I could not. I've tried cleaning several lenses and it was a waste of time, except that one half frame Zuiko 38/1.8.
But zuiko was milky white with haze and fungus.

I've pretty much stopped to care about haze in all but the fastest one-point-fours lenses.


PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm not buying lenses anymore. I hadn't bought any for months until a few weeks ago. Sometimes exceptions must be made however, like when you find old Praktica or Exakta cameras for sale.



The Primagon is in excellent condition. It must have been serviced at some point in the past, because the focusing is nice and smooth. The glass is perfectly clear. It's very, very nice. Going by the serial number it's from 1955 or 1956 probably.

The Biotar has a stiff but smooth focus ring, a tiny dent in the filter thread (which can be seen to the lower left), and a bubble in one of the elements. Otherwise it's in fantastic shape. Going by the serial number this one is from 1952 or 1953. It's one of the 12-blade, f/22 versions.

Neither of these has the least hint of haze or fungus. Neither has any scratches. I'm happy.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor H Auto 3.5 28mm, unfortunately I already had one of these and forgot. I had left
another one on my ebay watch list and bought it. Rolling Eyes
Canon FD 70-150mm 4.5. It was about 5 US dollars. Came in original box, looks to be in great shape.


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron SP 51B Adaptall-2 17mm f/3.5


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Tamron SP 51B Adaptall-2 17mm f/3.5

Like 1 Like 1


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this rmc tokina 24mm/2.8 at the salvage shop for $10.. wasn't expecting much, but have to say it seems pretty good so far



#1


#2


PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nikkor H Auto 3.5 28mm, unfortunately I already had one of these and forgot. I had left
another one on my ebay watch list and bought it. Rolling Eyes
Canon FD 70-150mm 4.5. It was about 5 US dollars. Came in original box, looks to be in great shape.


Both very good lenses
T


PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Nikkor H Auto 3.5 28mm, unfortunately I already had one of these and forgot. I had left
another one on my ebay watch list and bought it. Rolling Eyes
Canon FD 70-150mm 4.5. It was about 5 US dollars. Came in original box, looks to be in great shape.


Both very good lenses
T


I don't know the older 3.5/28mm Nikkor (only the newer AI version, which has a different optical constriction), but the Canon 70-150mm is an excellent lens e. g. for landscape work. Very little CAs, and very good corners even wide open.

Stephan