Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's post.. 😁

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to actually start hunting things down, so first score is a dirt-cheap Industar 50-2 f/3.5. Definitely a cute little thing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decided to take a bit of a gamble and participated in an online live auction with an auctionhouse in the netherlands, and won this (poorly described) lot:

all i know about it is what you can see in the pic: a "red V" meyer optik trioplan 50mm/f2.9, prrrrobably a helios on that zenit, and who knows what in that extra lens case or on the praktica (wouldn't be mad if its the default pentacon 50/1.Cool ... might yet be more stuff in the big case too, can't wait to find out. hopefully it's not all junk.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkvLTD wrote:
Decided to actually start hunting things down, so first score is a dirt-cheap Industar 50-2 f/3.5. Definitely a cute little thing.

Great little lens
Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x Carl Zeiss lenses on their way, to try and keep up with the ridiculous addiction I've developed for Exakta's. Someone please make it stop!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
3x Carl Zeiss lenses on their way, to try and keep up with the ridiculous addiction I've developed for Exakta's. Someone please make it stop!

Laugh 1

There must be a lens rehab centre somewhere Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived. Slightly fungussy Mamiya/Sekor 50mm 1:2 Also looks to have thoriated glass.

I already unscrewed the back group, but the ring that holds rear element in place won't come loose.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: East German DDR Carl Zeiss Glass Reply with quote

I was given a Praktica MTL5 + 3 lenses by the web-Master of my Club who got it from his Cousin who wanted it to go to a 'Good Home' -- that was ME !

Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 50mm f2.8 Tessar, 35mm f2.4 MC Flektogon, 135mm f3.5 MC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a little Industar 52mm f/2.8 for under a tenner on eBay tonight... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then for contrast, I just lucked out and got a rather reasonably priced set of Exakta mount lenses..

Comprising:

1 x Carl Zeiss Sonnar f.4 135mm
1x Carl Zeiss Flektogon f.2.8 35mm
1x Carl Zeiss Pancolar f.2 50mm.

Now, with these in mind - does anyone know of any decent EOS-Exakta adapters? I got a cheap metal one off Amazon and it was dire to the point of being unusable...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: /Users/rgeo/Desktop/DesertDandelions_DSC_1294sm2.jpg Reply with quote

I recently picked up a Carl Zeiss 35/2 Distagon ZF. Got it cheap because someone chewed up the front element a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: /Users/rgeo/Desktop/DesertSunflowers_DSC_1282sm2.jpg Reply with quote

But I can't complain about the image quality...unless I point it into the sun. Then flare, which shouldn't be there, becomes a problem. Here are a couple of pics from the California desert after the recent bloom.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
Then for contrast, I just lucked out and got a rather reasonably priced set of Exakta mount lenses..

Comprising:

Now, with these in mind - does anyone know of any decent EOS-Exakta adapters? I got a cheap metal one off Amazon and it was dire to the point of being unusable...

In a Shell Research plastic company case? Keep an eye on this one Gott. I purchased it last week for a 'reasonable price'. Then 'Emma' started e:mailing me. She told me ebay had told her the wrong postage calculation (ebay doesn't do this as far as I know) and she required (quite a bit) more money before posting. I said no (I'm not into extortion), so she cancelled the sale and put it back up on ebay. I even explained it was for my son who, having a disability, didn't find picking up intersts very easy, but had got into these funny cameras and was excited about the lenses coming. Heart of stone. I reported the seller to ebay and reported the item as a fraudulent sale. Still waiting for my money to go back into my Paypal. It's apparently pending, but it's a lot longer wait than usual.

Well done btw. Easy come, easy go and all that. I hope the sale goes smoothly. They do look nice. I doubt ebay will bother their arse over it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

Comprising:

In a Shell Research plastic company case? Keep an eye on this one Gott. I purchased it last week for a 'reasonable price'. Then 'Emma' started e:mailing me. She told me ebay had told her the wrong postage calculation (ebay doesn't do this as far as I know) and she required (quite a bit) more money before posting. I said no (I'm not into extortion), so she cancelled the sale and put it back up on ebay. I even explained it was for my son who, having a disability, didn't find picking up intersts very easy, but had got into these funny cameras and was excited about the lenses coming. Heart of stone. I reported the seller to ebay and reported the item as a fraudulent sale. Still waiting for my money to go back into my Paypal. It's apparently pending, but it's a lot longer wait than usual.

Well done btw. Easy come, easy go and all that. I hope the sale goes smoothly. They do look nice. I doubt ebay will bother their arse over it.

Yes it is - thank you VERY much for the heads up... I'll see what happens..

Either way Ive got the Industar at least.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

No problem. Out of interest what did you pay? I paid £55, which I'm still waiting to go back into my a/c.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

No problem. Out of interest what did you pay? I paid £55, which I'm still waiting to go back into my a/c.

As per PM - £80, given I figured they;d been listed three days and no bids/watchers, so 50% over the starting bid price..

No to wait and see.... ughf...

(Oh well my good luck had to end at some point... Very Happy )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a Topcor 58/1.8 1964 vintage. Looks puny even on my 6D but packs quite a punch. Bright and sharp.

I replaced the native Exakta mount with an after-market M42 and use that adapter for EOS. Much more secure than the Exakta-EOS adapters I have. And I get infinity.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
Finally, a Topcor 58/1.8 1964 vintage. Looks puny even on my 6D but packs quite a punch. Bright and sharp.

I replaced the native Exakta mount with an after-market M42 and use that adapter for EOS. Much more secure than the Exakta-EOS adapters I have. And I get infinity.

Very nice acquisition indeed & excellent work adapting it to your specific needs. Love the seasonal pics which accompany the post. Best, jt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came in today:
SMC Pentax 85-210mm 1:4.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And ongoing in the Legacy Pentax zooms theme:

Pentax-m 35-70 2.8-3.5 and Rikenon 55mm 2.2 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Pentax-m 35-70 2.8-3.5 and Rikenon 55mm 2.2 by The lens profile, on Flickr

The Rikenon is a side catch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss 2,8/25 Distagon T* ZF.2 Reply with quote

Recently acquired another Zeiss lens, a 25/2.8 Distagon. This one is fairly new, as it is a ZF.2 with CPU contacts. The optical design is anything but new, and the 25/2.8 regularly gets eviscerated by lens 'testers' as they do lab tests and declare what an awful lens it is. I've used it enough to say that they're right in particular details, and yet they're very wrong overall. They pick it apart on specific details without ever taking it away from their lab and its 2D test targets and into the real, 3D world.

Anyway, end rant. Here's my latest acquisition. Notice the close focus distance of 0.17m!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss 2,8/25 Distagon Samples Reply with quote

A few samples from the Zeiss 25/2.8. I snapped these on a walk yesterday. Clearly its abundant and overwhelming optical inferiority prevents it from producing any kind of reasonable image. Damn. I shoulda bought a modern, kilo-and-a half 35mm prime lens...

Close up of a Bird of Paradise

Close up of a lily.

A group of ducks (and a cormorant) scattering when I stepped out from behind a tree.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous! Looks like it’s in great shape. Does it function okay?