Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
J’appuie birthday Wolfgang !
🎂

Merci Olivier!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
wolfhansen wrote:
My birthday (self-) gift Laughing

Carl Zeiss (West) Ultron 1.8/50mm in M42

Really nice birthday gift! Like 1 small

Thats true - but i need a lens hood & orig. caps to made it complete...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron Adaptall 35-80 f2.8-3.5 zoom. The early non SP variant. Had this lens way back and loved it on the D200. Looking forward to it on my D750, just waiting for the adapter!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of an odd one today, got an "Exakta" TL500, which for a Petri-built SLR seems to have retained a little Teutonic chunkiness.... And it came with this:

Can't find much about it, but it is stamped made in Japan.

Had to wedge the aperture pin a bit for it to work on an EOS/M42 mount but it doesn't seem too bad..

Shot at f/5.6 on a full-frame: unprocessed other than exposure

Anyone else come across this?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not giving much to go on Gott Smile, but it looks a bit like a Cosina of late 60s/'70s vintage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
You're not giving much to go on Gott Smile, but it looks a bit like a Cosina of late 60s/'70s vintage.

lol.. I'll get some proper images shortly; i'm in the middle of relocating and to say I'm surrounded by chaos is an understatement... and having more glass arrive isn't helping either...... Laugh 1

(saying that, I just got a Zenit EM with a Helios 44M stuck on it for a pittance...)

I'll get some better shots up later when I get back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXAKTAR AUTO 1.8 50mm I presume.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

lol.. I'll get some proper images shortly; i'm in the middle of relocating and to say I'm surrounded by chaos is an understatement... and having more glass arrive isn't helping either...... Laugh 1

(saying that, I just got a Zenit EM with a Helios 44M stuck on it for a pittance...)

I'll get some better shots up later when I get back.

It's giving a lovely bit of rendering whatever it is Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted twice.

Last edited by Sciolist on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late model Super-Takumar F2.8/105.

This shot doesn't do it justice. It's worse in reality, poor thing. But it's hard to show this stuff.

I've never seen a scratch coverage of 100% on a front element, but here it is. The glow you see is coming from a chip in the optic, just off-centre. As the lens is a bit soft and flary wide open even when it was new apparently, this can't help! The good point is that it's so scratched up, you can't see the fungus that's in there Wink.

But strangely -

Wide open 2.8 Fuji x-e1, standard setting, all parameters zeroed, no pp.

Auto white balance has messed up a bit, unless it's the lens. Background should be an old English white, but I only took one shot so...

To my eye, it looks like it may be quite hard to completely kill off a portrait lens. At least indoors. Outside may be very different, we'll see. I was itching to do a bit of pp to bring it up. Although in beaten up shape, the focus and aperture are smooth in operation. What were AOC using for lubricant back then? The tears of Unicorns?

I'm going to clean it up and see what I can do for it. Someone pass the sharpie Laughing.

EDIT: I knew I'd ave to go back and do something with it. So...

Last edited by Sciolist on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

It's giving a lovely bit of rendering whatever it is Like 1

Thanks!

Still haven;t shot the lens itself - light/space is horrid right now; you should see my ebay photos.. ughf...

However, did get a few shots with it earlier.. and see for yourselves.....

Those are unprocessed except exposure where necessary

more and full-size here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmBNyBuH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really should stop late night ebaying..

I'm now apparently the owner of a Rodenstock Retina-Eurygon 35mm f/4 and a Schneider-Krueznach Retina-Tele-Xenar 135mm f/4

So how easy are Retina mount lenses to adapt? Is there a basic m42 adapter??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

Is your lens a DKL mount Gott?

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-dkl-lens-thread-t65951.html

I bought a dkl to m42 a few months ago from China. About £10 and it's fine.

It's not my thing but dkl mount lens makers managed to make themselves incompatible with each other I think (please check), but the adaptor accomodates these variations. Mine will do Kodak and Voigtlander appparently. It works on the Voigt certainly.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

Is your lens a DKL mount Gott?

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-dkl-lens-thread-t65951.html

I bought a dkl to m42 a few months ago from China. About £10 and it's fine.

It's not my thing but dkl mount lens makers managed to make themselves incompatible with each other I think (please check), but the adaptor accommodates these variations. Mine will do Kodak and Voigtlander apparently. It works on the Voigt certainly.

Good luck.

Thanks for that!

Yeah they do appear to be dkl mount but oddly enough I may have sourced an original Kodak Retina-M42 adapter locally.. Just waiting on an answer..

I got these simply because I was looking for some relatively inexpensive examples of early West German glass to try and came across the pair for what will be a steal if they turn out ok... A Rodenstock would definitely be out of my budget generally.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday a very compact and early preset Takumar 200mm f/5.6. The mechanical quality of Takumars is second to none really. Perfectly smooth operation of focus and aperture on this 60 year old lens, a true pleasure, especially for 25€ (original leather case, metal hood and caps included).

Today A Tomioka made Revuenon 55/1.4 for a steal, a Kiron 105mm/2.8 macro, and this weekend I'm going to pick up a Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 ais 🤗🤗🤗

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/siqs1lDNE-o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
https://youtu.be/siqs1lDNE-o

Definitely guilty 🙄

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and finally some pics of that Exaktar 50mm f/1.8 auto

and in situ:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks just like this one: http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/1097-carenar-auto-50mm-f-1-8-16

I would guess it was made by Cosina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't resist. Minolta MD 17mm/F4, the widest Minolta rectilinear lens.
Hopefully the lens will be better than the picture from the seller:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to stay away from eBay. I picked up a very nice, Nikkor 135/2.8 AIS. I don’t need another 135. But Glass is clean and clear. I immediately took it out to snap some pics of the California poppies in bloom on local hillsides. I was tempted by a Super Takumar 135/3.5, but I resisted. This time.

Then I stumbled across a Carl Zeiss 35/2 Distagon at a yard sale. The front element looks it was cleaned with a rotary grinding burr. I bought it anyway. And unless I point it into the sun, it works great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's been a canon FL 55-135mm at the thrift store for awhile, and i'd passed on it as i'm generally not into zoom lenses, but this week they marked it down to $5 and I couldn't pass on that.. did some reasearch on it and found this blog about it:

https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/possibly-canons-earliest-zoom.5506580/

.. and it turns out, mine is one serial number younger than the one in the blog post! separated at birth (and by a few oceans!)

she's quite heavy, but being a canon lens, takes some predictably quite lovely photos.. will post results after i get them transferred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
there's been a canon FL 55-135mm at the thrift store for awhile, and i'd passed on it as i'm generally not into zoom lenses, but this week they marked it down to $5 and I couldn't pass on that.. did some reasearch on it and found this blog about it:

https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/possibly-canons-earliest-zoom.5506580/

.. and it turns out, mine is one serial number younger than the one in the blog post! separated at birth (and by a few oceans!)

she's quite heavy, but being a canon lens, takes some predictably quite lovely photos.. will post results after i get them transferred

It is an excellent lens, and for its time I would even say outstanding.
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added 2 lenses this month.
1st one isn't on my wanted list, but couldn't
resist for $5.
Formula 5 85-210 f4.5 with case caps and hood in excellent condition.
Made by Sun Optical in approx 1976.

Second lens Ive wanted for quite awhile.

Minolta Auto Rokkor 58mm f1.4 AR2 version. It's really clean with perfect optics, but someone has had it apart and threaded the helicoil in wrong.
Should be an easy fix, and at $18.50 shipped a bargain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

It is an excellent lens, and for its time I would even say outstanding.
Tom

a bit heavier than i'd prefer for freehand, but it's got the tripod mount so might give that a try, definitely seems worth it