Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this neat Sonnagar 135mm / f2.8 today, but i can't find much info about it.. anyone know who made it / what that mount is?

(is it praktica?)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri lenses have a pin right where the screw is on the mounting blade of your lens, that's a possibility. A very interesting looking lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
Petri lenses have a pin right where the screw is on the mounting blade of your lens, that's a possibility. A very interesting looking lens.

have found some evidence now that it may be praktiNA mount, which is interesting but man the adapter is expensive

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:

The thing attached to the bellows turned out to be a Photopia 135mm f/2.5 - with 12 blades at least.

So a few more toys to try out... Very Happy

I have a feeling these lenses, which can be seen with different names, may have been an order fulfilled by Komine, and partly Cosina, who Komine brought in to help. I wish I could remember where I read that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to find one of these Viv 28mm f2's in PKA mount so I bid somewhat more. Waiting for the weather to improve to try.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 80-200mm 1:4.5 mc zoom by The lens profile, on Flickr

Komine Vivitar 80-200mm 1:4.5 early eighties.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Difficult to find one of these Viv 28mm f2's in PKA mount so I bid somewhat more. Waiting for the weather to improve to try.

Komine Marcus? Or is the lens too early for the serial number coding they introduced.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as you can see that's a 28xxxx = komine.
Examples of these in PKA are likely to be late production, PKA mount was introduced by pentax 1984/5 IIRC. Serial indicates 1984. I don't really know the dates these were manufactured however, but given that we pretty much don't see the kino (kiron) made Viv 28 f2's (they can be found as kirons) in PKA I assume these komines came after those.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Yes as you can see that's a 28xxxx = komine.
Examples of these in PKA are likely to be late production, PKA mount was introduced by pentax 1984/5 IIRC. Serial indicates 1984. I don't really know the dates these were manufactured however, but given that we pretty much don't see the kino (kiron) made Viv 28 f2's (they can be found as kirons) in PKA I assume these komines came after those.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya/Sekor 55 mm F/1,4 lens in M42 mount

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtländer Ultron 2/50mm.
It comes with the Voigtländer Prominent I rangefinder from 1953-57.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 35mm/F1.8 (version MD II):

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 28mm/F2.8 (2nd MD III 5/5 version):

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good day at the local Camera Fair, trawling through the boxes of crap the dealers throw under their tables. I find all my best stuff like this. Rolling Eyes

Tamron BBAR. MC. 200 / 3.5 ( 04B ) for £3, filthy dirty with a bit of fungus - it's cleaned up perfectly, a nice lens.

Another Tamron, but an older Adaptamatic 200 / 3.5 with a M42 adapter - in mint condition with original caps. It's a great lens for £15.

Yet another Soligor 135 / 2.8, this is a Sun version in lovely condition, and a decent performer. I have others, but I can't resist a £2 lens

Soligor CD 45-150 / 3.5 by Tokina and in great condition, especially for £5. As yet untested, but it sits nicely with my other CD lenses.

More Tamron, Rolling Eyes the 07A Ultra Compact Zoom 28-50 /3.5 -4.5. Very nice lens in good condition, another £5 lens.

My extravagance of the day was the delightful A. Schacht. ULM. EM Travenar 50 / 2.8 Macro, I have a 100 / 3.3 Schacht in the same zebra series which I really like, so £40 for this lovely pre set lens in very good condition was fine by me. It is a very decent performing lens as well, I'm happy.
Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
… I'm happy. Laughing

So you should be at those prices. So what's going on top of the Dealers table's these days Lloydy. Could you be our roving reporter for a minute?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: ultron varieties Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Voigtländer Ultron 2/50mm.
It comes with the Voigtländer Prominent I rangefinder from 1953-57.

Famous Tronnier optical construction. Apparently some mechanical varieties: metal colour front ring and then black . Last version with two slightly ribbed rings instead of just one. All according to Prochnow vol II page 64. Possibly more variety.

p.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely Staeble Telexon 135mm f3.5 for my Leica. Quite a rare beast. Happy to pay £75. Can't wait to try it out!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Canon Rangefinders Reply with quote

I have just created a couple of days ago a website devoted to Canon rangefinders and lenses 1936 to 1975
https://www.canonrangefinder.org
This is still a work in process, but is maybe half complete. I have also added two pages on Minolta-35 cameras and lenses and
I hope to add pages on Leotax, Nicca, Reid, and other historic rangefinders using the M39 screw mount.
Have a look... hope you will find of interest. Also, all corrections, additions, comments welcome at
huffman@gmx.com
thanks, Larry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Mamiya/Sekor 55 mm F/1,4 lens in M42 mount

those produce quite lovely colors, have heard they're manufactured by tomioka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: correction Reply with quote

Above I quoted Prochnow, but it is not volume II but chapter II of his "Voigtländer report"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My birthday (self-) gift Laughing

Carl Zeiss (West) Ultron 1.8/50mm in M42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 105 2.8 Super-Takumar that looks like it's just came back from one too many combat assignments. Having a bit of a reputation for being soft and flary even when new (I've read), it will be interesting to see what I can do with this ones chipped and scratched optics. Paint wise, I've always thought this lens body design is one of the few that wears it's 'patina' very well. There's a Nikon range that is the similar in this regard. Should arrive for some much needed r&r in the next few days.

EDIT: I'm letting my imagination run away with me. It's probably been rattling around in the bottom of a kids toy box! That'll be a humid toybox. The optics are fungussed too. Oh joy!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: correction Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
Above I quoted Prochnow, but it is not volume II but chapter II of his "Voigtländer report"

Thank you Paul 🙂

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J’appuie birthday Wolfgang !
🎂

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
My birthday (self-) gift Laughing

Carl Zeiss (West) Ultron 1.8/50mm in M42

Really nice birthday gift! Like 1 small