Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="stevemark"]
blotafton wrote:
Interesting stuff.

The first one is a Mamiya Sekor E 2.8/35mm. Should be a great lens! It's one of the two Sekor E lenses i've never owned myself (the other one is the Sekor E 4/300mm).

Stephan

Indeed! I was surprised that there was an adapter available for it.

Do you have have reviews or photos taken with the other lenses in the system?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a radioactive Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 as part of a set with a Praktica Super TL; has a tiny bit of fungus round the edges of the front element but that doesn't appear to be affecting it..

Tried a few shots at lunchtime and WOW. Sharpness is amazing; tried it at around f/8 and it's pin sharp - no sign of the fungus affecting contrast or sharpness. Tones are also quite warm out the box as such..

It also came with a Pentacon 29mm f/2.8 multi coated version with a tiny bit of fungus as well; but that might require attention compared to the Pancolar...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blotafton"]
stevemark wrote:
blotafton wrote:
Interesting stuff.

The first one is a Mamiya Sekor E 2.8/35mm. Should be a great lens! It's one of the two Sekor E lenses i've never owned myself (the other one is the Sekor E 4/300mm).

Stephan

Indeed! I was surprised that there was an adapter available for it.

Do you have have reviews or photos taken with the other lenses in the system?

No, since i don't have an adapter! I have been shooting with the common Sekor E lenses quite extensively (2.8/28, 3.5/28, 1.4 and 1.7/50, 3.5 and 2.8/135, 4/200, 3.8/80-200), back in the 1980s, but i've never compared them on digital cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So some quick shots with the radioactive Pancolar 50;

20 secs at f/22, ISO 50

Rest are around the f/8 mark..

No PP other than exposure as needed and a slight shift in WB to offset the yellow tint..

and a crop for the detail:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
So some quick shots with the radioactive Pancolar 50;

20 secs at f/22, ISO 50

Rest are around the f/8 mark..

No PP other than exposure as needed and a slight shift in WB to offset the yellow tint..

and a crop for the detail:

You should try it with a helical or extension rings forma macro,it should work pretty good, the pancolar i've tried was very sharp3 lens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

You should try it with a helical or extension rings forma macro,it should work pretty good, the pancolar i've tried was very sharp3 lens

Like 1 small

And guess who also got some cheap Pentacon extension tubes recently.. Laugh 1

I'm figuring to have a bash with them at the weekend and was thinking of trying my Sonnar 135mm f/3.5 but I might as well try the Pancolar as well while I'm at it.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Till now,i've only tried flek and it has impressed me a lot with the rings,great potential for macro in FF,maybe i should try Pentacon 50mm....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A SMC Pentax 150mm f/4 is probably arriving today. Anybody any experience with these?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
A SMC Pentax 150mm f/4 is probably arriving today. Anybody any experience with these?

I have the Super-Takumar 4/150 which is quite exceptional.
I think that the SMC Pentax is the same optics but with better coatings.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice picture. I guess you used some close-up rings to make this picture?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
That's a nice picture. I guess you used some close-up rings to make this picture?

No, it's a big flower Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

No, it's a big flower Smile
Tom

Laugh 1

Gorgeous shot tho!

Like 1

OK, this is NOT an MF picture but.. I'm not quite sure at what point macro starts turning into microscope... o.0

I'll have a try with my extension tubes at the weekend and see if I can get this level of detail via an MF lens as well.. (Obviously shooting full frame does give you the benefit of a much greater level of detail..)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest lens is a Kamero Auto 35mm f2.8 in m42 mount. Nice clean example with am switch.
This is the Mitake made version. I can't wait to try it out.

Forgot to mention this is my lens for the month of Febuary. Sense it was only $16 shipped, I might add one more then lens this month.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Latest lens is a Kamero Auto 35mm f2.8 in m42 mount. Nice clean example with am switch.
This is the Mitake made version. I can't wait to try it out.

Forgot to mention this is my lens for the month of Febuary. Sense it was only $16 shipped, I might add one more then lens this month.

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Hexanon AR 28/3.5 and it produces very nice images - Pine Logs is a sample.
Recently I found a Hexanon AR 35mm f2.8 and am hoping it is as good.
T

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Zorki 4 with a black Jupiter 8 2/50mm lens.
Camera is also working.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got another random ebay lot and there's mystery lens with it..

So any ideas what it could be?

All I can figure is that it's an f/2.8 and a 135mm or longer.. I'm presuming its an M42.. For context it was with a Praktica TL and a couple of obviously Pentacon lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Looks like a Beriflex.

No name ring?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the post, so not had a hands-on with it yet.. though, I think you're right. Just checked it at allphotolenses and it's pretty much a match..

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_4353.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
It's in the post, so not had a hands-on with it yet.. though, I think you're right. Just checked it at allphotolenses and it's pretty much a match..

Rather than the retail name (I think I've also seen it with another name), it might be interesting to track down the manufacturer/factory it came out of. There may be a nice surprise. You never know.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
So I got another random ebay lot and there's mystery lens with it..

So any ideas what it could be?

All I can figure is that it's an f/2.8 and a 135mm or longer.. I'm presuming its an M42.. For context it was with a Praktica TL and a couple of obviously Pentacon lenses.

My Topcor 58mm is same colour with black rubber grip , the only gray lens i have

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

Rather than the retail name (I think I've also seen it with another name), it might be interesting to track down the manufacturer/factory it came out of. There may be a nice surprise. You never know.

Manufacturer unknown at this time. The lens was sold under atleast a dozen different names.
Serial number will start with a 6 or 7.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

extension rings

Laugh 1

That's approximately 10mm from top to bottom.. Very Happy

(at 33% of original: https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7869/46422764704_5a57fb0c59_o.jpg )

That was with a flektogon 35/2.8 - but I've been a bit sick with a bad back and not had much chance to play with it too much more.

Great for abstractions though:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those could be pretty awesome as a large print.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 105/2.5 coming my way😁😁😁😁