Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Telewastener 135mm fell through so I consoled myself with a Pentacon 30mm f/3.5; a Lydith in all but name.. Only shot it at 3. 5 so far but it is very impressive..

Currently in the post;

Prakticar 29mm f/2.8 in M42 mount - the Made in Japan version, and from what I gather made by Sigma

An M42 mount E. Ludwig Meritar 50mm f/2.8 (on a Praktica IV)

And finally, a CZJ Flektogon 35mm f/2.8 zebra version I got relatively cheap.


PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
kypfer wrote:

The chilli was photographed with a 10mm extension tube at f/5.6 by window light using my Samsung NX5.


Superb definition and colour.
Beautiful.
Tom


Thanks.
That shot was straight from the camera, just trimmed the width and resized for posting!
I'm very pleased with it Smile


PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, it feels like a bit of a lottery win day today!

My bank send me a text message earlier this morning saying they're paying me some compensation for messing up my account for about a month. I figure I might spend a little of it on some items I'd had been watching on eBay;

So now in the post, I have;

A Praktica LLC with screwed battery contacts, but with a Zebra Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 fitted on the front of it..

An early silver CZJ 50mm f/2.8 Tessar attached to a Praktica IV

and a Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 which my offer was accepted on..

Very Happy


Out of interest, anyone got an experience of how the Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 compares to the Oreston Meyer versions? (esp since it's an evolution of it as such..)


PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
the Telewastener 135mm


?????????????????


PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
the Telewastener 135mm


?????????????????


Should be "Tele-Westanar", i think ...:
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_2495.html

Steve


PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to add Atleast one lens a month to my collection. I forgot to post my lens for January.

Auto Miranda 100mm f2.8 lens. Almost 7 years ago I posted on the forum I wanted one, but wouldn't spend over $30 bucks.
Well I got one for $29 shipped. Also bought a Vintage Vivitar 46mm lens hood that appears to be real close in size to the original Miranda hood. Paid $5.45.


PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I'm trying to add Atleast one lens a month to my collection. I forgot to post my lens for January.

Auto Miranda 100mm f2.8 lens. Almost 7 years ago I posted on the forum I wanted one, but wouldn't spend over $30 bucks.
Well I got one for $29 shipped. Also bought a Vintage Vivitar 46mm lens hood that appears to be real close in size to the original Miranda hood. Paid $5.45.

I have that one as well, somewhere in cupboard. Sadly i never tried it on the A7 series, since i don't own the corresponding adapter ...


PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
sergtum wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
the Telewastener 135mm


?????????????????


Should be "Tele-Westanar", i think ...:
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_2495.html

Steve


i agree, Should be "Tele-Westanar"


PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
walter g wrote:
I'm trying to add Atleast one lens a month to my collection. I forgot to post my lens for January.

Auto Miranda 100mm f2.8 lens. Almost 7 years ago I posted on the forum I wanted one, but wouldn't spend over $30 bucks.
Well I got one for $29 shipped. Also bought a Vintage Vivitar 46mm lens hood that appears to be real close in size to the original Miranda hood. Paid $5.45.

I have that one as well, somewhere in cupboard. Sadly i never tried it on the A7 series, since i don't own the corresponding adapter ...


Yea, the only adapter I have is for m4/3. I never bought the Miranda to Sony E mount adapter.
The big question with this lens is sharpness wide open. I guess we'll see in a few days.


PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Canon FDn 200mm F4 Reply with quote







Can someone tell, if this was the first Canon IF lens?
Which one was the first ever?

Anyway, after discovering IF folks at Canon went bollocks and made the focusing on this one outright flimsy.
At times focus ring feels like it isn't connected to anything.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC01303 by Mr TTT, on Flickr


PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A humble Auto Rikenon 50mm 2.0 (M42) with a nice rubber grip focusing ring on a great looking Ricoh Singlex II.
I hope it is as good as some people say!


PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something beautiful arrived in the post this morning...



PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff.



PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Interesting stuff.



1. Yashica 35/2.8 ?
2 Topcor GN 50/1.4 ?

p/s Recently arrived Nikkor 35/2.8 (K). Sorry soft on one side ( (Sony A7R2)



PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sergun"]
blotafton wrote:
Interesting stuff.



1. Yashica 35/2.8 ?
2 Topcor GN 50/1.4 ?


1 Incorrect
2 Correct!


PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubinar 4.5/300mm + Rubinar 5.6/500mm

Rubinar 4.5/300mm:





PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Kilfitt Makro-Kilar 90mm f/2.8.
The lens that I have been looking for the longest (since I started collecting lenses).

And at last I have found one.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:
A Kilfitt Makro-Kilar 90mm f/2.8.
The lens that I have been looking for the longest (since I started collecting lenses).

And at last I have found one.


Congrats. The bokeh is very unique.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's been a bit of a deluge from eBay after winning a couple of camera and lens sets with new additions including

E. Ludwig Meritar 50mm f/2.9 M42 mount, which actually has a metal lens hood to go with it.. It's soo small though.. Very Happy

A late 50s CJZ Tessar 50mm f/2.8 which is mechanically perfect but I think the glass looks a little duller compared to my other stiff copy

A Zebra 50mm f/2.8 Tessar - optically gorgeous, but needs aperture fixed

A Zebra Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 - requiring it's aperture fixed and optically similar to the Tessar

Pentacon Electric 135mm f/2.8 - I got two, but one's got a fungus growing in one of the inner elements. Sad

An early(?) Pentacon 29mm, f/2.8 - Export version I presume given it's marked "Made in GDR" on the front.

In the post there's an ISCO - Gottingen Edixa-Iscotar 50mm f/2 in M42 mount and one final Praktica job lot including a Zebra Pancolar 50 and multi-coated Pentacon 29mm f/2.8

However highlight of the week, so far as I've not tested a few of the above yet, has to be the Flektogon 35mm f/2.8 I got; It's quite something, especially given how close you can focus..





no PP other than exposure upped about a stop and shot wide open at 1600 ISO on a full-frame.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Lucse wrote:
A Kilfitt Makro-Kilar 90mm f/2.8.
The lens that I have been looking for the longest (since I started collecting lenses).

And at last I have found one.


Congrats. The bokeh is very unique.


Thanks. The special bokeh was the main reason why I had been longing to get this lens.
But for such an oldy it's really sharp too.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is enlarger's bronze/chrome Componon 180 mm f5.6. I spend all weekend fixing it to the bellow bayonet to fit it on camera. As result I got an incredible sharp lens, about kilo in weight. It needs about 1 feet of extension and the bellow's construction is to flimsy.
At the same time I have fixed El-Nikkor 75mm-f4 on helicoid to Sony. Good, relatively sharp and lightweight lens. It is Tessar design with all it pro and contra.

Componon 180/5,6 on infinity.

#1


PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiratone 85mm f/1.8. The lens seemed to have been opened from the back. I guess probably to repair a stuck aperture, which is a very common issue with this lens.


PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Interesting stuff.


The first one is a Mamiya Sekor E 2.8/35mm. Should be a great lens! It's one of the two Sekor E lenses i've never owned myself (the other one is the Sekor E 4/300mm).

Stephan


PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FDn 200mm F4 Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:


Can someone tell, if this was the first Canon IF lens?

No, it wasn't.

aidaho wrote:

Which one was the first ever?

The Canon FD 4.5/400mm IF

aidaho wrote:

Anyway, after discovering IF folks at Canon went bollocks and made the focusing on this one outright flimsy.
At times focus ring feels like it isn't connected to anything.


Both the IF as well as some Floating focusing lenses AND some "normal focusing" lenses (e. g. the FD 2.8/300mm Fluorite) use some sliding bearings. The plastic material often is completely disintegrated, resulting in lots of play.

Stephan