Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good day at the local Camera Fair, and for a change sold far more that I bought. Rolling Eyes In fact....I only bought two lenses.

First...I bought a Russian 500 / 8 mirror lens that I had never seen or heard of before, and it was filthy, a really nasty looking thing. But it was cheap at £30 and looked good under the dirt. And the LSOZ MC 3M-5CA is actually near perfect given it's age and obvious history of neglect.
Apparently this is sometimes known as "the Matsukov lens" after its designer? Whatever, it's a really nice lens and very sharp.

My other bargain was an old Vivitar 35-105 / 3.5 Close Focus, with Vivitar's TX Mount. But without an actual mount adapter I only paid £3 for it. I've got plenty of TX mounts. Wink Again, it was unknown lens to me but the numbers said it was an early Tokina and worth a chance for the price. I've taken maybe 3 pictures with each lens, and the Vivitar has all the makings of a very good and useful lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujinon Fisheye 1.8/2.7mm
Bell & Howell 1.3/32 - 65mm
Spiratone Minitel 8/500mm T-mount
Zeiss Ultron 1.8/50mm M42
Meostigmat 1.0/70mm
Biotar Cine 1.4/50mm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Canon FL 50mm f1.4
My son has been telling me for ages what a great lens this is and I have finally found one for cheap.
Mucho gratias my son
Tom

Congrats wonderful lens, looking forward to seeing some shots Tom!!

calvin83 wrote:
Macro-S-Quinon, very heavy lens.

Congrats Looking forward to seeing it and some shots with it!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

calvin83 wrote:
Macro-S-Quinon, very heavy lens.

Congrats Looking forward to seeing it and some shots with it!!

It will take sometime for the lens arrives my home and more time for CLA. May be you will see the photos in this autumn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Canon FL 50mm f1.4
My son has been telling me for ages what a great lens this is and I have finally found one for cheap.
Mucho gratias my son
Tom

Congrats wonderful lens, looking forward to seeing some shots Tom!!

Thanks Klaus - it is still coming - slow boat from somewhere.
Will certainly post some images when it arrives
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First...I bought a Russian 500 / 8 mirror lens that I had never seen or heard of before, and it was filthy, a really nasty looking thing. But it was cheap at £30 and looked good under the dirt. And the LSOZ MC 3M-5CA is actually near perfect given it's age and obvious history of neglect.
Apparently this is sometimes known as "the Matsukov lens" after its designer? Whatever, it's a really nice lens and very sharp.

Yes, 3M is actually ZM, and stands for both the Maksutov Mirror (lens) by the designers name, and the Russian acronym of the meniscus-mirror lens. I had the ZM-5-A , the all metal version with built in retractable hood and 2 tripod mounts. It had a screw-in front cap made of such a thick machined metal, that it would probably stop some pistol bullets)
Mine also came with huge original leather case and a full set of 77mm filters, including the ND one =)
It's a fun lens to use for a day or two, but I was completely upset with IQ and handed it over to fellow photographer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retail therapy again but could not resist
Minolta MD 24 mm 2.8 8/8
Minolta MC rokkor PF 85mm 1.7 (rubber verd\son)
Probably need to see a doctor for buying things I don't need. Still very nice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3.5 200mm M42 Reply with quote

Adding one more preset Komura to the list:
dirty looking Sankyo Kohki Komura f/3.5 200mm in M42 UNI mount.
I hope it will clean to a nice condition.

Missed two interesting ones:
f/2.5 35mm preset
f/2 135mm preset (one of the four fast preset teles made by Komura; sold for three times my bid... which I naively thought was high enough to have a little chance!)

EDIT:
Nobody else posted a new message, so I'm adding two super-cheap newfound lenses.
The first is a Revuenon 2.8/135mm, in M42 mount and with the characteristic leatherette ring.
The second is a Soligor Auto 2.5/135mm.
Comparing the look of the Revuenon with the 55mm marked Tomioka, it seems they have an almost identical build.
The Soligor could be a Sun.
Any clue?

cheers

Paolo

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it'll stay in the collection for long but it certainly seems interesting. I like the handling but I'm not sure yet if the IQ warrants the bulk.

Canon nFD 35-105mm f/3.5

It couldn't pass it up at 50€, though it's not as much as a bargain as the Vivitar Series 1 90-180/4.5 flat-field macro zoom that's on it's way to me (also 50€).

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sears 200 f3,5 in case, like new, from flea market.
Was skeptical , but this lens has surprised me. Pretty sharp, there are some purple/green CA on the edges, but it is curable with Lightroom photoshop.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topcor S 50mm f2 in leica screwmount ,after some long term patience, for around £90 in good user condition, some slight damage to the filter thread but hoods still fit.

Looks a nice find so far.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
Topcor S 50mm f2 in leica screwmount ,after some long term patience, for around £90 in good user condition, some slight damage to the filter thread but hoods still fit.

Looks a nice find so far.

Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm asking your opinion about the Soligor 2.5/135mm portrayed in my previous post (same page).
Sun or late Sankor?
I took for granted it was Sun-made, but I have seen a very similar M/A switch on late, non zebra (Auto) Sankor lenses...

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one for 50€, a Vivitar Series 1 90-180mm f/4.5 "Flat Field Zoom" in Canon FD mount:

Just a quick test:

90mm f/11:

135mm f/11:

180mm f/11:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens and love it although it is heavy and ideally needs to be used on a tripod.

You bought it for a very good price and it looks to be in excellent condition. Mine cost me a lot more!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several Canon FL lenses that delight in their performance.
When this one came along - 200mm f4.5 - I decided to chance it as it was very cheap.
I am interested to see it compare with the Canon FDn 4/200 that is simply wonderful.
It will be an interesting comparison.
T

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand,

I recently purchased the Canon FL 200mm f4.5 myself. I was attracted by the size and weight ... And the very low price. I am hoping it is hand holdable on a bright day. I love the A/M switches on the FLs.

I have no prime 200s. If you get a chance, let us know your comparative findings.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmkmva wrote:
Oldhand,

I recently purchased the Canon FL 200mm f4.5 myself. I was attracted by the size and weight ... And the very low price. I am hoping it is hand holdable on a bright day. I love the A/M switches on the FLs.

I have no prime 200s. If you get a chance, let us know your comparative findings.

Yes, that is on the to-do list, definitely.
I am looking forward to doing it Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PZO Krystar 2.8 85mm + 50mm for EUR15

Results see here: http://forum.mflenses.com/crazy-and-cheap-pzo-projection-lens-t79249.html

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax-K 28mm f/3.5.
Have to wait for it to arrive though.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Pentax-K 28mm f/3.5.
Have to wait for it to arrive though.

Great lens - my favourite 28mm.
Enjoy
Tom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robotar 35mm f2.8 M42 mount. Very sharp lens, haven't much info on it though.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solert wrote:
Robotar 35mm f2.8 M42 mount. Very sharp lens, haven't much info on it though.

Very curious about it, please let us know.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schneider Kreuznach 50mm 1.9 in Exakta mount, from 1969 I think.
Not fully operational (yet), aperture blades are rather sticky.
I hope its not too difficult to clean it.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to regard M42 zooms as a waste of time because by and large, they are of middling to poor quality as far as IQ goes.
I do have one excellent M42 zoom - the Super-Komura 75-150 f4.5.
Now I have a second - the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 85-210 f4.5.
This one: