Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FL 55-135 f3.5
This lens was released in 1964 and cost 49000 Yen - at the time that was ten weeks' salary.
Very cheap nowadays of course and a part of Canon lens history.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting Tom. I have a Sun 3.5/60-135 of the same vintage and I like it, it has a lot of character.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Looks interesting Tom. I have a Sun 3.5/60-135 of the same vintage and I like it, it has a lot of character.

Yes, it is a quite early one I think.
Unusual to see a tripod mount on a short zoom like this one.
I will post some images when I get time.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added as my first vintage lens the Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 early 8 elements version.

Helios 44-2 made by JOV and Helios 44-3 by MMZ are on transit, they should be here soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Focusthrow wrote:
Klaus---the elegance (simplicity) of this lens is striking! I know nothing about it--can you tell us a little about its history or any other pertinent facts. It sure looks to be a clean version too. jt

It is an old russian lens used for early computer chip making. High resolution, double gauss design.
Here shots with it: http://forum.mflenses.com/era-15-f4-5-125mm-takes-a-late-walk-t78042.html

Love the lens & the beautiful pics done with it--tx. jt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviator wrote:
Just added as my first vintage lens the Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 early 8 elements version.

Helios 44-2 made by JOV and Helios 44-3 by MMZ are on transit, they should be here soon.

Three good lenses there.
You can't go wrong with any of those.
Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 early 8 elements version is rare and a joy to use - like any of the Super-Takumars
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up these two Fujinon EBC lenses today. They were both a strong 9 in condition. The 35mm included the box, case and hood. They were advertised on Facebook Marketplace and were five minutes from my house!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a Carl Zeiss Visionar 1.6/100mm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
Finally a Carl Zeiss Visionar 1.6/100mm

The best of the whole series! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:
I picked up these two Fujinon EBC lenses today. They were both a strong 9 in condition. The 35mm included the box, case and hood. They were advertised on Facebook Marketplace and were five minutes from my house!

Congrats! Some good looking lenses!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
A FUJINON EFC 1:5.6/108 mini lab printer lens in LN condition. Laugh 1 It has 8 aperture blades and adjustable to F11.Here is the lens, the zebra focusing tube is not included.

Now that should be one SHARP lens!! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
kievuser wrote:
A FUJINON EFC 1:5.6/108 mini lab printer lens in LN condition. Laugh 1 It has 8 aperture blades and adjustable to F11.Here is the lens, the zebra focusing tube is not included.

Now that should be one SHARP lens!! Congrats!!

Thanks! Most of other FUNINON EFC lenses has a fixed aperture according to what I saw. It is at least as sharp as my Canon FD 100/2.8 S.S.C.

I saw an image of Nikon made UV lens 55/4 with 3 elments only. I wonder if it has anything to do with CZJ 60/4 UV?
This is a very rare lens as I never heard of it before.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Additions:
Minolta MD 135 f2.8
Tamron SP 60-300 f3.8-5.4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tominon 135mm f4.5 mm:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1499340/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a minty Sears(Samyang?) one-touch 28-200 f/4.-5.6 M42 mount.
Ten bucks, shipped. Looks very similar to Tokina of same vintage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big R wrote:
Latest Additions:

That SP 60-300 is a nifty lens with very good IQ and impressive focal range.

A thread I started about using a tripod collar on it may be of interest to you. I'll update the image links if interested,
but they simply repeat what Jieffe posted above it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Heliar 2.8/40 How things change over time. Reply with quote

I didn't 'get' this lens when Voigtlander first introduced it in 2013. The lens itself cost $400, was in M mount, and didn't have a focusing helicoid. The only way it would work was when attached to Voigtlander's VM-E close focus adapter for Sony E mount, which by itself cost an additional $300. I decided that I could give it a pass.

Fast forward to 2018. I now own a Voigtlander VM-E adapter (it came with a lens I purchased) and it turns out that the Heliar will autofocus with the Techart Pro adapter(that I also own). So, when I see a Heliar, in excellent condition, offered on Ebay for $200 I decide that it will fit right into my Voigtlander kit. And now the lens has been delivered.

It is a collapsing lens that was released with a tiny 'collar' type hood as well as a more standard hood. Both came with my lens. I will primarily be using it on an A7II where it will make a nice, compact package.

The lens is wonderfully sharp and has an excellent color rendering.

I am happy with it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big R wrote:
Latest Additions:
Minolta MD 135 f2.8

Nice grab--I had one of those Tamrons--think it is the 23A--it was very expensive when it came out and can really bring home the IQ. jt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Индустар-23У

it seems to me that $ 1.5 is not much for an indistar ...

first shot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won an auction of a Chinese UV 100mm F5.6 lens and a field microscope. I am still waiting for the UV lens,but the microscope has arrived.The microscope seems quite rare. It is the 1st one I have ever seen.
The UV lens has a higher resolution than its western counterpart and cost only about 30% according to a document.

And I am bidding(a bidding war) for an extremely rare Chinese military mirror 1000mm F8 lens that is different from my other one. Only 20+ lenses were ever made according to what I heard.

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I won an auction of a Chinese UV 100mm F5.6 lens and a field microscope. I am still waiting for the UV lens,but the microscope has arrived.The microscope seems quite rare. It is the 1st one I have ever seen.
The UV lens has a higher resolution than its western counterpart and cost only about 30% according to a document.

And I am bidding(a bidding war) for an extremely rare Chinese military mirror 1000mm F8 lens that is different from my other one. Only 20+ lenses were ever made according to what I heard.

Congrats!! Now THAT interests me a lot!! Let me guess, this is a quartz lens using fused silica? Doesn't look like a quartz fluorite
lens, or am I wrong? I says 254nm, so I think this is the wavelength it has been optimized for...?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. P. wrote:

Chinese Seagull-Biotar copy, looks nice!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
kievuser wrote:

Congrats!! Now THAT interests me a lot!! Let me guess, this is a quartz lens using fused silica? Doesn't look like a quartz fluorite
lens, or am I wrong? I says 254nm, so I think this is the wavelength it has been optimized for...?

I just found the Chinese company that made this lens. It says it is a quartz lens only. The 254nm is the wavelength of that filter. The lens is good for 200-900 nm. It also has another filter for 365nm IIRC. Compared to its original price, what I paid is a steal. It can be used as a normal macro lens. I hope the seller doesn't regret and withdraw the deal. The company also sells a UV 90mm F2 fast lens for RMB 60,000.00! and that is still a fraction of a US or German similar lens!! These are some real expensive optics for police or military.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a nice Fuji kit for 65 EUR.