Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I couldn't resist to buy a Carl Zeiss Distagon AKA Voigtlaender Color-Skoparex 35mm/F2.8 lens in M42 mount (attached to a Voigtlaender VSL1 (TM) camera in working condition) for a total of Euro 49.- which I consider as a bargain. The lens alone is commonly offered for apprx. 200 Euro nowadays (also the less interesting Zeiss Rollei QBM version). It's made in Singapore 1975 and therefore identical to the Rollei HFT version (same coatings).

I am already very curios as to how it will compare to my other lenses in that focal length. I will certainly give some feedback on that.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
Will be interesting to hear a comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
The lens alone is commonly offered for apprx. 200 Euro nowadays.

Maybe someone is trying to sell them for 200, but in reality they sell for 50-75eu on ebay all the time, 49 euros is a good price as it has a camera with it.

I paid 14ukp for one last week, just to complete the set as the Voigtlander badged one was the only Planar 1.8/50 variant I didn't already have. Mine was cheap because the focus was stiff. Fixed that with a quick re-greasing and it works like new.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice old Vorn preset came in; condition is quite good. This is a rather small lens, light in weight. I like the focal length and will live with the slow speed of this lens.

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:

Laugh 1

Congrats with that jewel! I have it as well, you'll enjoy it! I read your story on another (dutch) forum, excellent job!!

Cheers, René!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another digital projector lens, but this one has rather interesting specs:

f1.7-2.4/20-31.9mm 1.6x zoom

16 elements in 12 groups

Super Focus aspherical element

4 ED ultra-low dispersion elements

10-step iris, 6 blades

After removing from the projector, now to adapt it to camera use.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Today I couldn't resist to buy a Carl Zeiss Distagon AKA Voigtlaender Color-Skoparex 35mm/F2.8 lens in M42 mount (attached to a Voigtlaender VSL1 (TM) camera in working condition) for a total of Euro 49.- which I consider as a bargain. The lens alone is commonly offered for apprx. 200 Euro nowadays (also the less interesting Zeiss Rollei QBM version). It's made in Singapore 1975 and therefore identical to the Rollei HFT version (same coatings).

I am already very curios as to how it will compare to my other lenses in that focal length. I will certainly give some feedback on that.

Cheers,

E49! Like Dog