Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
http://forum.mflenses.com/super-multi-coated-takumar-11-9-85mm-m42-rare-lens-t46061.html

Gosh, vis, thanks. You really opened my eyes there. I didn't know. I did research the lens but I didn't find that information. I already felt good about buying the lens. Thanks to you, now I'm feeling GREAT!

Rare stuff is more fun than commonplace stuff. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

I do have many lenses, possibly too many, but in few years I will massively reduce my collection.
No worries, I will announce it here Wink

I don't have too many lenses but I do consider downsize my collection(less and less time for some of them). It will be a nice idea to keep the best ones and rarest ones only.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does that even mean? Too many lensess? I have some I would relinquish but, far more I covet: minolta md 58mm 1.2,topcon 85mm 1.8 zeiss galore.........my most recent samples with the schneider tele arton 90mm f4 dkl with pixco helical on a7ii (I think you will like....)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
What does that even mean? Too many lensess? I have some I would relinquish but, far more I covet: minolta md 58mm 1.2,topcon 85mm 1.8 zeiss galore.........my most recent samples with the schneider tele arton 90mm f4 dkl with pixco helical on a7ii (I think you will like....)

Unfortunately I have to agree to that Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice example in PK mount of one of the classic 17mm for a reasonable price - most often these or the tamrons bid up towards £100+. First impressions good - I'll post some pics.
Lens pic with my sigma miniwide 28mm.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acquired a Helios 44-2 zebra Serial number 0028529 for Usd:40/-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought some more projection lenses lately and done some sorting. I guess I'm hoarder now Smile.

Lenses with helical groove on the body (easy to adapt):

Lenses without any groove (hard to adapt):

A lot of work ahead of me adapting them to usable form.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:
I've bought some more projection lenses lately and done some sorting. I guess I'm hoarder now Smile.

Congrats Congrats Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:

Lenses with helical groove on the body (easy to adapt):

Lenses without any groove (hard to adapt):

A lot of work ahead of me adapting them to usable form.

A "hoarder" keeps his stuff - you're an ebay-seller, you just "invested",
you will convert them and make a good profit, right? Laugh 1

Nothing wrong with it though, we all have to make a living...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I start converting them I'm a hoarder, that's bad. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately...) that's a hobby, not my daily job, so I don't feel pressure and, for an instance, I've collected 32 pieces of soviet 50/1.2 projection lenses. That wasn't smart Smile. Anyway, it's addictive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of organising and cataloging my collection and after finding three lenses I didn't even know I had last week, this week I've found four more!

Porst X-M 1.6/50 (rebranded X-Fujinon)
Yashinon DS-M 1.7/50 M42
Yashica ML 1.9/50
CZJ Triotar 4/135 Exakta

I think I need to have a rationalisation and sell a few items soon....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice Konica Hexanon AR lens arrived today. It is the 35mm f2. The lens is new, actually:

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

I already owned a (used) copy of this lens and never expected to own a second copy. But when this lens popped up at the price it did, I was not able to resist purchase. Also was pleased to obtain the brand new, correct, hood, and the two new cases. The new hood and case alone would probably sell for between ten and twenty US dollars.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 35mm Vorn preset, T-mount with m42 adapter, showed up today in splendid shape. I am thinking this is probably made by Tokina (not sure).

It's a small lens. I like it because I like preset lenses in general, and because the Vorn lenses are a bit less commonplace than some other brands. Wink

Here is the auction:

Here are a couple photos of the lens:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
A 35mm Vorn preset, T-mount

That one reminded me of a lens i've had for some time, it came with a Minolta SR7 which i think i bought from a forum member. Never used the lens though.....
it's branded Galaxy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be two main varieties of the preset t-mount 35mm lenses: one type has the aperture rings at the front of the lens, the other at the rear by the mount. I reviewed a vivitar branded one of the latter on PF. Yours guardian looks more like the one in the P&B brochure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: I'm done with lens buying. Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice (except for fungus) Hexanon 24mm showed up today. Here it is:

Fungus is in the rear element(s). Not sure I can eradicate, but will try. Good challenge.

Lens actually can be used as is. Fungus is not especially heavy.

Here is the auction:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
guardian wrote:
A 35mm Vorn preset, T-mount

That one reminded me of a lens i've had for some time, it came with a Minolta SR7 which i think i bought from a forum member. Never used the lens though.....
it's branded Galaxy.

That Prinz is possibly the worst prime lens ever made, optically it is terrible and they often fall apart, cheap, nasty, horrid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

That Prinz is possibly the worst prime lens ever made, optically it is terrible and they often fall apart, cheap, nasty, horrid.

Well, now you have made me curious..... maybe i'll shoot some terrible samples tomorrow! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Prinz) Galaxy = SOLIGOR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
(Prinz) Galaxy = SOLIGOR

Same maker...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who made it, but it's a common lens and seen in many brandings.

http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/1201-prinz-galaxy-35mm-f-3-5-22

Prinz and Prinz Galazy are the same distributor, I wouldn't be surprised if Galaxy is another name they used.

Soligor was another distributor, not a manufacturer. They did sell a T mount 3.5/35 that I think is the same lens, it is certainly very, very similar, differing only in cosmetics:

http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/545-soligor-35mm-f-3-5-22-v2

From memory, I had one where the optical block just fell out one day, and it had very severe field curvature so that the edges were never in focus if the centre was and this was on an APS-C sized sensor so it would have been worse on 35mm/full frame.

There are 3 copies in this pic, branded Crystar, Photax and Prinzgalaxy:

(c) Boon Tang

Apparently it's suitable for UV photography:

http://myphotojourney.co.uk/35mm-f3-5-lens-shootout-conclusion/

This page suggests the maker is Kyoei Acall:

http://www.savazzi.net/photography/35soligor.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Soligor lens with the "KA" serial looks the same, apparently there are versions with the aperture ring at the mount side. But according to the Savazzi site the optical layout is exactly the same......
For such a common lens (which i did not know, i had never seen another one!) there are indeed quite some variations and names.....

I'll mount it on the A7 today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, I hope yours is better than the one I had. Smile